News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Unified Vidya Games thread

Started by Cain, November 21, 2013, 05:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanadium Gryllz

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Freeky

Freeky

How can you resist not taking all the valuable things, Cain?!

Freeky,
closet hoarder

Cain

Invisibility is OP, but it's actually less cheap than my preferred method of combat - Shroudwalk - Hidden Cobra - Vanish.  Basically the first gives you 90 seconds of invisibility, which you can break and regain up to five times. The second causes an enemy's health to drop to 1 upon leaving combat.  The third causes enemies to leave combat.  Basically, the Apocalypse Spell package is dirty as fuck at the high levels, especially for illusion.  I'm also auto-casting Dragonskin, Sword and Sorcery (25% extra weapon and spell damage when wielding one in each hand) and Cloak of Souls (AoE soul trap) whenever I enter combat, thanks to Ocato's Recital.  And with SkyRe's changes to Illusion spells, I can just use invisibility - mayhem and never actually do any fighting myself ever again, because Illusion spells are effectively not level capped anymore.

As for leaving behind good stuff...there is even better stuff below.  Namely, geode veins.  I'm at the point of that game where enchantments matter more than anything else, and having hundreds of soul gems will benefit that much more than ebony and glass weapons.  I also have Wintermyst installed, so getting OP at enchanting would effectively seal my character's ascension into godhood.

Incidentally, I also went on a selling spreee when I returned.  Went from 70k gold to 250k gold in about 10 days.

Vanadium Gryllz

What form are your videos going to take? Long(ish)-form playsessions from that character?
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Cain

I'm thinking hour long sessions, with a new character.  That game wasn't especially optimised for performance, which made it pretty useful from a testing POV. 

I still need to do some editing/modding before I'll be ready to go but this was a useful first step.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on October 07, 2015, 09:01:53 PM
OK, just want some feedback on visual quality here.  For some reason, I cannot use OBS to do recordings, and Shadowplay, as wonderful as it is, uses a variable framerate which desyncs the audio.  So I'm trying out recording with fraps as the alternative.

Looks clean.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Excellent.

Quick verdict on Star Wars: Battlefront based on the beta = Battlefield 4 with jetpacks.  No surprise, since it is made by EA Dice.  Frostbite engine, so looks good, destructible cover, large maps and lots of players.  Not much more to say about it, really.

Cain

I'm still testing, but another video for your enjoyment.  This is me playing the Requiem overhaul, possibly the most hardcore and unforgiving of the Skyrim overhauls, at least at the low level.  I'm trying to clear Embershard Mine, the newbie starter mine after you start the game proper, and getting my arse handed to me.

For its flaws, of which there are a few, I like Requiem.  I'm basically testing mods and load orders at the moment, so I'm getting closer to making my selections and starting a proper recording.

Bu🤠ns

Fallout 4 first impressions:

1. Right off the bat I said, okay i WILL NOT HORDE.  Now i HAVE TO hoard because of scrapping.  Meanwhile, I have Cobbsworth making little snide comments "resorting to hording, are we?!" It's like, listen asshole i have a PROBLEM. 

2. The crafting sucks...that is until i got used to it.  It still feels very baseline though.  If modders can enhance this aspect, this will make me a very happy minuteman.

3. a good bit of it feels half-done, i think.   but then i'm still in the upper corner of the map and haven't even ventured into diamond city yet.

4. The power armor part is pretty fun, imo.  It adds a bit of dimension to the game.  I think the ability to craft and, once alllll that's over with, adds to that dimension as well. 

Faust

I picked it up Sunday and spent about four hours OCD clearing fallen branches and broken stuff out of the settlement. I really hope you can make some prettier houses later as well cause wooden/metal shacks kind of suck.

Cain

I assumed those were for the peons.  Kinda like in Skyrim, how I make a thousand shitty iron daggers, then craft a legendary daedric broadsword for myself.  Once I level up my crafting skill, I'm going to make a McMansion.

I'd also like to point out, despite whining in certain corners, melee on survival is completely viable.  Viable enough to kill a Mirelurk Queen, anyway.

Faust

Its the same people said melee wasn't viable in the previous games. I mean sure you're not going to be taking down a death claw in early game, but it will ultimately be doable (even if it will result in burning through health items).