News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Unified Vidya Games thread

Started by Cain, November 21, 2013, 05:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Holy shit, I didn't realise the crafted versions of the same drugs stack perks (buff, bufftats etc). That... is kind of game breaking.
I couldn't tell from the video but it must only have been one or two hits to kill her.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

I think it was 4 hits, but yeah.  Three hits brought the health down to almost nothing...I think this proves melee is not only viable, but maybe actually OP.

Pæs

I made a shitty thing to generate character names for Skyrim: http://tesname.herokuapp.com/
It's on a free-tier webserver so goes to sleep while nobody is using it and takes a while to wake up when you first visit the page.

Some dude on Reddit broke all the character names in TES into reusable components to generate lore-friendly names with. This smashes them back together randomly.

I didn't add a button to clear the generated names from the screen, even though it would take literally two minutes, so for now the only way to tidy up the page is to switch your race selection then switch it back. Edit: Okay, it took less than a minute so I added it.

Cain

That's pretty cool.  I like the options on the Imperials - it seems only complete lore-nerds even notice that there are two distinct Cyrodiilic identities.

Dunmer names seem a bit weird, but I guess Dunmer are just weird anyway.

Cain

Almost as important, It's Happening (in 6 months).  Awake: The Rise of Mannimarco has a definitive release date.  Based on what the team have said, the mod's already in a pretty playable state, but they want to polish the shit out of it and do extensive playtesting before release.

Little is known of the mod details, except you need to have completed one major questline (guild, Dawnguard or main), be above level 30 and have done A Knife In the Dark for the mod to activate.  It's designed as a DLC sized mod, and while we've had previous bad experience with mods claiming to be such (cough cough Summerset Isle cough cough RGX cough cough), the quality of the modding team is such that I expect good things.  The option to side with, as well as oppose Mannimarco will exist.

I also like this on a conceptual level.  It's like the devs for Skyrim were all "lets make the main bad guy a necromancer dragon" without remembering that, you know, there was an actual necromancer in the game lore who had achieved godhood.  And then they made a DLC all about vampires.  And made a good 50% of the enemies who weren't a) dragons b) bandits or c) falmer be undead.  Of course, there was a Mannimarco in Oblivion, but he was just the lame mortal version.  If someone's mucking around bringing dragons back to life, it's probably going to grab the attention of the greatest necromancer who ever lived.  Even notable idiots Potema and Malkoran tried to take advantage of the civil war to raise undead armies, and that was before we knew dragons were coming back to life.  So on that level, it makes a sort of sense.

Also the guest appearance of "Richard", aka the Youtuber and mod-maker "Gopher" as his own playthrough character is a nice touch.

Cainad (dec.)

I can see now why Fallout 4 is so dangerous.

You know how all Bethesda's Elder Scrolls and Fallout games are filled with random junk items that aren't even worth their weight as vendor trash?

Well, now they're worth something. Just about every piece of garbage littering the wasteland is worth something as scrap material. You use this scrap to build equipment mods and stuff for the settlements you conquer benevolently aid.

I am the King of Trash Town. Look upon my pile of repurposed garbage, ye mighty, and despair.

trippinprincezz13

No kidding. I started playing, only for a (relatively) short time the other day, and I know my hoarding instincts are going to start kicking in.

With the beds they ask you to build initially, I made them fit fairly neatly in one of the broken down houses, but my impulse to tear up all the junk and make everything look nice and new is strong. While it is a neat addition, I can't let myself get caught up in hoarding and building forever.

Already I'm lugging around a bunch of armor and crap I don't need but rather sell for caps than repurpose into materials at the moment. No traders anywhere! (Yet, I've only gone to Concord and back). The fact that I can no longer use my dog as a pack mule will make it tougher as well.

That being said, I'm happy to finally be playing this game.

Edit: Realized Dogmeat can carry stuff. Just hadn't noticed before
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Vanadium Gryllz

So it looks like there's (another) group of people who are trying to make Skyrim muliplayer, this time in the form of Skyrim Together.

I have no idea how far they are into the process or whether it's going to work but from the looks of their subreddit they aren't short of ambition at least.

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Cain

I seem to recall another group were trying to do this, but they were having significant problems in that only the host would be able to turn in quests and similar.  Not surprising, really, given this is the same engine that Morrowind is run off.  It's simply not made for multiplayer.

Also, there is this big online multiplayer game called Elder Scrolls Online, which is actually pretty good now and kinda fun.  For an MMO, it's surprisingly single player friendly, though admittedly the endgame and PvP are not casual experiences.

Vanadium Gryllz

I actually have the elder scrolls online (on xbox one).

I am gonna reinstall it and give it another go. If anyone has it and wants to team up, let me know.

Cain

Quote from: Xaz on February 07, 2016, 12:54:11 PM
I actually have the elder scrolls online (on xbox one).

I am gonna reinstall it and give it another go. If anyone has it and wants to team up, let me know.

Unfortunately I'm a PC player, otherwise I'd gladly do so.

Now's probably a good time to roll a nightblade if you haven't already - the Thieves Guild DLC just dropped, with the Dark Brotherhood slated for the summer.  I think the meta after the last balance patch is that magicka nightblades and dragonknights are pretty awesome, at least for PvE. 

Pæs

For the first time in years, I have a gaming rig. Skyrim is downloaded, modding best practice is being researched.

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Pæs on March 02, 2016, 08:38:59 AM
For the first time in years, I have a gaming rig. Skyrim is downloaded, modding best practice is being researched.

Good luck - have fun!

Cainad (dec.)

Oh wow... I got a PC about a month ago and just now realized that I can play Skyrim on it. I've been too preoccupied with the impending release of Dark Souls 3.

Cain

Quote from: Pæs on March 02, 2016, 08:38:59 AM

I would look at the STEP guides.  http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.2

You don't have to follow everything they say, I think they go overboard on the eye candy (and that Immersive Citizens is far too buggy), but they will show you how to use modding programs, fix errors and give you ideas of what kind of mods you might want to have.