News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Unified Vidya Games thread

Started by Cain, November 21, 2013, 05:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Oh yeah, absolutely.  It's a little better with the actual characters you recruit, since it tends to reflect their personality more.  But given Jowan's personality is "whine" and Lily's is "dupe"...well, yeah.

Eater of Clowns

When they're repeated over and over again they get old, but it's made up for in other areas. Some of the best dialogue in the game randomly pops up between your party members while you're just walking around. There's something for every combination of characters, so unless you keep switching them around or play the game many times over, you won't actually see them all in game.

After my play through I definitely looked up some of those lines and laughed my ass off.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

Troof.  Pretty much any situation involving Sten, Zevran, Shale or Oghren is guaranteed comedy gold.

Eater of Clowns

I loved that one of Sten's biggest loyalty boosts in the game came from recognizing when he made a joke.   :lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

Sten's approval tree is really interesting.  While most of the others are pretty simple to figure out, his actually has something of a learning curve to it, and showing disapproval/calling him out can actually be the right move. It makes more sense once you understand Qunari culture, but it definitely puts him above, say, Alistair or Morrigan for complexity. It's a shame that two handed warriors are basically unnecessary, because otherwise he'd be my top choice for Permament Squad Member.

Cain

Part 4 is up

http://youtu.be/l1P81TW07gc

Not much happening today, I'm afraid.  It's mostly lore, characters and an entirely unnecessary murder.

Cain

By the way, I have noticed the problem with the sound.  I'm trying to find the right level for it now...the problem is, combat puts the music level right up, but the game doesn't seem to have a "combat sound" music control, only an overall music control.

On the plus side, turning the music right down would prevent more copyright notices from Inon Zur (who composed the soundtrack to the game, but only licenced EA to use his work thus making it 3rd party property and not subject to fair use) because you wouldn't be able to hear it very well.

Also, part 5 should be up shortly.  Today there is a little more action, as we're off scouting in the Wilds.

LMNO

Awesome.  On it.

Hey, do you get anything extra if I click on these ads and promoted posts?

trippinprincezz13

That's what happens when I get a snow day out of work - 3 more parts come up. Thanks a lot, Obama  :argh!:

Kidding though, as I have been looking forward to them. Let the watching commence!

As for the whiners - I'm sure I mentioned it before, but that's one of the reasons I like the dog so much. Good fighter and doesn't whine ever. I did try to switch it up a bit in my last game by not using him ALL the time, though.

Feel like last time I played DA2, everyone was whining ALL THE TIME, except Varric. Perhaps I just need to put together a better group of non-whiners.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Cain

DA2 certainly has a lot more whining, yeah.  A LOT more.  But to be fair, it is intended to be a tragedy, masquerading as a Hero's Journey.

Cain

Got three more parts.  One is uploading today, not sure about the other two.  If I make good progress on my essay this weekend, I'll do some recording on Monday and throw the two remaining parts up on Tuesday.

Junkenstein

Question - how does youtube register the video as "watched" for you to get the credit?

I ask as I tend to have to watch these in chunks so if it's anytime you watch, it's all good. If the video needs to play in full (or finish) then not so much.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

I think so long as the advert plays, it's all good.  I believe.

Cain

Part 6 is up http://youtu.be/HyRTbBvfif0

Lots of combat in this video, plus me getting lost in the Kocari Wilds while trying to follow the damn Chasind trail.