Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

Unified Vidya Games thread

Started by Cain, November 21, 2013, 05:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

THAT'S BADASS  :lulz:

I especially love doing those civil war battles with frenzy/rally/route

killing that dragon priest sounds really tricky! - good looks on sending him to the wraiths

Cain

Yeah, I wasn't sure if that was going to work at all, but my hope was to drive him towards a giant or mammoth or something.  I'm actually surprised ice wraiths could hurt him, you'd think a lich would be immune to frost damage.

My main takeaway has been that this whole playstyle would be much easier with a mod to disable combat boundaries.  The worst enemies are those you face on their own, because unless there is a convenient trap (hello Bleak Falls Barrow) or height to knock them off, you are completely fucked.  At least with disabled boundaries, you can kite enemies back into other enemies, and then use the old "frenzy-shadow warrior-whirlwind sprint-invisibility" trick to escape the chaos. 

For instance, I should be able to kill Morokei and Raghot, maybe Nakhriin as well, but the other masked Dragon Priests are out of the question. 

Cain

Uh oh.  I've discovered two things which may completely "ruin" this playthrough for me.

First, the Apocalypse spell package has a spell called "Entomb".  It allows you to capture an NPC in an underground prison, only to release them in a location of your choosing.  I'm sure you can see where this is going (all the way up to the Throat of the World, where I will Fus Ro Dah them off.  Or alternatively in the middle of the Thalmor Embassy).  This completely negates the "solo enemy" problem I outlined before, even if it is a "modded" solution.

Secondly, it turns out summoning uncontrolled Ash Guardians doesn't count them as being "your" summons and so their kills don't go on your counter.  And Ash Guardians are on a par with Storm Atronachs in terms of health and damage, so they're pretty tough.  I don't know if they are susceptible to "Command Daedra" spells if they're already unbound, so they may be a very viable option for dealing with named Dragon Priests.

This may actually allow the game to be completed.  All 3 main quests, the Dork Brotherhood, even the Companions.   

Cain

So, it looks like I'm part of the private beta for ESO's Summerset Isle chapter, their latest expansion pack.

I'm not entirely sure how, as I never applied for it, and apparently I'm not allowed to discuss the main questline at all beyond the first quest, but I guess this means I have to roll an Altmer up (something I've been resisting up until now - for magicka races they clearly have the best passives and overall meta, not to mention quicker progression. which IMO makes them boring).  At least I'm allowed to show any sidequests I find, as well as the new crafting options.

Faust

That is weird, and you cant hide an NDA in those extended terms of service that everyone scrolls through so yeah, screenshot away.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

It's on the test server, so I have to agree to their terms to access it (when it eventually downloads).  Anyway, the embargo only lasts until May 1st, and if it's anything like Morrowind, it will have some pretty lengthy sidequests I can still document until then.  The email explicitly said that the Psijic Order questline was OK to record or stream, for example, and that's an actual faction complete with a Skill line (so maybe equivalent to the Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild DLCs in terms of length and content?)

ReverendJesus

To diverge from the convo (still vidya games though), I've got a Minecraft server up, and free to all; right now I don't have a bunch of quests or anything working, but I have an MMO class/levelling system, as well as a bunch of Doctor Who stuff (especially TARDISes!).
Use Optifine & join @ mc-multiverse.com
~Rev. Jesus "H" Christ

HMGMA #D-1-10535-13
Episkopos, Flying Squirrels on Fire Cabal [FSoFCabal.com]
Ordained Minister, Church of the Latter-Day Dude
Minister, Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Reverend, United Church of Bacon
Minister, Universal Life Church
Clergy, Spiritual Humanist Church
Reverend, Open Ministry
Legionnaire, SORPOEE
Legionnaire, Cabal of Cabbage(tm)
Member, Satanic Temple
Member, Secular Student Alliance
Citizen, Aerican Empire

Answer our survey for a chance* to win one free miracle of your choice!

LMNO

Long time reader, first time poster in this thread:

How do I play Fortnite? I downloaded it to my phone, and subsequently died in a rainstorm.

Cain

LMNO

Cain

But honestly I have no idea, as I've not played Fortnite.

I did play Dragon Age Origins for the first time in forever, after discovering that half my profile achievements had been wiped.  Breaking news: Golems of Amgarrak is still the hardest fight in the series (Gurd Harofsen in Jaws of Hakkon being a close second).  I had to turn the difficulty down to Hard to complete it, because I didn't go in properly prepared :(

Faust

I've only played the console version so things might be different: The storm eye starts large and gets smaller, forcing everyone to move towards each other, you don't have to move right away at the start unless you get really unlucky with the direction you should have a minute or so to move towards it.

Cain

Quote from: Cain on May 28, 2018, 07:52:24 PM
But honestly I have no idea, as I've not played Fortnite.

I did play Dragon Age Origins for the first time in forever, after discovering that half my profile achievements had been wiped.  Breaking news: Golems of Amgarrak is still the hardest fight in the series (Gurd Harofsen in Jaws of Hakkon being a close second).  I had to turn the difficulty down to Hard to complete it, because I didn't go in properly prepared :(

Incidentally, if people want to see this entire playthrough....link.  No commentary, recorded mostly while in the depths of fever.  Only uploaded 20 videos so far (10 and 1/2 hours), but I think the whole thing, including DLC, should hit close to the 60 hour mark.

Cain

Bethesda just announced Elder Scrolls VI.

Literally nothing else is known.  The video is just the camera sweeping across some fairly undescript landscape and then the title.

Personal opinion: it doesn't look like Valenwood or Hammerfell, which were the two leading theories for the setting.  If anything, the video puts me in mind of southern Cyrodiil...so maybe Elseweyr?  It's the province we have seen literally the least of in ESO, with only Reapers March, a literal war zone on the border with both Valenwood and the Empire, shown, and there have been, unlike with Summerset, Hammerfell and Black Marsh, no planned expansions announced for it.  Mixture of mountains, arid landscape, some trees (but nothing like Valenwood's heavy forests) and coastline limit the amount of places it could be.

Faust

Elseweyr is Kahjitt territory though isn't it? I'm not sure if I am comfortable with that.