News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

Unified Vidya Games thread

Started by Cain, November 21, 2013, 05:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on November 21, 2013, 08:09:06 PM
A couple, allegedly, but I've never had the chance to try them.  Enemies do seem more likely to "chain" their abilities on Nightmare, though I'm not sure if that's by design or just chance.

Then I vote for one of them, if you'd consider it.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Pæs

I made the polls work now so don't double-count my vote! Male/Nightmare.

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 21, 2013, 08:15:00 PM
A couple, allegedly, but I've never had the chance to try them.  Enemies do seem more likely to "chain" their abilities on Nightmare, though I'm not sure if that's by design or just chance.

Well, I'd rather not mod it extensively, so if others wanted to use it for their own playthroughs they wouldnt have unrealistic expectations.  Plus, untested mods and all that.  Mind if I count it as a vote for Nightmare?

Cain

Pæs

AFTER THIS YOU SHOULD PLAY DRAGON AGE KIRKWALL: (FAILURE TO) ESCAPE FROM KIRKWALL

Cain

I swear, if Inquisition starts in Kirkwall, I will cap David Gaider.  No word of a lie.  Especially if they recycle the textures from DA2 again, though I will give them points for audacity.

Seriously though, DA2 and DAI using the events of this playthrough are both planned.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on November 21, 2013, 08:32:34 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on November 21, 2013, 08:15:00 PM

Well, I'd rather not mod it extensively, so if others wanted to use it for their own playthroughs they wouldnt have unrealistic expectations.  Plus, untested mods and all that.  Mind if I count it as a vote for Nightmare?

Not at all.

Also:

QuoteAnd just one more question...when commentating, do you want me to read out the character's answer before selecting it?  No voice actor voices the main character in this game, as you'll notice.  And while on the topic, do you want the Codex entries reading out?  Some of the lore is quite interesting, and certain adds to the feeling of the game, but there is a fair bit of it as well.  It's up to you guys.

Voice commentary would be good for key plot/lore/background stuff, Selected bits would be nice as I'm guessing there's a LOT of this.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

OK, I'll use my best judgement.  Some of the letters and things are pretty good, especially the love letters, but I guess not too many people care about the history of the Chantry, Chapter 3.

Cain

So far, The People seem to want a dwarf of some kind or another, and a rogue.

trippinprincezz13

Been away since Thursday, so just seeing this now.

Just to switch things up a bit I voted Female Elf Mage. I don't *think* I've completed a full playthrough as a mage yet. I remember starting and getting through a decent amount, but likely got distracted when I got DA2 or Fallout or something.

I just started again as a human noble, which I realized I had done before once the opening story began, but now I'm already committed and I'm not quite sure if I finished that line before either (maybe).

I have a hard time not picking rogue. Partially because as you mentioned, the ones that can join your party never seem to compare to the main character. I should switch it up a bit more, though.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Cain

Female elf mage is potentially amusing.  Not least because of the crush Cullen has on a female mage Warden, and there is no way that any mage I play will not be a) a Blood Mage, and b) an Arcane Warrior.

At the very least, it suggests Cullen ran away to Kirkwall because his crush is the thing he is most paranoid about, could probably beat him up without magic, and slaughtered thousands using some combination of sword to heart/boiling their blood in their veins in the course of the first game.

Which is almost understandable, really.  Also the mage warden does allow for the most versatile teams, possibly followed by the rogue archer warden.

LMNO

I'm not sure what that meant, but if it amuses you, you should probably go for it.

Cain

Basically, Templars are the jailkeepers and executioners for mages.  All mages are feared because they can potentially be possessed by demons (turning them into powerful abominations, which slaughter indiscriminately), or alternatively they can use blood magic, which allows them to control someone's mind, but also has neat tricks like causing people to haemorrhage uncontrollably.  In particular, the religion of the setting has strong prohibitions against the use of blood magic because the enemies of the religion's founder used it, and because, according to said religion, darkspawn and the Blight are an indirect result of blood magic.  Oh, and it's mostly learnt from demons, since knowledge of blood magic is banned everywhere outside the Tevinter Imperium, which means a blood mage is starting down the long, miserable road to becoming an abomination in most cases.

So, mages are controlled by an organization called the Circle, which is in turn controlled by the Templars, who are the militant arm of the Chantry.  They hunt blood mages and those mages who operate outside the Circle, and have the authority to kill mages inside the Circle they suspect of corruption, whether of the "talking to demons" or "blood magic" type.

Cullen, one of the Templars, has a crush on the female mage warden. 

In-game events allow the warden to become a blood mage, if one wishes.  Wardens are allowed to use any method to stop the blight, including blood magic, and operate outside of the control of the Circle, so for a lot of Templars, they are practically apostates.

A...particular series of in-game events cause Cullen to have considerable mistrust of blood mages, and not unfairly.  He kinda has a mental breakdown at the end, if you don't side with him, and he's sent off to listen to whale music or whatever by his superiors until he calms down. He's then reassigned to the most paranoid Templar command for the events of the second game, which has a lot more to do with the tension between mages and templars, and he plays a suitably larger role.

At this point, there is no clear winner on the class/origin poll, so if you wanted to change it, this would be the choice.

Pæs

Cain

Swote.  Lady Elfmage on Nightmare it is, then, unless someone hurries up and votes for another choice.  Which I don't forsee happening.