News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Unified Vidya Games thread

Started by Cain, November 21, 2013, 05:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Eater of Clowns

My playthrough was a female elf mage with arcane warrior/blood mage traits. It's so ridiculously OP that I solo'd the boss of Golems of Amgarrak. I wasn't on Nightmare, of course, but as I am not a particularly skilled tactician (subscribing to the "fuck it" school of combat) it was still a holy shit moment.

You'll have fun with it. And yeah, Cullen's reaction is almost painful. I haven't played the second one, though, so now I'm curious to see his role.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

Oh yeah, BM/AW is the soloing character of choice, which says a lot about its power output.  Some people suggest Spirit Healer instead of Blood Mage for Nightmare, but such people are just afraid of getting their hands a little dirty. 

That said, a Spirit Warrior/Archer is also insanely powerful.  900+ damage on standard criticals, over 2500 when using Arrow of Slaying.  Not as much fun though, since you're not up in people's faces, since most of them don't have faces when moving within 50 feet of the Warden.

Cain

So, firstly, I've done a nice little custom thumbnail for the playthrough in question:

Obviously, there will actually be a number next to each #, for the episode in question.

I've decided I will do Golems of Amgarrak, but on Normal difficulty.  I've already achieved "Grim Reaper", I've got nothing to prove.  Besides, the story is kinda cool.

I've sent off to EA to request permission for monetization.  Surprisingly, despite their reputation, EA are apparently mostly cool with monetization.  However, they like to grant it on a "case by case" basis so they still have a legal recourse if monetization is abused in some way.

So now it's a waiting game.

LMNO

Cain

Thanks.  In the meantime, I may do some of the rebooted Tomb Raider game videos or something.  Square Enix give permission for monetization of all their games not made in Japan...and it's honestly not a bad game.  Much better than the previous ones, anyway.  The rebooted version of Thief will be out soon as well, and I think that's one of their productions.  Or Skyrim...Bethesda never give permission anyway, but more testing is required first. 

Cain

Also worth noting: Project Eternity or, as it has now been revealed as, Pillars of Eternity is chugging along quite nicely.  The game's now up to Alpha quality, which still means it probably wont be released until near the end of the year...but as a backer, with permission from Obsidian, I might do a playthrough.  Maybe even a Path of the Damned/Expert blind playthrough.  Not Trial of Iron though, I'm not crazy.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Cain on January 18, 2014, 11:38:11 PM
So, firstly, I've done a nice little custom thumbnail for the playthrough in question:

Obviously, there will actually be a number next to each #, for the episode in question.

I've decided I will do Golems of Amgarrak, but on Normal difficulty.  I've already achieved "Grim Reaper", I've got nothing to prove.  Besides, the story is kinda cool.

I've sent off to EA to request permission for monetization.  Surprisingly, despite their reputation, EA are apparently mostly cool with monetization.  However, they like to grant it on a "case by case" basis so they still have a legal recourse if monetization is abused in some way.

So now it's a waiting game.

Sweet. Looking forward to it. Haven't played Golems yet. Have been debating which DLC I wanted to spend my money on first. Except that I did get Warden's Keep, originally thinking it was something else. And it was ok, just short.

That is pretty cool that EA is generally good about monetization, too. Good luck!
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Cain

Thanks, I actually recorded the first episode today.  It's now in post-production, which is my fancy term for "rendering it down to HD definition".

Couldn't say when it will be uploaded though.  My plan is to generally play through to the decision points, in half hour increments, then upload them one at a time, so people are not overloaded with videos.

And yeah, Warden's Keep seems mostly designed to correct the overight of having no storage at a supposed campsite.  Being a fully subscribed member of the PC Mustard Race, I already have a solution for that - modders.

That said the Warden Commander armour set does look pretty sweet.

Cain

EA emailed me back today to say while they didn't give me permission, they weren't exactly saying I couldn't do it either.

Which might be good enough for Youtube, who are holding two of my videos in monetization limbo at the moment.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hmmmm, lack of "no" could certainly be construed as "yes", under some circumstances.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Yeah, they worded it in such a way to say that so long as an uploader were to use their footage in the spirit of fair use they would not be inclined to pursue takedown notices.

Which is implied permission, IMO.

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Liked 'em both. Will probably not have a chance to actually watch all the way through until tonight though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."