News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

Unified Vidya Games thread

Started by Cain, November 21, 2013, 05:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Television

Ah. My suspicion was that they were the descendants of the original Tevinter mages, and that they had some kind of splinter culture derived from that one, but twisted and focused singlemindedly on the goal of reclaiming their old homeland. I suppose this leaves open the other possibility I had in mind, that they're some kind of metaphysical immune response to the intrusion on the Golden/Black City. Something like a cosmic allergy, I guess.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Cain

Perhaps.  One character suggests very strongly that the Taint is entirely alien to the Fade and demons dont know how to counter it, which suggests another origin for the darkspawn.  The dwarves are currently my top culprit, as they have a history of using hideous weapons of war and the darkspawn first came from, and attacked, in the Deep Roads.  And then...well, I can't give away too much, but there is something in DA2 which strongly suggests the Chantry version is, at least, partly correct.

Pæs

I really need to buy Dragon Age again. This thread has made it so.

Cain

Steam's Ultimate Edition is pretty cheap, IIRC.

I still have and use the CD-ROMs, because I'm old school like that.  Also not willing to pay twice for a game I already own.

Also, I'm falling behind on these, but that's because I had the Writing Week From Hell, Plus Job Stuff, Plus More Writing.  I should be able to do a fair amount of recordings tomorrow, for this and Dishonored.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Cain on February 25, 2014, 04:47:14 PM
I still have and use the CD-ROMs, because I'm old school like that.  Also not willing to pay twice for a game I already own.

I hear you on that. Though I'm debating picking up the ultimate edition, depending on the price, as I would like to play the DLC, but I have a feeling if I bought them all (or even just the ones I care to play) it may add up to more than the ultimate edition is selling for. Though I still feel kinda silly buying it again (well, it was a gift, but still)

Also, I'm falling behind on these, but that's because I had the Writing Week From Hell, Plus Job Stuff, Plus More Writing.  I should be able to do a fair amount of recordings tomorrow, for this and Dishonored.

It happens, but definitely looking forward to the next installments!
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Cain

LMNO

Cain

Yeah, the basic plot is pretty much set now.  Use the treaties, raise the armies.  Unite the land, kill the archdemon.

Of course, the trick is in actually doing that....everyone has, of course, decided the Blight is the best time to turn around and start killing each other.

LMNO

And as a bonus, we get to look at Morrigan some more.

Cain

Not for long.  As soon as I hit level 7, I'll be taking the Arcane Warrior specialization and throwing on some decent armor.  And then she'll get the Vestments of the Seer, as a kind of magical hand-me-down.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 03, 2014, 04:43:48 PM

You'll probably be interested to find out that Morrigan looks a lot like her voice actress, Claudia Black.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Creator/ClaudiaBlack
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 03, 2014, 04:49:27 PM

Morrigan Disapproves </3 -20

Oh, I don't know.  She does flirt with Sten, after all.

I think the only time she disapproves of being leered at is when Leliana is doing it.

LMNO

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 03, 2014, 04:51:52 PM

You'll probably be interested to find out that Morrigan looks a lot like her voice actress, Claudia Black.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Creator/ClaudiaBlack

I believe the word I'm looking for is "yowza".

Cain

Part 10 is up

http://youtu.be/rUOnJNKvwy4

Poll is linked in the video, but can also be found here http://www.poll-maker.com/poll70853x34d11B82-3

Again, not a major game choice, but it's one to sort of, well, give me guidance in the choices I'm making so far.  I'll be doing The Stone Prisoner DLC once I'm done with Lothering though, so we'll have one at the end of that.  I'll be leaving this poll open probably until the end of the week, as I've got some Dishonored to upload as well.