News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Unified Vidya Games thread

Started by Cain, November 21, 2013, 05:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I'm not sure what I just saw.  Did that player not have some sort of ninja super speed maneuver?

Cain

I'm not sure what happened either.  I think it may have been some kind of conflict between The Dance of Death mod (which adds killcams/affects the percentage chance of getting them) and the Stealth Kills for Followers mod, and somehow it registered Lydia was to get a kill cam on the bandit, but decided it would be from a totally different direction to the one she was facing.  Even though Lydia's not a stealth follower.

The game is buggy as hell anyway, even without mods.  This could be an entirely vanilla problem.

trippinprincezz13

This really makes me want to play Skyrim again now. Even though I was never able to finish the main quest before since every time I took 10 steps into the...Dragon Temple (?)... and started fighting it kept freezing. Over and over and over...
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Cain

If you're on PC, that could be due to memory allocation problems (the last Skyrim patch screwed the pooch on that), or a vanilla bug that has been fixed by the Unofficial Skyrim Patch and the subsequent DLC patches.  The former can also be dealt with, by using Skyrim Script Extender (needed for most good mods) and some .ini file edits.

Cain

Also check this out.  If it is a memory allocation issue, this should explain how to solve it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50305/?

Edit: this too http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32363/?

trippinprincezz13

Thanks! Console unfortunately, but saving those for future reference. Only recently returned the world of PCs and internet at home. Much preferred playing Morrowind on the PC, though currently have it on x-box. All the mods you were discussing above make me jealous too, but would hate to buy the same game again. We'll see.

On the chance that it maybe is still a memory issue, since I last tried playing Skyrim, I cleared up a bunch of memory on the x-box, deleting useless crap, so maybe that will help. Worth a shot at least.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Cain

Yeah, not so sure about consoles, sorry.

New episode up http://youtu.be/XC5p7dEImRo

In this episode, we recruit Sten, an apparently murderous Qunari soldier. 

For sake of reference, the Qunari are a religion, not a race, but many members of the Qunari are of a race different to the others in Thedas (the lore says they're called "kossith").  The Qunari fought the entire of Westeros to a standstill during the New Exalted Marches 300 years previously, using advanced weapons such as gunpowder and armored ships.

David Gaider said, in terms of how the Chantry and people in the rest of Thedas view them, the Qunari are a sort of militant Islamic Borg.  Which isn't entirely unfair.  The Qunari view society as a kind of unified body.  Everyone has a role, which they cannot deviate from, not without becoming a heretic.  For example, "Sten" is not Sten's actual name.  It is his rank, and other Stens are encountered in DA2.  But his rank, role and identity are so closely intertwined as to be virtually inseperable, because that is what the Qun demands.

Oh, and Leliana tries to flirt with Morrigan, under the guise of fashion advice.

LMNO

Cain

Which is really funny, when you find out her former career.  Alistair will allude to it at some point as well, during the party travels.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Cain on March 18, 2014, 08:32:05 PM
Yeah, not so sure about consoles, sorry.

New episode up http://youtu.be/XC5p7dEImRo

In this episode, we recruit Sten, an apparently murderous Qunari soldier. 

For sake of reference, the Qunari are a religion, not a race, but many members of the Qunari are of a race different to the others in Thedas (the lore says they're called "kossith").  The Qunari fought the entire of Westeros to a standstill during the New Exalted Marches 300 years previously, using advanced weapons such as gunpowder and armored ships.

David Gaider said, in terms of how the Chantry and people in the rest of Thedas view them, the Qunari are a sort of militant Islamic Borg.  Which isn't entirely unfair.  The Qunari view society as a kind of unified body.  Everyone has a role, which they cannot deviate from, not without becoming a heretic.  For example, "Sten" is not Sten's actual name.  It is his rank, and other Stens are encountered in DA2.  But his rank, role and identity are so closely intertwined as to be virtually inseperable, because that is what the Qun demands.

Oh, and Leliana tries to flirt with Morrigan, under the guise of fashion advice.

Eh with more memory freed up at least on there, I'll give it another shot and see what happens. For all I know there may be some updates or patches that came out before I had the internet at home that may help.

Nice clarification on the Qunari thing too. I knew it was primarily a religion, but never really saw (noticed) any reference to what Sten's (and the others') race was, giving me the impression it was sort of a race & religion mix (even though in DA2 there are more references of other(s) attempting to live by the Qun. So I guess it's more a matter of them not really making an obvious announcement about the race of the (majority of) Qunari referenced in the game.

Checking out next video now

Cain

The look doesn't help, either.  Sten, height aside, looks pretty human.  I mean, a bigass burly human who could snap someone like a twig, but human nonetheless.

They were all meant to have horns, like in DA2, but they couldn't figure out the helmet issue in time for the release.  In the end, they declared Sten didn't have horns because some kossith are born without them, and that's seen as "lucky" in their culture.

In DA:I, you'll be able to play a Kossith as well.  No word on if you can be Qunari as well, though I suspect not.

Cain

I'll do two uploads tomorrow to make up for the lack of one on Monday.

http://youtu.be/_IpNT7ryQMA

In this episode, we kill bandits and get paid.  Because the Chantry couldn't possibly get that body of professional doers of violence called Templars to kill a few bandits.  Probably because bandits, unlike most mages in Templar care, can actually fight back and someone might get hurt.

LMNO

Cain

Next episode is also about 40 minutes long.  That's because I'll be using the party camp for most character dialogue and related stuff.

However, the next two episodes after that are much shorter (as in, combined they are shorter than that one), as they deal with the Stone Prisoner DLC, and we will be having a little vote on how to deal with the demon at the end.

Cain

Next episode is also about 40 minutes long.  That's because I'll be using the party camp for most character dialogue and related stuff.

However, the next two episodes after that are much shorter (as in, combined they are shorter than that one), as they deal with the Stone Prisoner DLC, and we will be having a little vote on how to deal with the demon at the end.