I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

Unified Vidya Games thread

Started by Cain, November 21, 2013, 05:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Cain

Reports from the multiplayer front:

1) Pugs are just as terrible as expected.  I've played about 15 matches tonight, and been on maybe 3 good teams, possibly another two I'd class as competent.
2) Pugs love to broadcast the sound of themselves eating, or the sounds coming out of their speakers.  Thankfully, Bioware has implemented a mute option.
3) Interesting bugs so far include: losing all sound while playing a match.  You need to restart the entire game from desktop to get it back.  And apparently if you change hosts, there is a non-zero chance that the entire game will just freeze on you.

Matches are much shorter with the 7 wave system.  Some variations on old objectives make it feel a bit closer to other shooter titles, such as multiple hack objectives to capture.  Others, assassination and devices, remain as they ever were.  Shieldgating on enemies has been removed.  The Salarian Infiltrator with a Widow is still pretty powerful (this and the previous point may be connected).  Most launch maps do not seem suited for sniping however, like when ME3 was launched, I think powers may be the way to go, though I've not fully levelled up a biotic yet to see just how powerful biotic explosions can be.  The Krogan Vanguard has Nova as a power.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 18, 2017, 01:45:44 AM
Reports from the multiplayer front:

1) Pugs are just as terrible as expected.  I've played about 15 matches tonight, and been on maybe 3 good teams, possibly another two I'd class as competent.
2) Pugs love to broadcast the sound of themselves eating, or the sounds coming out of their speakers.  Thankfully, Bioware has implemented a mute option.

Because I have no real idea what you are talking about, I imagined this as meaning that you are now playing with a pack of intelligent but mannerless pug dogs.

This is bringing me tremendous joy.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Pugs = pick up games.  Essentially, playing with random people online rather than friends.  Like, when I do play with friends, it's pretty trivial to crush any difficulty, not necessarily because we're all so awesome but because we do have a certain basic level of competence and know how to move around the map, control enemy spawns, make effective use of our equipment, communicate etc

In other words, it's no challenge.  Playing with three randoms of questionable skill, intelligence or sanity however is where heroes are forged and legends are born.

It'd probably go better in many cases if there were actual pugs on the other end.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am going to continue believing that these random "people" are actually dogs.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

That belief is preferable to the reality.  Later tonight I'll put up some gameplay from a couple of matches.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 19, 2017, 08:47:59 PM
That belief is preferable to the reality.  Later tonight I'll put up some gameplay from a couple of matches.

Excellent. I hope that I am able to maintain my preferred illusion throughout watching them.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 19, 2017, 10:52:31 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 19, 2017, 08:47:59 PM

Excellent. I hope that I am able to maintain my preferred illusion throughout watching them.

My pug used to do this shit all the time. Around half of Junkenwife's facebook updates were dog written, indecipherable and yet still more coherent than the majority of social media I've seen.

I suspect that at least 5% of internet content involves no humans. I'm basing that on there being around 20 active posters here, 1 of which is Roger so it feels about right.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Alright, here you go.  Literally just uploaded, so maybe give it 10 minutes to get the 1080p resolution option.  Edit: nevermind, it's good to go.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OH GOOD I am having no trouble at all continuing to see the other players as pugs.

Cain

You should see the videos of the matches I never posted.  Like the guy who had his mic next to a fan and his speakers, ensuring all I could hear was the constant sound of the game coming back at me from 2 seconds ago, and a lot of static. 

This is why player mute is such a godsend.

And that's without going into the ME3MP matches I've had.  I've been in games where I have scored 90K by round 6, with everyone else not even scoring 10K.  90K can easily be an end of game score, and none of that was because I was great - they were just that bad.  I've revived people 15 times before round 3 is over.  I've soloed half the entire match because people died that fast and didn't bring medigel to revive.

There's a reason I said pugland was the truest test of your mettle.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 20, 2017, 06:08:58 PM
You should see the videos of the matches I never posted.  Like the guy who had his mic next to a fan and his speakers, ensuring all I could hear was the constant sound of the game coming back at me from 2 seconds ago, and a lot of static.

This is why player mute is such a godsend.

And that's without going into the ME3MP matches I've had.  I've been in games where I have scored 90K by round 6, with everyone else not even scoring 10K.  90K can easily be an end of game score, and none of that was because I was great - they were just that bad.  I've revived people 15 times before round 3 is over.  I've soloed half the entire match because people died that fast and didn't bring medigel to revive.

There's a reason I said pugland was the truest test of your mettle.

:lulz: I am loving that mental image because it's so terrible.

Faust

Oh my god that turned out to be a real game.

I remember seeing the really catchy song trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0_EWr2GJ5A
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on March 14, 2017, 02:48:57 AM
Quote from: Cain on March 13, 2017, 01:17:34 AM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on March 07, 2017, 10:57:27 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 07, 2017, 07:43:24 PM
This is how it starts.  This time next month you'll be deep into a Boku no Pico marathon session while ordering waifu pillow slips from eBay, with no end in sight.

I've immunized myself by applying steady doses of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Nani the fuck did you just fucking iimasu about watashi, you chiisai bitch desuka? Watashi'll have anata know that watashi graduated top of my class in Nihongo 3, and watashi've been involved in iroirona Nihongo tutoring sessions, and watashi have over sanbyaku perfect test scores. Watashi am trained in kanji, and watashi is the top letter writer in all of southern California. Anata are nothing to watashi but just another weaboo. Watashi will korosu anata the fuck out with vocabulary the likes of which has never been mimasu'd before on this continent, mark watashino fucking words. Anata thinks anata can get away with hanashimasing that kuso to watashi over the intaaneto? Omou again, fucker. As we hanashimasu, watashi am contacting watashino secret netto of otakus across the USA, and anatano IP is being traced right now so you better junbishimasu for the ame, ujimushi. The ame that korosu's the pathetic chiisai thing anata calls anatano life. You're fucking shinimashita'd, akachan.

I thought I was having a stroke. Then I realized the truth was so much worse.

:lulz: