News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

"Tranny"

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 27, 2013, 04:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Television

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 07, 2014, 08:04:50 PM
I'm working on clarifying the difference between a legitimate activist and an SJW.

So far, an activist wants to make things better.  An SJW wants to trumpet butthurt at the expense of making things better.

An activist is interested in advancing their cause.  An SJW *IS* The Cause.

Nailed it. Improving the world is great, but there's a point where you become nothing more than an opinion in human skin.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 07, 2014, 09:45:30 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 07, 2014, 09:38:41 PM
The good news for all of us is that when we find ourselves educating someone on their own field of experience or expertise, it's never too late to just stop talking.

I make one exception, not joking or trying to be funny:  Mike the Engineer.  You have to keep talking.  You have to get him so mad he goes home for the day.  It's your only hope.

With that exception in mind, you are otherwise 169% correct.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 07, 2014, 11:17:00 PM
The good news for all of us is that when we find ourselves educating someone on their own field of experience or expertise, it's never too late to just stop talking.

I make one exception, not joking or trying to be funny:  Mike the Engineer.  You have to keep talking.  You have to get him so mad he goes home for the day.  It's your only hope.

Roger's Rules of Industrial Survival #6:  All engineers are dangerously incompetent until proven otherwise.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2014, 12:27:02 AM

Roger's Rules of Industrial Survival #6:  All engineers are dangerously incompetent until proven otherwise.

Pfft wear gloves.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: /b/earman on April 08, 2014, 12:36:26 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2014, 12:27:02 AM

Pfft wear gloves.

See, in my experience, about 10% of engineers are capable of feeding themselves.

What's amazing is that 10% of engineers have carried us from the dark ages to space travel.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Ben Shapiro

90% of those engineers don't wear pants.

Cain

I just had a terrible mental image of Mike the Engineer as a drag queen.

Junkenstein

For you, it's an image. For Mike, it's Saturday Night.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

"Transplainers".

I love that.

Cain

Transplainers are what you fly with to go to Spain on your transholiday, right?

Golden Applesauce

100+ young queer trans women sign a very bullet pointed open letter back!
http://freethoughtblogs.com/zinniajones/2014/04/open-letter-100-trans-women-stand-against-calpernia-addams-and-andrea-james/

Meanwhile, in Maricopa County, a black transwoman activist/protestor has been sent to a men's jail for "manifesting prostitution", which is some combination of being black, wearing women's clothes, protesting the local police department, being transgender, and being outdoors in public. https://www.aclu.org/blog/lgbt-rights-criminal-law-reform-hiv-aids-reproductive-freedom-womens-rights/arrested-walking.

Some people have managed to sign both the open letter and to agitate for Monica Lewis, but it appears there is some tension between cable-TV-affording-transwomen and people who go outdoors in Maricopa County. There are accusations of mainstream white (trans???) feminism ignoring the Monica Lewis story on account of racism, respectability politics, etc.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on April 14, 2014, 04:23:18 PM
100+ young queer trans women sign a very bullet pointed open letter back!
http://freethoughtblogs.com/zinniajones/2014/04/open-letter-100-trans-women-stand-against-calpernia-addams-and-andrea-james/

Meanwhile, in Maricopa County, a black transwoman activist/protestor has been sent to a men's jail for "manifesting prostitution", which is some combination of being black, wearing women's clothes, protesting the local police department, being transgender, and being outdoors in public. https://www.aclu.org/blog/lgbt-rights-criminal-law-reform-hiv-aids-reproductive-freedom-womens-rights/arrested-walking.

Some people have managed to sign both the open letter and to agitate for Monica Lewis, but it appears there is some tension between cable-TV-affording-transwomen and people who go outdoors in Maricopa County. There are accusations of mainstream white (trans???) feminism ignoring the Monica Lewis story on account of racism, respectability politics, etc.

"Manifesting prostitution"?  What about ME, you bastards ?  WHAT ABOUT ME?  I've been "manifesting" your horrible fucking deaths for MORE THAN A DECADE, why aren't you pulling "Mystic Wicks Legalism" on me?

Oh, yeah, because I'm white and straight.  I guess I'll just have to try harder

Junkenstein

Relevant:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-27031180

Quotendia's Supreme Court has recognised transgender people as a third gender, in a landmark ruling.

"It is the right of every human being to choose their gender," it said in granting rights to those who identify themselves as neither male nor female.

It ordered the government to provide transgender people with quotas in jobs and education in line with other minorities, as well as key amenities.

According to one estimate, India has about two million transgender people.

In India, a common term used to describe transgender people, transsexuals and cross-dressers is hijra (eunuch).

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 15, 2014, 09:32:25 AM
Relevant:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-27031180

Quotendia's Supreme Court has recognised transgender people as a third gender, in a landmark ruling.

"It is the right of every human being to choose their gender," it said in granting rights to those who identify themselves as neither male nor female.

It ordered the government to provide transgender people with quotas in jobs and education in line with other minorities, as well as key amenities.

According to one estimate, India has about two million transgender people.

In India, a common term used to describe transgender people, transsexuals and cross-dressers is hijra (eunuch).

I don't understand why there are 3 genders, if you can choose between 2.

OH, WAIT.  The 3rd gender is, to law, what the OKM board used to be here.  A ghetto.

LMNO

Hm.  I'm supposing you won't accept "neither male nor female" as a valid answer.