News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

"Tranny"

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 27, 2013, 04:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 15, 2014, 03:28:05 PM
Hm.  I'm supposing you won't accept "neither male nor female" as a valid answer.

Well, it's not ME saying it.  The court said you get to choose one or the other.  A choice between two options is not itself an option.

Unless you're setting people up for something.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Oh, I see what you're saying.  The judge's ruling is phrased awkwardly.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 15, 2014, 03:31:16 PM
Oh, I see what you're saying.  The judge's ruling is phrased awkwardly.

The only problem I have is that the ackwardness is precedent.  The "3rd gender" part is the problem.

If you're gonna establish case law, I'd think "gender is not an acceptable standard" is the only way to go.  In other words, no distinction between genders - born or chosen - is permitted in the eyes of the law.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

India has a very, very different historical relationship with its 3rd gender population than the US or the UK does, so it's not going to be very revealing to look at this ruling through a Western filter.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2014, 03:29:20 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 15, 2014, 03:28:05 PM
Hm.  I'm supposing you won't accept "neither male nor female" as a valid answer.

Well, it's not ME saying it.  The court said you get to choose one or the other.  A choice between two options is not itself an option.

Unless you're setting people up for something.

The ruling recognizes the already-existing third gender and mandates protections for a class of people who has historically been forced to the fringe, often unable to obtain housing or employment.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."