News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

A Curse

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, November 27, 2013, 05:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

May you live a life of mundane misery and petty misfortune.

May you never be shot, stabbed, poisoned, or maimed.
May you never love anyone as much as your mother loved you.
May you never fight for any hopeless cause.
May you never wear a uniform of your own design.
May you never make the decisions that affect the course of your life.
May you never cry from laughter.
May you never be interesting.
May you die of mundane causes, after long and uneventful old age.
May your family never know who you really are.
May your memory fade away.

May you never matter at all.

LMNO

Wait, what was that second one again?

Q. G. Pennyworth

It's supposed to be "I curse you to a bubble of meaningless nothing." Though the second part is all bad things, those are dramatic bad things, and fucknuts does not even deserve negative excitement.

LMNO

If I may play the role of "fuckstick editor", how about 'may you never have scars'?

Sita

Well that just pretty much describes my life (minus the never cry from laughter and possibly the love as much as your mother one).
Who knew I was already cursed?
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

LMNO

I dunno. I'd say you're pretty interesting.

You're here, right?

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Sita on November 27, 2013, 06:13:48 PM
Well that just pretty much describes my life (minus the never cry from laughter and possibly the love as much as your mother one).
Who knew I was already cursed?

Not dead yet, you have the option to be more interesting any time you want :)

Sita

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 27, 2013, 06:19:09 PM
I dunno. I'd say you're pretty interesting.

You're here, right?
Thanks for that :)

Maybe it's just my perception of interesting is on the blink whenever I look at my life. Will work on that.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

LMNO

The human brain converts "happens often" to "normal".

Compare your past week to your neighbor's.  That usually works for me.

"Oh, just a normal week.  Went to a drag bar on Monday, band practice Tuesday, got weird with my wife in bed on Wednesday, in the studio on Thursday, Gay Bar on Friday, saw a kickass band on Saturday, laundry on Sunday.  You know, the usual."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 27, 2013, 06:09:53 PM
If I may play the role of "fuckstick editor", how about 'may you never have scars'?

Kitty Genovese was stabbed.  We still remember her.

And it's been 49 years.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Penumbral

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 27, 2013, 06:43:03 PM

This has been something that has been happening a lot in my life lately.

"How was your week?"
- "Routine"
"That doesn't sound very interesting."
-"You don't know my routine."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Technically, "normal" just refers to...[/requia] oh never mind.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

whenhellfreezes

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 27, 2013, 06:02:04 PM
It's supposed to be "I curse you to a bubble of meaningless nothing." Though the second part is all bad things, those are dramatic bad things, and fucknuts does not even deserve negative excitement.

Care to explain the resentment?

Reginald Ret

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 27, 2013, 06:43:03 PM

Compare your past week to your neighbor's.  That usually works for me.

"Oh, just a normal week.  Went to a drag bar on Monday, band practice Tuesday, got weird with my wife in bed on Wednesday, in the studio on Thursday, Gay Bar on Friday, saw a kickass band on Saturday, laundry on Sunday.  You know, the usual."
That is an excellent mental exercise. I will try to remember it this time, I forgot I already read this.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: whenhellfreezes on March 14, 2014, 03:05:48 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 27, 2013, 06:02:04 PM

Care to explain the resentment?

I completely forget who I wrote this for now....