News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

This thread is BAD. You know, like, baaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaad.

Started by hooplala, December 02, 2013, 09:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Okay, I checked it.  It's a quart low on snark, but has a little excess venom.

Also, etymology is incomplete.  The original word was Baedan, "to defile".  Baeddel came later, referring to hermaphodites, basically as "bad".

Which is like saying the word "jerk" is bad because a Gay guy was once called a jerk.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, how is that misogynistic?  By definition, hermaphrodites aren't strictly women, any more than they are strictly men.  Misanthropic would be more appropriate.

DOUR,
Loves some pedantry.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hooplala

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 02, 2013, 09:06:05 PM
Also, how is that misogynistic?  By definition, hermaphrodites aren't strictly women, any more than they are strictly men.  Misanthropic would be more appropriate.

DOUR,
Loves some pedantry.

I suspect they were more interested in telling people what to do, than about being correct.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rex Bologna on December 02, 2013, 09:07:36 PM

DOUR,
Loves some pedantry.

I suspect they were more interested in telling people what to do, than about being correct.

Well, obviously.  Once the fanatics get ahold of a movement, the Ann Coulter Effect is driving the bus.

hooplala

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 02, 2013, 09:08:47 PM

DOUR,
Loves some pedantry.

Well, obviously.  Once the fanatics get ahold of a movement, the Ann Coulter Effect is driving the bus.

Is the Ann Coulter Effect similar to the Andrea Dworkin Effect?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rex Bologna on December 02, 2013, 09:09:54 PM

DOUR,
Loves some pedantry.

The Ann Coulter Effect is the phenomena of any organization of fanatics having to out-fanatic each other, to the point where they just become silly.

It has nothing to do with feminism or trans rights or anything other than the ego of the various fanatics, and their perception of their standing within The Movement...Wheter that movement be right wing talk radio, or LGBT rights.

The video that Garbo so famously posted was a prime example of this effect.  The clown in the video basically validates the "Gay Panic Defense" in his efforts to justify his own hatred of and bigotry towards "CISHETS".  He didn't INTEND to do that, but that's what he did.  Because he's a fanatic and therefore not using the front 1/4" of his brain.

hooplala

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 02, 2013, 09:14:51 PM
Quote from: Rex Bologna on December 02, 2013, 09:09:54 PM

DOUR,
Loves some pedantry.

The Ann Coulter Effect is the phenomena of any organization of fanatics having to out-fanatic each other, to the point where they just become silly.

It has nothing to do with feminism or trans rights or anything other than the ego of the various fanatics, and their perception of their standing within The Movement...Wheter that movement be right wing talk radio, or LGBT rights.

The video that Garbo so famously posted was a prime example of this effect.  The clown in the video basically validates the "Gay Panic Defense" in his efforts to justify his own hatred of and bigotry towards "CISHETS".  He didn't INTEND to do that, but that's what he did.  Because he's a fanatic and therefore not using the front 1/4" of his brain.

Ah, so not even similar.  One thing I'll give Andrea Dworkin... she seemed to genuinely believe her nutbaggery.  Coulter seems to be about stoking maximum outrage in folks.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rex Bologna on December 02, 2013, 09:25:48 PM
Ah, so not even similar.  One thing I'll give Andrea Dworkin... she seemed to genuinely believe her nutbaggery.

And, to be fair, she never actually said "all sex is rape". 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rex Bologna on December 02, 2013, 09:25:48 PM
Coulter seems to be about stoking maximum outrage in folks.

Coulter is paid to divide her country.

Thing is, to stay relevant, she has to be more and more over the top.  She jumped the shark with the 911 widows thing, and then went on to new glories with her racial comments.

carnival