News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Open Bar: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, December 02, 2013, 08:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Suu on December 03, 2013, 03:00:29 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 03, 2013, 05:39:07 AM
Quote from: Suu on December 03, 2013, 12:09:26 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 02, 2013, 09:37:01 PM
Quote from: Suu on December 02, 2013, 09:28:55 PM
My sister is dragging me to an ugly sweater party in Florida when I'm down.

Not only is "sweater" and "Florida" a bad idea, but I need to make sure that I:

A: Win.
B: Embarrass the fuck out of her so I don't have to go again next year.

1.  Hit Goodwill.
2.  Look around until something harms your optic nerves.
3.  Purchase said item.
4.  VICTORY.

I also have leg warmers. And a sweater purse. None of which match.  8)

This sounds like a perfect opportunity for . . . SWANTS! http://westknits.com/index.php/2013/11/swants-tutorial/

THIS SHIT IS FUCKING HAPPENING. RIGHT NOW.

:postpics:
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 03, 2013, 06:16:55 PM
I have returned, victorious! From straightening out my latest getting-cut-off-from-food-stamps.

This time they said that they needed my 2013/2014 financial aid award letter, claiming they only have the 2012/2013 one on file (despite the fact that I hand-delivered them a copy in June) and also that they once again for the fourth time in a row cannot merely accept my word for it and a copy of the check as proof that my ex is paying me child support, they also need a statement from him.

In other words, if I could not prove to their satisfaction that I AM receiving child support, they would not give me money for food. Which is an interesting approach to that situation.

I am so so looking forward to being on stipend and not having to deal with this.

That's . . . that's special.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

8)

Doing my essay plan.  Bleh.  Abstract, bibliography, outline of essay.  Apart from actually writing out the bibliography itself, I should be able to knock this out in...half an hour?  Yeah, that seems reasonable. 

I probably should be more diligent, since this is worth 10% of the module, but I cannot take this assignment seriously.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on December 03, 2013, 08:52:18 PM
8)

Doing my essay plan.  Bleh.  Abstract, bibliography, outline of essay.  Apart from actually writing out the bibliography itself, I should be able to knock this out in...half an hour?  Yeah, that seems reasonable. 

I probably should be more diligent, since this is worth 10% of the module, but I cannot take this assignment seriously.

What's the subject matter? I'm guessing "Is terrorism a problem?" or something similar.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I got my 2nd chemistry midterm back.

I did miserably.

I don't feel TOO bad, my lab partner and everyone else I've talked to also did miserably. My first thought was that I must really not have studied hard enough at all, but we're all A students, hard workers, did all the homework, etc... but it was a really hard test and there were a couple of big point questions that were on material we hadn't covered in class.

Still, I think we all thought we were going to do better than we did. One girl I talked to, one of the class's supernerd study geeks, did even worse than I did.

One person walked out of the test. Turned out one student only got 10%, and my guess is it was that student. Over half the class didn't show up to lab today, so I'm assuming they dropped. Dude. I hope I do better on the final, because I can swallow a B. I would have a very, very hard time with a C.

I'm hovering around 98% in lab, and I got 93% on the first midterm, so it's possible I can still get an A in the class if I rock the fuck out of the final. Which, frankly, I suspect depends a lot on whether it's written and graded like the first midterm or like the second midterm.

I still think it's funny that this is the only class Bijijoo has ever flunked, and he went on to get a PhD in biophysics.  :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on December 03, 2013, 08:52:18 PM
8)

I feel you there.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is probably something  many of you have already enjoyed, but this helped lighten my mood considerably today: http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~kovar/hall.html

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 04, 2013, 02:55:27 AM

I did miserably.

I don't feel TOO bad, my lab partner and everyone else I've talked to also did miserably. My first thought was that I must really not have studied hard enough at all, but we're all A students, hard workers, did all the homework, etc... but it was a really hard test and there were a couple of big point questions that were on material we hadn't covered in class.

Still, I think we all thought we were going to do better than we did. One girl I talked to, one of the class's supernerd study geeks, did even worse than I did.

One person walked out of the test. Turned out one student only got 10%, and my guess is it was that student. Over half the class didn't show up to lab today, so I'm assuming they dropped. Dude. I hope I do better on the final, because I can swallow a B. I would have a very, very hard time with a C.

I'm hovering around 98% in lab, and I got 93% on the first midterm, so it's possible I can still get an A in the class if I rock the fuck out of the final. Which, frankly, I suspect depends a lot on whether it's written and graded like the first midterm or like the second midterm.

I still think it's funny that this is the only class Bijijoo has ever flunked, and he went on to get a PhD in biophysics.  :lol:

You'll turn this around.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 04, 2013, 03:00:59 AM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 04, 2013, 02:55:27 AM

I did miserably.

You'll turn this around.

It's not gonna kill me. And I probably won't get a C. But the confidence I felt walking into and out of that test is a great reminder of the Dunning/Kruger Effect. :lol:

Telarus

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 04, 2013, 02:56:43 AM
This is probably something  many of you have already enjoyed, but this helped lighten my mood considerably today: http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~kovar/hall.html

LOL  :lulz: That was excellent.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

LMNO

Nigel, now that it's over, can you go to the prof and sincerely ask, "what the hell was that?"

because it would seem to me that this test had something to do that was more than what you knew about the subject.

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 04, 2013, 02:56:43 AM

Hahahaha. That was awesome!