News:

PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

Open Bar: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, December 02, 2013, 08:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odibex Grallspice

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 29, 2013, 05:57:21 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 29, 2013, 04:54:25 PM
Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 29, 2013, 06:33:00 AM
Am I an alcoholic? I drink like a half gallon of gin every 3 days.

Dear god.

OK, so I am not an expert, but at the very least, that amount of alcohol will make you fat.

Ok, i did the math.  if you have 4 gin drinks a day, with 5 oz of gin per drink, that will kill a half gallon in three days.

So, it's possible, if not necessarily advisable.
Well, I don't work or anything, so my day is filled with steady drinking, though I don't get drunk, surprisingly. I'm hoping this will save my liver.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 29, 2013, 06:02:17 PM
So, in the same world where it's totes cool to down 12 glasses of wine, about two bottles a night, yep, that's totes not drinking too much.

In the meantime, the girl who drinks too much is just going to come out and say, 1/2 gallon of gin every three days is drinking too much, stop that.

A half gallon of gin a week is too fucking much.  A half gallon of gin a MONTH is too much.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 29, 2013, 06:03:24 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 29, 2013, 04:54:25 PM

Dear god.

OK, so I am not an expert, but at the very least, that amount of alcohol will make you fat.

Ok, i did the math.  if you have 4 gin drinks a day, with 5 oz of gin per drink, that will kill a half gallon in three days.

Well, I don't work or anything, so my day is filled with steady drinking, though I don't get drunk, surprisingly. I'm hoping this will save my liver.

I hit my testicles with a hammer all day, but steadily.  I am hoping this this will save my g'nads.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 29, 2013, 06:00:29 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 29, 2013, 05:53:31 PM
Um, maybe be proactive for a half a minute?
Yeah, maybe someday, I recently asked a girl out on facebook which is progress of a computer sort. Oh, and I forgot I recently had an online relationship with a girl. Lucked out there, but the online thing is kind of worthless, to me anyway.
From Baltimore to Portland is a big move, I know this, see, because I live in Baltimore.
[/quote]

Online MEETING people is fine, but online "relationships" are bullshit. Don't waste your time.

Accountant lived in Portland for years, has a brother here. It's not that kind of massive resettlement that it would be for someone who doesn't already have family and friends and a life here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Odibex Grallspice

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 29, 2013, 06:02:17 PM
So, in the same world where it's totes cool to down 12 glasses of wine, about two bottles a night, yep, that's totes not drinking too much.

In the meantime, the girl who drinks too much is just going to come out and say, 1/2 gallon of gin every three days is drinking too much, stop that.
I'll try, but I literally crave the stuff when I don't have it.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 29, 2013, 06:03:08 PM
Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 29, 2013, 05:49:07 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. I've never in my life asked a girl out. If I hadn't been somewhat attractive and interesting I would be a forever alone virgin. But eventually, roughly after highschool, the girls stopped asking me out and I've been alone ever since, more or less. And frankly that sucks, but I just don't have the social skills to make something happen. What are ya gonna do, though?

"Go ask a girl out."

The penalty for failure is a "no", which leaves you where you started, not further back.

If I ever even get the opportunity, I surely will, But I, I don't get out so much.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 29, 2013, 06:03:24 PM

Dear god.

This way lies madness. Go outside. Join a meetup group. Volunteer.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Get a dog. Go to dog parks.

Do SOMETHING.

I mean, it's none of my business if you don't, I'm just giving you advice.

The Good Reverend Roger

Nigel is giving you the correct answer.  "Go outside" is all you need.

I can't add anything else to this conversation.

Odibex Grallspice

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 29, 2013, 06:08:53 PM

Do SOMETHING.

Eh, I'm really a mess quite frankly.This world may not be for me. I'm on disability for Bi-polar disorder and the meds just barely keep my head above water. I verily well despise dogs, so that's not going to work.  I find they slobber and hump.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 29, 2013, 06:14:28 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 29, 2013, 06:08:53 PM

Do SOMETHING.

Eh, I'm really a mess quite frankly.This world may not be for me. I'm on disability for Bi-polar disorder and the meds just barely keep my head above water. I verily well despise dogs, so that's not going to work.  I find they slobber and hump.

Bipolar and consuming 12 servings of alcohol a day.

I may have identified your problem... it isn't the bipolar disorder, though.

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, in case your doctor hasn't told you (I'm sure they have, just joshin') alcohol interferes badly with every bipolar med on the market.

Not that you don't already know this. And if your doc hasn't ever told you this, you have a sweet malpractice suit in your pocket.

Odibex Grallspice

No, I laugh and shit. Have a good time party down still. All is not lost, I promise!
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 29, 2013, 06:19:00 PM
Also, in case your doctor hasn't told you (I'm sure they have, just joshin') alcohol interferes badly with every bipolar med on the market.

Not that you don't already know this. And if your doc hasn't ever told you this, you have a sweet malpractice suit in your pocket.
You know your business.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"This world may not be for me"

Guess how much sympathy I have for any alcoholic on the planet?

Awwww this much.

LMNO

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 29, 2013, 05:59:07 PM

Dear god.

5 oz of gin is, in my world anyway, roughly three servings.

Like, not to be a dick but 5 oz is about a glass of wine, volume-wise.

A decent martini is About 8 oz, and is essentially cold gin with a bit of flavor.  Those were the lines I was thinking along.

Again, not advisable, but possible, given the drinking time window.  If you start at noon and go to midnight, it's feasible.