News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

The Revolution Doesn't Give A Fuck About You

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, December 05, 2013, 02:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

No, babycakes, The Revolution doesn't really give a fuck about you. Its interest in you begins and ends with what you can offer, and when you're done you'll be discarded and probably labeled a traitor to the cause, or just "burn out" if you're lucky. The Revolution doesn't give two shits about your mental health, and the path it sends you down will undoubtedly shake you to your core.

The Revolution doesn't have time for nice people, because nice people don't get shit done and The Revolution only cares about getting shit done. You do not get to be a nice person if you want to stay and fight. There are no good guys in the trenches, only our bastards and theirs. The Revolution will make you a bad person, and it won't put you back together after.

Don't cry, babycakes. Don't cry where the others can see you. The new recruits don't know yet, and The Revolution needs them bright eyed and full of ideals when they head out to the front lines. Sure, they'll be back here in six months after their tour, carrying with them the memories of good men and women dead or imprisoned before their time, lost to the world. They'll cringe when they watch the news, because they know people there, and they knew more people there once. Because it's where their friends went to play medic in a war zone. Because it's where they used your images to protest climate change before the typhoon hit. Because that's where their friends went to jail, and that's the bitch who sent them there. You can't break them yet, they'll break on their own soon enough.

I'm sorry, babycakes. I wish things were different. But The Revolution needs warm bodies, and it doesn't have the resources to care.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Why yes! I believe it would! Do you want to drop the link to it in the thread, or shall I?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Revolution does not give a fuck about you. If there is only one thing you take away from me, let it be that the Revolution, honest and for true, could not give less of a shit about your well being or structural integrity. The Revolution will chew up your mind and floss with your spirit. The Revolution will grind you under its heel as surely as any machine that exists. You will die here, and nobody will mourn you.

The Revolution will not sew up your war wounds. The Revolution will not even call a retreat: it is standing at the rear line with pistol in hand to shoot the deserters. Your cowardly acts of treason against The Revolution are as inevitable as they will be short. The Revolution does not suffer apostates to live.

The Revolution does not care about your sacrifices. It demands your support structures, your resources, your time and your breath, and it will not stop even when all have been exhausted. The hunger of The Revolution is eternal, its lust for blood and tears insatiable. The Revolution will make lots of promises about replacing those old things with better ones, but you must know the truth: The Revolution will give you nothing, it only knows how to take. The Revolution will take your everything.

The Revolution is only there for you when the day is bright and the streets are full or the nights are filled with teargas and smoke. It feeds you adrenalin and pretends that running on crisis chemicals won't fucking destroy you in the long run. The Revolution isn't there when you have to pour acid on the driveway to clean up the blood. The Revolution won't pay the bills or check on you when you're sick. The Revolution needs its martyrs, but only the photogenic ones and even then only when they are politically useful. The Revolution does not have a widows and orphans fund. The Revolution will not hold your hand as you are dying.

There's recruitment to be done, you see.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Junkenstein

QG, just wanted to say this creative flurry is awesome. Long may it continue!
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 16, 2017, 10:42:18 PM

Well right now it's a coping mechanism for the political climate, so I'm kinda hoping not?  :horrormirth:

Junkenstein

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 16, 2017, 10:49:27 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on February 16, 2017, 10:42:18 PM

Well right now it's a coping mechanism for the political climate, so I'm kinda hoping not?  :horrormirth:

Well, at least there's one bonus to the next 4 years.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Wizard Joseph

There's a Trump-lemonade joke to be had here. It nasty and I'm not chasing it..
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: MMIX on February 17, 2017, 01:35:00 AM
When life gives you oranges - Panic!

I do resent his spray-tan look. I like the color orange. It's not his to wear. Fucking spray-tan satan.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: MMIX on February 17, 2017, 01:35:00 AM
When life gives you oranges - Panic!

I am stealing this.

ALSO INDESIGN JUST CRASHED FUCKITYFUCKFUCKSHITDAMNPISSASSCHRIST