News:

PD.com: We have 73 Virgins!

Main Menu

Yeahhhhh

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 10, 2013, 08:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chelagoras The Boulder

I've had good friends insist upon #8, cuz apparently i'm not brown enough to be a REAL Mexican.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

LMNO

Sad to admit, I've done a few of these.

Apologies from my past selves.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 10, 2013, 12:54:34 PM
Sad to admit, I've done a few of these.

Apologies from my past selves.
Me too, and i still occasionally do.
This is one of the reasons why i try to avoid talking to people, I say stupid shit.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

I kinda like the "You're really pretty...for a dark-skinned girl" one.

Someone missed an awesome chance to stop talking, right before the italicized bit.  And it's not even the skin color statement.  If you're going to remark on someone's beauty, brains, maturity, etc...DON'T FUCKING QUALIFY IT.  DAMN.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

#13's expression is priceless. Also nicely put.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Nephew Twiddleton

To be fair, I would think it was weird that she listens to Carrie Underwood too, but not because she's black. Because she listens to Carrie Underwood.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Q. G. Pennyworth

Okay, stepping my foot in it in hopes that I come out of this less stupid: what's the deal with the "you're white" one? I can imagine contexts in which it becomes offensive (i.e. "that can't be your dad, you're white" or "what do you mean you celebrate kwanza with your bi-racial family, you're white") but I can see others where I would still say or think that at someone and think that I was in the right. I mean, that girl holding the sign is whiter than the snow in Vermont. She may have a biological parent that's another race, or she might be the whitest person in Mexico, or she might be adopted into a family of another race, but that is not the face of a person who is going to see a lot of racial discrimination in her lifetime. She's not going to get pulled over for driving while black. No one is going to assume she's a terrorist at the airport (any more than the norm).

I dunno. I'm stuck on that one, which probably means I'm wrong about something.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 10, 2013, 04:02:35 PM
Okay, stepping my foot in it in hopes that I come out of this less stupid: what's the deal with the "you're white" one? I can imagine contexts in which it becomes offensive (i.e. "that can't be your dad, you're white" or "what do you mean you celebrate kwanza with your bi-racial family, you're white") but I can see others where I would still say or think that at someone and think that I was in the right. I mean, that girl holding the sign is whiter than the snow in Vermont. She may have a biological parent that's another race, or she might be the whitest person in Mexico, or she might be adopted into a family of another race, but that is not the face of a person who is going to see a lot of racial discrimination in her lifetime. She's not going to get pulled over for driving while black. No one is going to assume she's a terrorist at the airport (any more than the norm).

I don't think that has anything to do with people commenting on her race, but that her tastes are non-white.

"Stop doing that thing you enjoy. You're too white for that."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Hoopla on December 10, 2013, 04:05:22 PM
It is weird that that girl listens to Carrie Underwood.

Not because she's black, but... because she listens to Carrie Underwood.

Damn dude, do we have a brain link or something?

hooplala

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 10, 2013, 04:07:04 PM

Yeah, I really have to stop responding before reading the rest of the thread.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 10, 2013, 04:06:32 PM

I don't think that has anything to do with people commenting on her race, but that her tastes are non-white.

"Stop doing that thing you enjoy. You're too white for that."

Taking a second look at her, she could be Latina. I've known a few that I would have assumed were not.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Hoopla on December 10, 2013, 04:07:44 PM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 10, 2013, 04:07:04 PM

Yeah, I really have to stop responding before reading the rest of the thread.

No worries dude, I liked it.

hooplala

Perhaps "white" isn't her preferred self identification label.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Faust

What's with the Garcia one as well I don't get it.
Sleepless nights at the chateau