News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Good Guy Cop, Bad Guy Cop

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, December 18, 2013, 07:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Good Guy Cop analyzes metadata about crime locations and times to devise a new beat which puts police officers in the neighborhoods they are needed most to improve response times and potentially dissuade criminal activities.

Bad Guy Cop mines metadata from telephone records for information about the habits and associates of people he doesn't like to stalk and harass them.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Good Guy Cop requests No-Knock warrants for violent suspects who are known to possess weapons.

Bad Guy Cop requests No-Knock warrants for non-violent hackers.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Good Guy Cop pulls over vehicles that are driving erratically.

Bad Guy Cop pulls over vehicles that are operated by black people.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Good Guy Cop uses appropriate force to restrain a suspect who resists arrest.

Bad Guy Cop shoots to kill.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow, I both love this AND am creeped out by it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

I totally want to do a whole series of these Goofus and Gallant style.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Good Guy Cop forges relationships in his community while respecting boundaries, leading to more timely reporting of suspicious and criminal activity and more cooperative witnesses.

Bad Guy Cop knows they're all out to get him.

The Good Reverend Roger

Good Guy cop pulls you over because you "look like an illegal".

Bad Guy cop pulls you over and beats the fuck out of you because you "look like an illegal".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Good Guy Cop comes over to talk to you because he thinks your teenage children may be involved in smoking marijuana.

Bad Guy Cop comes over to talk to you because he suspects you have family members who are involved in the drug trade.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

Bad Guy Cop takes one of your friends and takes him with you while out of uniform and without identifying himself as a policeofficer.

Good Guy Cop responds when you call the police about this kidnapping, makes you lie on the ground, handcuffs you and releases the attack dog on you. (in that order.)

This happened to my brother and his friends. (one friend got arrested, my brother called the cops and another friend is still missing a bitesized chunk out of his leg.)
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Q. G. Pennyworth

I feel like you guys have way lower standards for "Good Guy Cop."

Junkenstein

Good guy cop and Bad guy cop are the same person. Feeling lucky, punk?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 19, 2013, 02:51:56 PM

I'll go play this game somewhere else, then.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 19, 2013, 02:57:59 PM

That wasn't meant snarklily, I was just thinking that the vast majority of cop interactions are based from their perceptions as you. Good guy cop is a good guy cop to you. If you're lucky. Is he as much of a good guy to Mr Madeup Ethnicname? Depends how lucky you are.

Sometimes good guy cop wakes up in a bad mood and feels like being bad guy cop for the day. Just because he can and he can get away with it.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

hooplala

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 19, 2013, 04:37:11 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 19, 2013, 02:57:59 PM

That wasn't meant snarklily, I was just thinking that the vast majority of cop interactions are based from their perceptions as you. Good guy cop is a good guy cop to you. If you're lucky. Is he as much of a good guy to Mr Madeup Ethnicname? Depends how lucky you are.

Sometimes good guy cop wakes up in a bad mood and feels like being bad guy cop for the day. Just because he can and he can get away with it.

I was under the impression Gojira was contrasting what an ethical police officer should be acting, with how they sadly too often end up acting.  I may be wrong.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman