News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Good Guy Cop, Bad Guy Cop

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, December 18, 2013, 07:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Quote from: Hoopla on December 19, 2013, 04:41:09 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on December 19, 2013, 04:37:11 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 19, 2013, 02:57:59 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on December 19, 2013, 02:51:56 PM
Good guy cop and Bad guy cop are the same person. Feeling lucky, punk?

I'll go play this game somewhere else, then.

That wasn't meant snarklily, I was just thinking that the vast majority of cop interactions are based from their perceptions as you. Good guy cop is a good guy cop to you. If you're lucky. Is he as much of a good guy to Mr Madeup Ethnicname? Depends how lucky you are.

Sometimes good guy cop wakes up in a bad mood and feels like being bad guy cop for the day. Just because he can and he can get away with it.

I was under the impression Gojira was contrasting what an ethical police officer should be acting, with how they sadly too often end up acting.  I may be wrong.

Pretty sure you're right, I'm just on a huge unrelated tangent. Please get back to the thread and ignore me shitting the bed.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

That wasn't meant snarklily, I was just thinking that the vast majority of cop interactions are based from their perceptions as you. Good guy cop is a good guy cop to you. If you're lucky. Is he as much of a good guy to Mr Madeup Ethnicname? Depends how lucky you are.

Sometimes good guy cop wakes up in a bad mood and feels like being bad guy cop for the day. Just because he can and he can get away with it.

I was under the impression Gojira was contrasting what an ethical police officer should be acting, with how they sadly too often end up acting.  I may be wrong.

Nope, you got it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 19, 2013, 01:30:09 PM
I feel like you guys have way lower standards for "Good Guy Cop."

I have personal experience in this matter.

I was "best guy" cop.  Think about that for a minute.

Um, okay.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 19, 2013, 05:07:04 PM

Nope, you got it.

So was I.   Or at least "how ethical it is POSSIBLE to be, given the structure imposed on them."

But never mind.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I'm not interested in what's possible. It would be kind of funny to have it slowly devolve into Good Guy Cop getting drummed out of the system and beaten to death by Bad Guy Cop, though.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 19, 2013, 06:01:43 PM
I'm not interested in what's possible. It would be kind of funny to have it slowly devolve into Good Guy Cop getting drummed out of the system and beaten to death by Bad Guy Cop, though.
heh, yeah. Though i think that would need longer stories. Please go on, Ignore my attempt to change it to the perspective of the good cop.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Freeky

Good Guy Cop pulls a speeding, stop-sign running vehicle over, tells the driver to turn the engine off, and calmly hands the ticket over, then pushes the now dead car into the parking spot 15 feet and 270 degrees away at 4 am.

Bad Guy Cop pulls out the tazer with no warning.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 19, 2013, 05:32:35 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 19, 2013, 05:07:04 PM

Nope, you got it.

So was I.   Or at least "how ethical it is POSSIBLE to be, given the structure imposed on them."

But never mind.

This, in about 1000 ways.

But yeah, keep it going...I think starting it the way you did and having it devolve would be the master stroke.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

von

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 18, 2013, 07:54:37 PM
Good Guy Cop requests No-Knock warrants for violent suspects who are known to possess weapons.

Bad Guy Cop requests No-Knock warrants for non-violent hackers.

smart non-violent hacker realises he fucked up when he sent his shellcode over Torified FTP because he was an idiot and allowed a DNS leak. He then promptly puts his hard drive in the thermite-box to get rid of all those pesky CP pics, CC numbers, and lovingly crafted sploits and shellcode payloads as soon as he hears good guy cop knock on the door....

stupid non-violent hacker orders marijuana over the clearnet and unsupectingly opens the door when bad guy cop dresses up like the postman...

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Good Guy Cop - Shakes his head and smirks a little at the needlessly obstinate anti-authoritarian type exercising his constitutional rights to refuse a search.

Bad Guy Cop - Puts his head in the subject's pocket over their objection and drops them like a dirty turd when they resist.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Doktor Howl

Good guy cop:  Is secretly a member of the KKK.

Bad guy cop:  Is openly a member of the KKK.
Molon Lube