News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

So, I used to paint...

Started by Odibex Grallspice, December 23, 2013, 05:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

:asshat:

Srsly though, the Visionary Museum is pretty awesome.

Odibex Grallspice

Oh yeah, it's the  coolest. I took a few of my paintings to show up there while I looked around once.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like that last one a great deal, actually.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Odibex Grallspice

Yeah, you mean it? Well , thanks!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 26, 2013, 04:27:55 PM
Har, nope, Baltimore. I've seldom been out of it. Why do you ask?

Because that's a picture of Tucson.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Odibex Grallspice

I must have been indulging in a bit of remote viewing, then.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 26, 2013, 09:05:37 PM
I must have been indulging in a bit of remote viewing, then.

Not uncommon.  Everywhere is Tucson, usually when you're not ready for it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

President Television

Ok, I really like your paintings. I kinda wish more abstract art was all fleshy like yours instead of just psychedelic colours. Mind if I link this to a friend of mine?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Odibex Grallspice

Quote from: President Television on December 27, 2013, 12:07:38 AM
Ok, I really like your paintings. I kinda wish more abstract art was all fleshy like yours instead of just psychedelic colours.
Me too!

Quote from: President Television on December 27, 2013, 12:07:38 AMMind if I link this to a friend of mine?
Not at all!

Odibex Grallspice

I kinda wish more abstract art was all fleshy like yours instead of just psychedelic colours.
You might want to check out Australian painter James Gleeson, he's pretty fleshy!

Anna Mae Bollocks

I like the last one, too. The imperfections go with the subject matter. Good old gritty painting.

And yeah, Tucson. With the Nashville bus station around the corner.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Odibex Grallspice

I'm glad you at least acknowledge the imperfections.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 28, 2013, 03:13:41 AM

If it's perfect, it isn't art. 

President Television

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 27, 2013, 02:46:00 AM
I kinda wish more abstract art was all fleshy like yours instead of just psychedelic colours.
You might want to check out Australian painter James Gleeson, he's pretty fleshy!

Will do.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 28, 2013, 06:34:06 AM
Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 28, 2013, 03:13:41 AM

If it's perfect, it isn't art.

This.
If it's perfect, it's a fucking Camels ad in a magazine or something. Too slick, look at it and forget it.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division