News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

HEY FELLOW OLDSTERS: LET'S GET DEPRESSED

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 25, 2013, 05:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

http://djrioblog.com/2013/11/26/new-wave-artists-aging-gracefully-an-80s-world-gone-by/

This is Peter Gabriel now:

We're old, and we're gonna die. Merry Christmas!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Wheeeeeee!  :lol:

Nice to see famous people with minimal or no plastic surgery. (Also not dead yet.)

Robert Smith looks fucking scary, though. 

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I saw John Goodman on the Jimmy Fallon show the other night and it shocked me. He got OLD.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is Boy George:

Who I just discovered was in prison for "Falsely imprisoning a rent-boy" WTF?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Odibex Grallspice

Yeah, I just let my goatee  grow out, despite having a bunch of gray hairs in it. But I guess if it's good enough for Peter Gabriel and Boy George, why shouldn't it be good enough for me. But, my word, aging sucks. I've like fat and stuff now. It tires me to tie my laces...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I DO NOT LIKE the getting fat part of getting older. I actually have to DO STUFF ON PURPOSE to maintain any semblance of a figure. Like running and squats and shit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It isn't even working that well, like I'm not one of those "in great shape for 42!" women. I feel more like I'm holding back a tide of fat and the moment I lose my focus it will burst the dam and I'll suddenly weigh 400 lbs.

Odibex Grallspice

Probably true.  :lol: I'm 42 too! Women have it rougher I think. A guy can get away with having a beer gut for some unbeknownst reason. But yeah, exercise is not for me, so I'm just letting the pounds multiply. Where it ends nobody knows!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 25, 2013, 05:42:29 PM
http://djrioblog.com/2013/11/26/new-wave-artists-aging-gracefully-an-80s-world-gone-by/

At least he's not making some grotesque & feeble attempt to stay "looking young".

I hope I have that same peace of mind when I get into my 60s.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

MMIX

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on December 25, 2013, 10:43:14 PM
Yeah, he's still got his dignity, even though it has sagged below his knees.

ftfy

Droopy tits are the new black, kiddies, honest . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: MMIX on December 26, 2013, 12:30:09 AM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on December 25, 2013, 10:43:14 PM
Yeah, he's still got his dignity, even though it has sagged below his knees.

ftfy

Droopy tits are the new black, kiddies, honest . . .

Nobody seems to be doing lifts anymore. They just shove shit in any which way to take up the extra skin:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 25, 2013, 08:59:05 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 25, 2013, 05:42:29 PM

At least he's not making some grotesque & feeble attempt to stay "looking young".

I hope I have that same peace of mind when I get into my 60s.

Yeah, the people, men and women, who looked the best in there are the ones who just went "yep, getting older, let's do this thing!" instead of trying to cling to the last vestiges of youth.

Did you see Robert Smith? Holy shit. It's both terrifying and depressing. Seriously, please, please Robert Smith, just stop.

If I saw that coming at me I'd cross the street.

Odibex Grallspice

He looks like a homeless woman or an insane cat lady.

Dildo Argentino

Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis