Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 29, 2013, 05:07:52 PM
So I have a sort of dilemma.

I mean, not REALLY, but let's just pretend that somehow I have some kind of say in the matter.

There's my accountant. In Baltimore. Who I have been kind of in love with for like 20 years. I would like him to move back to Portland, no idea if that's going to actually ever happen. Pipe dreams and wishful thinking, right?

And then there's this artist who I have had kind of a minor recurring crush on for the last 5-ish years. Who owns a home in St. Johns and is really into dogs and gardening, and who gave me a fantastically panty-moistening hug last night. With his absurd, perfect body OMG how does he even do that.

I think artist guy likes me and he is single again, having finally broken up with his last lady who was basically superhumanly awesome and totally intimidating. But he's also suuuper monogamous and if I go there, that's IT. Any extracurricular interests go into shutdown, goodbye accountant.

Actually this is not even really a dilemma because I'm too chickenshit to do anything about it. Like if I was a player I would be all "hey artist, know how you wanted to come to the coast but there's no more room at the house? Well you can share my bed" but I'm not actually ever going to say that.

Well, could you see yourself spending the rest of your life with him and enjoying it? If so, take the chance. If not, then don't. The extracurricular is a draw, but if the intramural outweighs it, intramural.

To put it into my experience, Villager chased after me for a couple of years, and I resisted it because I wanted to not be tied down. Now I can't imagine life without her. And thing was, I could, when she was chasing me, see myself marrying her, and I think that's why I was so resistant. If that makes sense.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 29, 2013, 06:03:08 PM
Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 29, 2013, 05:49:07 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. I've never in my life asked a girl out. If I hadn't been somewhat attractive and interesting I would be a forever alone virgin. But eventually, roughly after highschool, the girls stopped asking me out and I've been alone ever since, more or less. And frankly that sucks, but I just don't have the social skills to make something happen. What are ya gonna do, though?

"Go ask a girl out."

The penalty for failure is a "no", which leaves you where you started, not further back.

This. Get a no, move on. That's roughly how high school works except with intense bouts of hormonal ennui.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 29, 2013, 06:07:45 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 29, 2013, 06:02:17 PM
So, in the same world where it's totes cool to down 12 glasses of wine, about two bottles a night, yep, that's totes not drinking too much.

In the meantime, the girl who drinks too much is just going to come out and say, 1/2 gallon of gin every three days is drinking too much, stop that.
I'll try, but I literally crave the stuff when I don't have it.

Definition of addiction.

I drink about 1.4 coffees per hour at work, each hour, Monday through Friday. I rarely drink coffee on Saturday or Sunday. If you crave it, you are addicted. I quit nicotine cold turkey, though I needed to be hung over as shit several days in a row to make that work (thought behind it was get so disgustingly drunk you can't move until sunset the next day. It worked.)

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 29, 2013, 11:55:51 PM
I keep calling Roger out on the fact that he lives somewhere that nobody can live because it's uninhabitable, and he just keeps getting back to me with "it's because we're all dead".

This makes me uncomfortable, so I mostly ignore it. YOU CAN'T LIVE SOMEWHERE UNINHABITABLE JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE DEAD. That's a weak excuse.

Hmmm. Let me consider this.

Considered.

I posit that since every major city is inhabited by dead people, the only thing that makes it different is how they died.

Tucson tucsons everyone. Portland makes you jump off bridges. Boston? Hmmm... It does, but I'm not sure of the method. Drink yourself  to death is probably the most accurate. MIT deaths. Usually alcohol poisoning. High caliber colleges, high caliber pain killing. Also, the annual sacrifice. There is always one college student who gets nailed by the commuter rail, because he or she forgot the train tracks.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 30, 2013, 04:13:08 AM
Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 30, 2013, 12:04:44 AM
Well it's pretty terrible but mostly because of Nigel's and Rogers' own twisted brand of toughlove.  :fap:

Oh, it's the Nigel and Roger show, again.

I guess.

:kingmeh:

Your back, I got it.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Da6s on December 31, 2013, 02:47:21 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 30, 2013, 10:49:10 PM
I am a 17-year-old gay male person (hate being called boy, I'm a man, god damn it) living in the South USoA. I am also a pretty pretty princess.

Define "in the South".

Atlanta, Georgia - USA.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Lenin McCarthy

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 29, 2013, 05:49:07 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. I've never in my life asked a girl out. If I hadn't been somewhat attractive and interesting I would be a forever alone virgin. But eventually, roughly after highschool, the girls stopped asking me out and I've been alone ever since, more or less. And frankly that sucks, but I just don't have the social skills to make something happen. What are ya gonna do, though?

By Jove, you remind me of myself (not a past me, even). But for now it is better if you think of me as some long dead old Roman guy.

Fate has assigned to you a limited lifespan. This fleeting moment might just as well be your last. Cherish it.
Since girls have already asked you out before, it is reasonable to think other girls can find you interesting and attractive as well. Especially considering the stigma against girls who ask guys out.
Feeling socially inept?
a) getting anywhere takes practice. All those people around you weren't born with fully developed social skills; they have gained them through persistent trial and error throughout their lives. You've gotta start somewhere, even if you're late entering the game.
b) some girls find social awkwardness charming, to some extent.
Life is short. Ask her out. And remember that others think about you way less than what you probably believe. Even if she says no, she might even admire your courage. Believe it or not, acting like you have balls is generally attractive to people who are attracted to people who have balls.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Waffleman on December 31, 2013, 12:11:46 AM
This pretty princess has made some new music with the new guy in the band.

What do y'allses think? https://soundcloud.com/fabian-schmidt-10/no-cure

That was REAL nice.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 30, 2013, 10:25:25 PM
Look, I'm no hound dog...but I should like to know if I am surrounded by lady-folk.

Welll... I can't say much, but if that's important to you, watch your backspace. If you know what I mean.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 31, 2013, 02:31:05 AM
NOTHING IS AS BAD AS IT SEEMS.

BUT YOU'RE STILL FUCKED.

I just burned all of my trash and my christmas tree in the backyard.

True story.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Waffleman on December 31, 2013, 12:11:46 AM
This pretty princess has made some new music with the new guy in the band.

What do y'allses think? https://soundcloud.com/fabian-schmidt-10/no-cure

Listening to now.

Nephew Twiddleton

I'm less than a minute in and it's gorgeous.

Damn dude.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 30, 2013, 10:27:54 PM
Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 30, 2013, 10:25:25 PM
Look, I'm no hound dog...but I should like to know if I am surrounded by lady-folk.

I am an angry Black woman.

And a beautiful fairy princess.  I have proof of this on Youtube.

This is totally undeniable.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 30, 2013, 10:46:17 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 30, 2013, 09:07:01 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 30, 2013, 07:55:09 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 30, 2013, 07:50:10 PM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on December 30, 2013, 07:48:43 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 30, 2013, 06:36:24 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 30, 2013, 06:32:23 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 30, 2013, 05:37:44 PM
Board is empty again today.  Except for Obadai Grallspex or whatever his name is, and LuciferX explaining why woo > physics, etc.

So I'm going to go find something offline to do.

Sorry.  Lunch with Mrs LMNO, and then I had to revisit some of the LessWrong quantum physics sequence, because of that damn science fiction thread.

No worries.  I assume you're busy during the day, these days.  Cain's got shit on his plate, and Nigel is busier than hell.

Everyone else, though, has fucked off to Facebook to share and Like, because they care.  Most people won't bother to share or repost, you know.  It's a well-known fact.

I checked in here briefly, then I fucked off to facebook to make sure one of my groups wasn't getting infested with INTUITIVE PAGAN, then I came back.

Bring the "intuitive pagans" here.   :lulz:

I've never heard that term, but I already know what it means:  Even the ridiculous forms of neo-paganism thrown off in favor of flat-out, unadorned wish-fulfillment fantasy.

Please yes do. I am ever so interested in hearing what enlightenment my intuitive brothers and sisters bring to the butcher table. Oh my yes.

This just in : My newer-than-new boss just fired 2/3 rds of the staff.  :lulz: :horrormirth: :lulz: :horrormirth: I am closing forever. Hehehehe. HAHAHAHAA.

Your place of work is an ongoing trainwreck that never fails to amaze.

Did they at least get rid of that one shitty, lazy coworker who lies? Or is she long gone?

That was the last manager. She quit. The new-new manager is firing pretty much everyone else. Except me and one other guy. Problem? Hasn't hired anyone. :P

I feel like this is a grand opportunity to make things happen?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 29, 2013, 05:07:52 PM
So I have a sort of dilemma.

I mean, not REALLY, but let's just pretend that somehow I have some kind of say in the matter.

There's my accountant. In Baltimore. Who I have been kind of in love with for like 20 years. I would like him to move back to Portland, no idea if that's going to actually ever happen. Pipe dreams and wishful thinking, right?

And then there's this artist who I have had kind of a minor recurring crush on for the last 5-ish years. Who owns a home in St. Johns and is really into dogs and gardening, and who gave me a fantastically panty-moistening hug last night. With his absurd, perfect body OMG how does he even do that.

I think artist guy likes me and he is single again, having finally broken up with his last lady who was basically superhumanly awesome and totally intimidating. But he's also suuuper monogamous and if I go there, that's IT. Any extracurricular interests go into shutdown, goodbye accountant.

Actually this is not even really a dilemma because I'm too chickenshit to do anything about it. Like if I was a player I would be all "hey artist, know how you wanted to come to the coast but there's no more room at the house? Well you can share my bed" but I'm not actually ever going to say that.

Well, could you see yourself spending the rest of your life with him and enjoying it? If so, take the chance. If not, then don't. The extracurricular is a draw, but if the intramural outweighs it, intramural.

To put it into my experience, Villager chased after me for a couple of years, and I resisted it because I wanted to not be tied down. Now I can't imagine life without her. And thing was, I could, when she was chasing me, see myself marrying her, and I think that's why I was so resistant. If that makes sense.

How could I see myself spending the rest of my life with anyone I don't really know and enjoying it? That question is hilarious, really. Who could I spend two hours with and know that? I could as easily say that I could see myself spending the rest of my life with Waffle Iron, because I like his music.