Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 04:16:01 AM
Quote from: Net on January 28, 2014, 04:13:51 AM
Quote from: Vladimir Poutine ⊂(◉‿◉)つ on January 28, 2014, 03:56:27 AM
I still haven't managed to graduate after 6 years because I totally suck. Also art school made me hate art. I think I will graduate next spring tho finally...I hope

I didn't graduate either after being in school for 5-6 years.

I hate art schools now, but not art. In fact, I hate them so much that I refused to take the 3 remaining classes required to graduate from their crony-corporatist shit-show of a school. I'm going to cash those credits in on a worthwhile degree.

When I'm able to go back to school it's going to be in the hard sciences....possibly math. Pure fucking math. Shit where it's undeniable you've got the RIGHT answer and can fucking PROVE it. No more of this design bullshit that no one gives a shit about unless they're a rich, overeducated pisshole.

SUU WAS RIGHT, GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN, IT'S A FUCKIN SCAM!

Math is beautiful and perfect. I was lured toward math for a while, but I decided in the end that I actually want the messy, complicated, ugly realities of biology and human behavior.

But math. Math! So lovely. So perfect. So CLEAN.

Math was always my first love. 

It tells you the hideous truth.  And you dream about it at night, when you're in the depths of your studies.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 28, 2014, 04:17:01 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 04:16:01 AM
I still haven't managed to graduate after 6 years because I totally suck. Also art school made me hate art. I think I will graduate next spring tho finally...I hope

I hate art schools now, but not art. In fact, I hate them so much that I refused to take the 3 remaining classes required to graduate from their crony-corporatist shit-show of a school. I'm going to cash those credits in on a worthwhile degree.

When I'm able to go back to school it's going to be in the hard sciences....possibly math. Pure fucking math. Shit where it's undeniable you've got the RIGHT answer and can fucking PROVE it. No more of this design bullshit that no one gives a shit about unless they're a rich, overeducated pisshole.

Math is beautiful and perfect. I was lured toward math for a while, but I decided in the end that I actually want the messy, complicated, ugly realities of biology and human behavior.

It tells you the hideous truth.  And you dream about it at night, when you're in the depths of your studies.

I miss dreaming about math.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 27, 2014, 05:07:38 PM
I think I'm done with TDS2014.  I'm not going to throw poop all over the walls, but I am not going to accept being slapped down for taking part in a conversation, either.

:x :x :x

Going to have a look.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 04:22:53 AM

Not me.  Linear algebra is bad enough when you're AWAKE.  Difficult AND tedious.

But calc, now...That's a fucking SEX DREAM.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 28, 2014, 04:24:12 AM
I think I'm done with TDS2014.  I'm not going to throw poop all over the walls, but I am not going to accept being slapped down for taking part in a conversation, either.

Going to have a look.

Ah, leave it be.  There's no point splattering shit all over the...

...holy shit.  I'm getting OLD.

:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 28, 2014, 04:24:32 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 04:22:53 AM

Not me.  Linear algebra is bad enough when you're AWAKE.  Difficult AND tedious.

You're making me so jealous... I never got to take calc. I don't, technically, need it.

But I WANT it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 28, 2014, 04:25:13 AM

Going to have a look.

You should use it the way Zach and I use it. As an intermittent fuckfest, when we get bored with other things.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 04:28:18 AM

You're making me so jealous... I never got to take calc. I don't, technically, need it.

But I WANT it.

Take it as continuing education, then.  It's fun, but it's a time sump that will harm your required courses. Seriously, I've seen it knock people right out of college.

No joke, it eats your life.  Hours and hours and hours per week.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 04:28:52 AM

Going to have a look.

You should use it the way Zach and I use it. As an intermittent fuckfest, when we get bored with other things.

Oh, I'll be back, once I get over my butthurt.

I don't know why it bothered me so much.  It wasn't exactly surprising.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Hey Nigel! LIKE A BOSS. Congrats!

DOUR, I've been thinking about "old". And you know what? Old people are CRABBY, and nobody goes up to them and tells them "SMILE!"
Old people carry STICKS.

I kind of look forward to this.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 28, 2014, 04:30:07 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 04:28:18 AM

But I WANT it.

Take it as continuing education, then.  It's fun, but it's a time sump that will harm your required courses. Seriously, I've seen it knock people right out of college.

A buddy of mine is in Calc II. Three times a week. Five homework problems per class. Three hours per problem.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 28, 2014, 04:31:05 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 04:28:52 AM

Going to have a look.

Oh, I'll be back, once I get over my butthurt.

I don't know why it bothered me so much.  It wasn't exactly surprising.

I still think it's a misunderstanding based on the arbitrary order in which Facebook posts comments. For you, his comment came right after your comment. For  me, it showed up in response to the Bieber comment, which posted  the same minute yours did, and "who cares?" makes way more sense in reply to a Bieber comment, from a guy who has been spamming Bieber comments all over the fucking place for weeks. It's his thing. It makes little to no sense in reply to your comment.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 28, 2014, 04:38:27 AM
Hey Nigel! LIKE A BOSS. Congrats!

DOUR, I've been thinking about "old". And you know what? Old people are CRABBY, and nobody goes up to them and tells them "SMILE!"
Old people carry STICKS.

I kind of look forward to this.

Thanks, dawg!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 28, 2014, 05:04:51 AM

But I WANT it.

A buddy of mine is in Calc II. Three times a week. Five homework problems per class. Three hours per problem.

Really?

That seems excessive. I mean, vastly excessive. 45 hours of homework a week? On top of, what, six hours a week in class? They might want to find a good tutor. I have never heard of anyone spending more than a perfectly reasonable 12-16 hours a week on Calc II homework.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

But I WANT it.

Everything I have ever heard from EVERYONE about calc is that it makes everything make sense, and it makes it SO MUCH EASIER.