News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on January 30, 2014, 03:07:27 AM
I feel like a dog ate my heart, right after I got hit by a semi.

I also only slept for 3 hours last night.

Sleep more tonight.

I feel like I sense you sliding into the lure of numbing the spinning mind with liquor. That's OK, as long as you don't do it for too long.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on January 30, 2014, 03:12:52 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 03:08:22 AM

These two things might be related.

I am going to pour beer all over it and see what happens.

Like I was saying.

It can be cathartic for a while, in which case wring as much out of it as you can. If you're using it as a numbing agent, try to limit it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 30, 2014, 07:01:41 AM

Sleep more tonight.

I feel like I sense you sliding into the lure of numbing the spinning mind with liquor. That's OK, as long as you don't do it for too long.

Once I did it for a year. I do not think it will be like that now. Fortunately, my responsibilities prevent that from taking a deep hold.

Truth be told, I hate drunks, I found my grandmother unconsious once. I thought she was dead. I never, ever lose control like that.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on January 30, 2014, 05:53:15 AM
IT OCCURS TO ME THAT ALL MY FAVORITE WRITERS WERE DRUNKS.

FURTHERMORE, IT OCCURS TO ME THAT I MAY HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF COMMITTING MYSELF TO BEING A DRUNK INSTEAD OF WOMEN.

OR AT LEAST, ABOUT AS WELL OFF.

PSHHH

You're still young. Many women are in your future. Well, hopefully not "many". Hopefully, just a few, all of whom leave you feeling enriched, and at least one of whom will never leave you at all.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on January 30, 2014, 05:58:31 AM
MEN, BY AND LARGE, PETER OUT.

WOMEN HAVE STAYING POWER.

THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT.

ALL OF IT.

"Peter out"

:lmnuendo:

Salty

At the moment it seems safer than random sex, whic really sends me into downward spiral.

That, and Nina Simone.

I will be all right.

This is all part of the healing process. I remember from 5 times before or so.

I give it three to six months. I dunno, it just takes me a while.

Salty

God damn android keyboards.

Fuck you, Apple and your stupid lawsuits.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah random sex is never good for much other than the morning after "WHAT WAS I THINKING?"

It's funny, none of my regrets these days have anything to do with sex.

#1 is "the weird background I allowed my tattoo artist  to put behind my pteranodon"

and #2 is "Going straight for a hysterectomy without first trying out a uterine artery embolism, just in case that worked".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow, having actually typed them out, neither of them seems worth losing sleep over.

Salty

Heh. Plus, that is a whole lot less weight to carry around.

I would give up my testicles if they weren't so important. They just drag around for the most part. Mostly useless.

Salty

My #1 regret is not buying that.POS trailer (along with the one next to it) when I still had a stable job wih The Man.

Moved out, ah ha ah ha, for the one before my wife.

But I find it best not to dwell on such things.

Salty

Junkenstein

First Email I open - 15 pages, A3, Bills of quantities. Due in a week. Reply was somewhat terse.

Second email - Audit due, 3 days long, in a week. Reply was less than polite.

Third email - Boss bitching about how he has so much to do. Probably shouldn't have replied.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Sita

Weather is cold and rainy.
But because of Florida it is not cold enough for snow.
Today temps are low 39 high 55, tomorrow it will be in the 70s again.

Apartment is almost looking reasonable again after another of my long episodes. *insert stupid, rambling, long complaint of people not helping here*

Can't wait for tax money to come in. Just so that I can see it all go away on things like rent and furniture and other needed but not fun at all things.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

LMNO

I'm experiencing American™ problems.  The Entertainment© technology my wife and I bought and had installed isn't working properly.  Due to Clarke's Third Law1, I can't figure out how the hell this stuff is supposed to work, nor how to fix it.  Apparently, this makes me extremely frustrated and grumpy. Then, when I notice how much this affects me negatively, I am embarassed and get angry at myself for being so upset at such a petty problem.  When the initial anger doesn't abate, even when I point out to myself that I'm being stupid, I get angrier.  At which point I start drinking.  And then I realize I'm drinking to avoid the problem, which leads to more guilt and anger....

You get the picture.

LMNO
-mildly hung over, still pissed off at wireless technology and the Comcast monopoly.

1 "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."