News:

Oceana has always been at war with Iraq

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Poleris on January 03, 2014, 06:55:14 PM
I dunno if you guys could tell but hit the booze a little last night.

I suspected, a little bit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 03, 2014, 07:05:38 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on January 03, 2014, 06:47:20 PM
Wow, the past week (weeks?) has flown by. Had the best New Year's Eve in a while (except for a sad note) at a lake house on Lake Winnipesaukee. Just my boyfriend and his brothers and their girlfriends and one other close family friend of theirs and his girlfriend (plus an extra childhood friend). No bars, no driving, no obnoxiously drunk people. Despite being up until past 4, boyfriend and I able to get up early and cook breakfast for everyone. Then on the way home, stopped at a local packie and brought home much fancy beer. (You know, Budweiser Select)

On a sad note, before heading to said NYE party, our pet mouse did in front of us. Hadn't seen him when I first got home and changed his water. Went to get him cheese and by the time I got back to the room, he was lying on his side...dying. Last until my boyfriend got home from work at least. Most people don't care about mice, but he was still our pet for the past 7-ish years since we caught him in our old apartment. So, it sucks  :sad:   Still have our cat and snake, and we knew this was coming eventually, but I've grown accustomed to seeing him come out to greet me/beg for food everyday, so, yea.

Hello again.

Holy shit, you had a 7 year old mouse?!? That's GOTTA be a record. I've never had a rat make it past 4.

Sounds like it was a wild-type, which means it didn't have all the weird inbreeding problems that often kill domesticated strains.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So I made my 10,000 steps, 5 miles, and 30 minutes of aerobic activity before 3pm today, which informs me that I am nowhere near as sedentary as I thought I was. Plus I've climbed twice the number of flights of stairs as were my "goal", and since my house is made mostly of stairs I will most likely triple it before bed. I also realized that part of the reason I've been drinking so much on break is simply because I'm only eating about half the calories I need to maintain my squirrel-like activity rate, and my body's like "Yeah? FUCK THAT" and as soon as my guard is down a bit it wants to guzzle all the delicious beer calories it can get. So I need to eat more.

I also learned that I slept for approximately 5 hours and 55 minutes last night, waking up twice and spending 45 minutes "restless".

I love my Fitbit. It's awesome.

minuspace

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 03, 2014, 11:10:35 PM
So I made my 10,000 steps, 5 miles, and 30 minutes of aerobic activity before 3pm today, which informs me that I am nowhere near as sedentary as I thought I was. Plus I've climbed twice the number of flights of stairs as were my "goal", and since my house is made mostly of stairs I will most likely triple it before bed. I also realized that part of the reason I've been drinking so much on break is simply because I'm only eating about half the calories I need to maintain my squirrel-like activity rate, and my body's like "Yeah? FUCK THAT" and as soon as my guard is down a bit it wants to guzzle all the delicious beer calories it can get. So I need to eat more.

I also learned that I slept for approximately 5 hours and 55 minutes last night, waking up twice and spending 45 minutes "restless".

I love my Fitbit. It's awesome.

Beer is awesome because in addition to calories, it also provides me with a sense of hydration :lulz:

And...  and...  I'm too well darn bred domesticated to patiently negotiate that last part like a proper gentleman  :lulz: :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hey hey hey! I was talking about my new fitness tracker!  :lol:

http://www.fitbit.com/start

Salty

I have seen a company, cant remember which, try and fail to sell those kinds of things at att. It was super flimsy ajd did not do what it said on the label.

Glad to see somebody has managed it.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cain

Bleh, writing about Iraq is utterly depressing.  And just reminds me that I really wish in the existence of hell, since it's about the only fit punishment for unleashing that kind of exercise in mass bloodletting on a country. 

That I strongly suspect Saudi Arabia are helping stage Anbar Awakening 2: Electric Boogaloo as a means to collapse the Iraqi state does not improve my mood any.

LMNO

Good thing it all paid for itself with all that oil money.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Poleris on January 04, 2014, 07:47:11 AM
I have seen a company, cant remember which, try and fail to sell those kinds of things at att. It was super flimsy ajd did not do what it said on the label.

The early fitness monitors were OK, but maybe not as smoothly integrated or as simple to use. Fitbit is pretty cool. The one thing I wish it had was a heart rate monitor, but then it would cost more.

From what I hear, we can expect heart rate monitors to show up on these this fall (at about $100 more) and by the end of 2015 they'll be on all of them. Hopefully breathing rate monitors will follow shortly.

Salty

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 04, 2014, 08:15:33 PM

The early fitness monitors were OK, but maybe not as smoothly integrated or as simple to use. Fitbit is pretty cool. The one thing I wish it had was a heart rate monitor, but then it would cost more.

From what I hear, we can expect heart rate monitors to show up on these this fall (at about $100 more) and by the end of 2015 they'll be on all of them. Hopefully breathing rate monitors will follow shortly.

That is really awesome, those kinds of details could help people a lot.

I may have to get one. I have been thinking quite a bit about teaching beginner fitness, and that data would make things a lot easier. I would assume.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Poleris on January 04, 2014, 08:20:52 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 04, 2014, 08:15:33 PM

That is really awesome, those kinds of details could help people a lot.

I may have to get one. I have been thinking quite a bit about teaching beginner fitness, and that data would make things a lot easier. I would assume.

It was surprisingly enlightening for me. I have been thinking of myself as "sedentary" for years, but yesterday I walked seven and a half miles, almost 17,000 steps, 26 flights of stairs, and did 41 minutes of aerobic activity, just in the course of my daily routine.  And I haven't even started school yet, nor did I go hiking. I just need to increase my calories from food and decrease my calorie intake from alcohol.

East Coast Hustle

You probably mentioned it earlier but my head is full of dayquil and snot and I'm a little out of it...is this a standalone device or an app for your phone? I'm already pretty sure I live a more physically active life than most Americans but I'd be curious to see it quantified.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 04, 2014, 10:25:18 PM
You probably mentioned it earlier but my head is full of dayquil and snot and I'm a little out of it...is this a standalone device or an app for your phone? I'm already pretty sure I live a more physically active life than most Americans but I'd be curious to see it quantified.

It's a device that goes in a wristband or your pocket (or in my case, my bra): http://www.fitbit.com/start

It syncs to your phone and your computer, and you can integrate it with other apps. I use it with MyFitnessPal.

Suu

So, my stress levels are starting to soar, so I excuse the ranty nature of this, but I think it's just vent time.

I'm still in Florida, I'm scheduled to fly home on Monday morning, but due to the high volume of people stuck because of the Nor'Easter, I'm going to voluntarily bump and take some vouchers. This is really no big deal, because I'm currently unemployed, my boyfriend is stationed 2 hours away, and my house has no food with an extremely nasty cold snap happening this week. It will delay my work a bit, but I'm honestly not sure how well I will be able to function coming from the 60s to the negatives on Tuesday, anyway. Even if not, my brain does feel a bit better now that it's had 3 weeks of not-Rhode Island.
The big issue at hand is that URI still has not made any decisions on graduate admissions, well, as far as I go. Yesterday I saw that some folks were receiving spring decisions for other schools, so I figured it's just a matter of time now, but the idea of me not getting in, and having to deal with a move to New Hampshire in the middle of what appears to be the coldest winter I've ever experienced just doesn't sound pleasant. On top of that, Sallie Mae already asked for money, and I had to cough up $205 this week with no option of forbearance for the rest of my life. It's not a terrible amount, but it's not easy without a job. So, I'm probably worrying over this far more than I actually have to, considering both options have been made pretty clear. Admission = stay in RI, finish masters. No admission = move to NH, either apply for an online degree or get apps in for other schools for fall admissions. I've made the decision that once I'm out of RI, I'm out for good, even if it means living North of the Wall for a while in Libertarian Heaven.

Sure I have these paths, but it's not helping my imminent levels of WTF WTF WTF. It's bad enough they're waiting until January to provide admission decisions, because getting registration and financial aid sorted before the 22nd is going to be tough for a Master's program.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 03, 2014, 06:47:59 PM
THIS PLACE IS A MORGUE AND YOU PEOPLE ARE NO FUN AT ALL I'M GONNA GO FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO. FACEBOOK IS MORE FUN THAN THIS STALE CESSPOOL OF F5ING SPECTATORS, I'M OUTTA HERE.

J/K, I just got back from getting a flu shot and haven't really read the board yet today. I just felt like something was missing from my morning.

Needs more bitterness and seething rage.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.