News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Kaousuu's Krazy Khaki Kristmas Kookies on January 09, 2014, 03:20:22 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 09, 2014, 03:04:06 PM
I love tea. I have to cut back my tea intake, I drink waaaayyyy too much tea.

It can cause kidney stones. :/ Especially if you drink rich black teas. If you're more into green tea and lighter herbals, not so much, but they can still be very dehydrating. Which sucks of course, because tea is worlds better than coffee, imo.

I've got a 5 cup a day habit, but i mix it up with tisanes (technical name for herbal tea)

Pope Pixie Pickle

and yea, sometimes I mix the loose tisanes with black tea.

tyrannosaurus vex

I'm in it for the theanine. I'm trying to find the strongest possible theanine content because I feel like it might induce a zombie-like trance state in which I no longer care about the skyrocketing costs of my company's health care plans.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

Quote from: Pixie on January 09, 2014, 03:23:08 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 09, 2014, 03:05:18 PM
Chai Tea latte or GTFO.

Cain,
beverage philistine

I fucking love chai. even the frothy shit you  get at coffee chains that's made with powder.

I have a coffee machine which I make all my chai lattes with.  The Tassimo/Twinnings stuff is pretty nice, actually.  Smooth and fragrant.

Cain

Quote from: V3X on January 09, 2014, 03:25:57 PM
I'm in it for the theanine. I'm trying to find the strongest possible theanine content because I feel like it might induce a zombie-like trance state in which I no longer care about the skyrocketing costs of my company's health care plans.

I have European Union policy papers for that.  Cheaper, too.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Cain on January 09, 2014, 03:25:58 PM
Quote from: Pixie on January 09, 2014, 03:23:08 PM
Chai Tea latte or GTFO.

Cain,
beverage philistine

I fucking love chai. even the frothy shit you  get at coffee chains that's made with powder.

I have a coffee machine which I make all my chai lattes with.  The Tassimo/Twinnings stuff is pretty nice, actually.  Smooth and fragrant.

I tend to brew it like a average black tea and add a teeny bit of milk so it looks like coffee. With sugar.

Traditional chai making methods just seems like arseache.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on January 09, 2014, 03:26:41 PM
Quote from: V3X on January 09, 2014, 03:25:57 PM

I have European Union policy papers for that.  Cheaper, too.

:lol:

EK WAFFLR

The alternative/new-age fucktards in norway are making pedo accusations against people in the skeptic community. Shitstorms all the way.
I hate new-agers with the passion of a thousand mohammad alis.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Waffleman on January 09, 2014, 05:27:41 PM
The alternative/new-age fucktards in norway are making pedo accusations against people in the skeptic community. Shitstorms all the way.

I hate Causes in general.  They do that sort of thing to primates.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Chai Tea latte or GTFO.

Cain,
beverage philistine

I like chai lattes, but one has enough calories to count as a full meal.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 09, 2014, 05:36:04 PM

"The movement is more important the people"........ Makes you want to set them on fire!

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: 375 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal on January 09, 2014, 06:14:53 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 09, 2014, 05:36:04 PM

"The movement is more important the people"........ Makes you want to set them on fire!

I need to set something on fire. Preferably the Cause people.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Waffleman on January 09, 2014, 06:21:31 PM

I need to set something on fire. Preferably the Cause people.

But, being Norwegian, anything will do.   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Kaousuu's Krazy Khaki Kristmas Kookies on January 09, 2014, 03:20:22 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 09, 2014, 03:04:06 PM
I love tea. I have to cut back my tea intake, I drink waaaayyyy too much tea.

It can cause kidney stones. :/ Especially if you drink rich black teas. If you're more into green tea and lighter herbals, not so much, but they can still be very dehydrating. Which sucks of course, because tea is worlds better than coffee, imo.

Drinking black tea reduces the risk of kidney stones in women. http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=711282

The myth that tea contributes to kidney stone formation is based solely on its oxalic acid content, not on research into the effects of consumption. Even if the oxalic acid content was a concern, adding milk helps the body process it.

Luckily I'm not prone to kidney stones anyway, though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

So, my son has apparently come up as a match for bone marrow for a very sick 19 year old girl in Canada.  So he's going to DC in February, to endure the glory that is a marrow tap (agonizing, and the drugs make you ill).  For some kid he doesn't even know.

I'm pretty fucking proud of him right now.

So is the USMC, apparently.  They'll be giving him 3 weeks convalescent leave in February, a month before he goes to Okinawa.  So I'll have him back for more time than I expected.