News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, everything is in 3 languages.

Ladies, did you know that "shower cap" in French is "bonnet de douche"?

So now you have THAT on your head.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Enrico Salazar

Did someone say gorgeous?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 09, 2014, 06:30:33 PM
So, my son has apparently come up as a match for bone marrow for a very sick 19 year old girl in Canada.  So he's going to DC in February, to endure the glory that is a marrow tap (agonizing, and the drugs make you ill).  For some kid he doesn't even know.

I'm pretty fucking proud of him right now.

So is the USMC, apparently.  They'll be giving him 3 weeks convalescent leave in February, a month before he goes to Okinawa.  So I'll have him back for more time than I expected.

Wow, that's INCREDIBLY cool. Way to go, kid!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 09, 2014, 06:36:12 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 09, 2014, 06:06:10 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 09, 2014, 03:05:18 PM
Chai Tea latte or GTFO.

Cain,
beverage philistine

I like chai lattes, but one has enough calories to count as a full meal.

That's perfect for me.  I'm hardly eating of late, but I'm drinking loads. 

Actually, these are about 90 calories, which is less than I expected.  Still wouldn't want to have more than 10 a day, but it's fairly manageable.

Whoa

the ones from the coffee shop are about 300 for a medium-size one.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: 375 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal on January 09, 2014, 07:31:39 PM
Quote from: Waffleman on January 09, 2014, 06:57:55 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 09, 2014, 06:25:21 PM
Quote from: Waffleman on January 09, 2014, 06:21:31 PM

I need to set something on fire. Preferably the Cause people.

But, being Norwegian, anything will do.   :lulz:

Yep.

Is that a hippie?

yeah. The anti-semitic motherfucker running the biggest new age shop in norway. I wish.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Cain

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 09, 2014, 08:37:02 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 09, 2014, 06:06:10 PM
Chai Tea latte or GTFO.

Cain,
beverage philistine

Actually, these are about 90 calories, which is less than I expected.  Still wouldn't want to have more than 10 a day, but it's fairly manageable.

Whoa

Damn.  These are probably cheaper too, since they cost about $1 per drink.  I mean, that's still pretty expensive, but much much less than coffee shop bought stuff.

Reginald Ret

So, my son has apparently come up as a match for bone marrow for a very sick 19 year old girl in Canada.  So he's going to DC in February, to endure the glory that is a marrow tap (agonizing, and the drugs make you ill).  For some kid he doesn't even know.

So is the USMC, apparently.  They'll be giving him 3 weeks convalescent leave in February, a month before he goes to Okinawa.  So I'll have him back for more time than I expected.
Your son is good people.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Anna Mae Bollocks

This is multiple-level FANTASTIC.  8)
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Suu

Have I told you lately how fucking awesome your son is?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 09, 2014, 08:50:15 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 09, 2014, 08:37:02 PM
Chai Tea latte or GTFO.

Cain,
beverage philistine

Whoa

Damn.  These are probably cheaper too, since they cost about $1 per drink.  I mean, that's still pretty expensive, but much much less than coffee shop bought stuff.

It sounds like we're paying by the calorie, here.  :lulz:

Salty

I am just kinda chugging along here. That blowup on FB now shakes lose my last bit of mooring other than my son and my sister.

I am grateful for them, and I an grateful for all of you. You help me feel less alone, and right now that is pretty god damned valuable to me.

I do not stay overwhelmingly positive, the reality is my life still isnt all that terrible.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

I do not have much substance on my mind though.

I am trying Brahmacharya, yoga celibacy. In part to see if there is any inherent benefit, and in part to keep myself stable.

So far the lack of concern about sex is already set in and I feel relieved.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's an awesome idea! We loves you, Alty!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The other people in my evaluation of argument class are not very good at following directions.