News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 13, 2014, 03:23:06 PM
CPD: Fingers crossed.
Cain: Yay!
Nigel.  I own a few trilbys.  I may Spagbook them if I can find any pics.

You are an Easterner. Your people apparently wear trilbys.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 13, 2014, 03:47:06 PM
Growing the fu manchu back in.

Also, we got another Safety Officer.  It isn't looking good so far.  He told me I had to tarp the ALL WEATHER welding machines.  I asked him if there was an easier way to gather up scorpions, snakes, and killer bees.  He then ORDERED me to do it.  I showed him the org chart and explained the chain of command to him, as well as the fact that his title is "safety technician", not "safety director", as his helmet says (he had the helmet made...and illegally modified).

He is currently whimpering to my boss.

Somehow, this all seems so terribly familiar.  ALMOST LIKE IT'S HAPPENED BEFORE.

:lulz:

These people. Where does your company find them?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 13, 2014, 03:53:29 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 13, 2014, 03:50:30 PM

Also, we got another Safety Officer.  It isn't looking good so far.  He told me I had to tarp the ALL WEATHER welding machines.  I asked him if there was an easier way to gather up scorpions, snakes, and killer bees.  He then ORDERED me to do it.  I showed him the org chart and explained the chain of command to him, as well as the fact that his title is "safety technician", not "safety director", as his helmet says (he had the helmet made...and illegally modified).

Somehow, this all seems so terribly familiar.  ALMOST LIKE IT'S HAPPENED BEFORE.

You reached the end of the Tucson ouroboros again. Expect a threat of the end and a nightmare of teeth, before the nagging sense of repetition comes.

Expect it?  I set my fucking watch to it.

Seriously, how fucking hard is it to find a safety technician that doesn't think he's Goddamn Lee Iacoca?  This jackass has "Capt <last name>" on his helmet, and told one of my guys to refer to him as captain (Wtf?  For real.  WTF?  CAPTAIN?).  I told my guy to refer to ME as "Emperor by Grace of God Roger I", and to refer to the safety officer as "Just another bloody peasant".  He got mad, started bitching about me "undermining his authority".  I pointed out that he hasn't got any.

The man is obviously unhinged.  Time to push things along, and cut right to the end.

My Muse! My Inspiration!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 13, 2014, 05:01:47 PM

:lulz:

These people. Where does your company find them?

Tucson, of course.  Remember that we are under your cities, and all the weird shit flows down here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Tutorial on terrorists and crime.  Boring, boring BORING.  Some of us were reading John Robb in 2004, you know.  MEND, FARC, Autodefensas Unidas de Colombia, Haqqani Network....yawn.  And having to read some snorefest apparently authorised by the DIA is not helping any.  Kidnappers in bed with suicide bombers in bed with money launderers in bed with heroin traffickers in bed with assassins, oh my!

Let's talk about crime as terrorism.  Economic asymmetrical warfare.  Self-sustaining profit networks that contribute to insecurity used in a strategic fashion.

That'd be fun.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2014, 07:18:46 PM
Tutorial on terrorists and crime.  Boring, boring BORING.  Some of us were reading John Robb in 2004, you know.  MEND, FARC, Autodefensas Unidas de Colombia, Haqqani Network....yawn.  And having to read some snorefest apparently authorised by the DIA is not helping any.  Kidnappers in bed with suicide bombers in bed with money launderers in bed with heroin traffickers in bed with assassins, oh my!

Let's talk about crime as terrorism.  Economic asymmetrical warfare.  Self-sustaining profit networks that contribute to insecurity used in a strategic fashion.

That'd be fun.

It would, and I wish to know more! Can I encourage a thread or book recommendation?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on January 13, 2014, 07:27:29 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2014, 07:18:46 PM

That'd be fun.

It would, and I wish to know more! Can I encourage a thread or book recommendation?

John Robb's archives, 2004-6 would be a good start.

Cain

Seriously, I think I've spoken more this session than anyone, including the presenter and the professor.

Junkenstein

Appreciated, will add to the list.

ETA - Awesome. Impart wisdom to those fuckers.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 13, 2014, 03:23:06 PM
CPD: Fingers crossed.
Cain: Yay!
Nigel.  I own a few trilbys.  I may Spagbook them if I can find any pics.

Thank you. Appointment is Wednesday.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Quote from: Richter on January 13, 2014, 03:44:26 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 12, 2014, 09:09:07 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 12, 2014, 04:14:46 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 12, 2014, 04:03:38 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 12, 2014, 03:59:09 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 12, 2014, 03:36:56 AM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 12, 2014, 01:50:25 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 11, 2014, 10:31:03 PM
So I don't know if I posted about this or if I did and erased it or whatever so forgive me if this is a repeat. Or not, whatevs.

I have a lump on my chest. Directly below the point of my right collar bone. It started out as a tiny annoying bump that got written off as a clogged pore or whatever. I forget when this was. And it stayed small for a long time, and invisible to the naked eye, but recently it has started growing. Last month it was smaller than my pinky-fingertip. Yesterday it fit under my index fingertip. Today it does not.

So doctor's appointment for me. And what the hell, I may as well get a pap smear too. Damn it.

Chances are it's just a growth or fibroma of some kind. Don't worry if you don't have to.

Don't even care. It's just annoyingly itchy and starting to show under my shirts. Also, I hate doctors like the plague upon humanity that they are . . . in my paranoia-infused fantasy world.

Yeah, it's itchy and growing fast, get it removed and biopsied ASAP.

I took a nap earlier and had a dream that the doctor was trying to force me to have a whole drawn-out surgery to get it removed. $$ upon $$. I said screw that and borrowed his scalpel and removed it myself. Which is what I was tempted to do in the first place but my roommates think I'm nuts. I might possibly be but I really hate constant itching. Pain I can ignore but not itchy.

Yeah NOPE NOPE NOPE. Get it properly removed and biopsied as soon as you can. Like, tomorrow if possible. Earliest possible appointment, please.

I know. It's just . . . iiiiitchy. Will do soonest.

Youtube "Cyst removal" for why you should listen to Nigel.  The hillarity of having body-made reekcheese spew out of your flesh faded when it turns into an infected crater of pain.

Yup, I know. Grew up on the farm, was a vet tech. Cysts are all the fun, especially in odd places on animals that out weigh you liek woah. I just . . . really really hate itching. Fear not, Nigel's wisdom has been taken unto my heart and carried out.

I told my doctor it was probably filled with lymph-flavored Pepsi since I drink so much (Pepsi, not lymph). I think he was crying after that. I thought it was funny.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Suu

Odd, maybe personal question: Is it along your bra line, perhaps located under the wire?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 13, 2014, 08:56:43 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 12, 2014, 04:14:46 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 12, 2014, 03:59:09 AM
So I don't know if I posted about this or if I did and erased it or whatever so forgive me if this is a repeat. Or not, whatevs.

I have a lump on my chest. Directly below the point of my right collar bone. It started out as a tiny annoying bump that got written off as a clogged pore or whatever. I forget when this was. And it stayed small for a long time, and invisible to the naked eye, but recently it has started growing. Last month it was smaller than my pinky-fingertip. Yesterday it fit under my index fingertip. Today it does not.

So doctor's appointment for me. And what the hell, I may as well get a pap smear too. Damn it.

Chances are it's just a growth or fibroma of some kind. Don't worry if you don't have to.

Don't even care. It's just annoyingly itchy and starting to show under my shirts. Also, I hate doctors like the plague upon humanity that they are . . . in my paranoia-infused fantasy world.

I took a nap earlier and had a dream that the doctor was trying to force me to have a whole drawn-out surgery to get it removed. $$ upon $$. I said screw that and borrowed his scalpel and removed it myself. Which is what I was tempted to do in the first place but my roommates think I'm nuts. I might possibly be but I really hate constant itching. Pain I can ignore but not itchy.

Yeah NOPE NOPE NOPE. Get it properly removed and biopsied as soon as you can. Like, tomorrow if possible. Earliest possible appointment, please.

Youtube "Cyst removal" for why you should listen to Nigel.  The hillarity of having body-made reekcheese spew out of your flesh faded when it turns into an infected crater of pain.

Yup, I know. Grew up on the farm, was a vet tech. Cysts are all the fun, especially in odd places on animals that out weigh you liek woah. I just . . . really really hate itching. Fear not, Nigel's wisdom has been taken unto my heart and carried out.

I told my doctor it was probably filled with lymph-flavored Pepsi since I drink so much (Pepsi, not lymph). I think he was crying after that. I thought it was funny.

WEll done  :lulz:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Quote from: Kaousuu's Krazy Khaki Kristmas Kookies on January 14, 2014, 03:41:24 AM
Odd, maybe personal question: Is it along your bra line, perhaps located under the wire?

Nope. It's right below my collar bone on the right side. If it gets any bigger it will be ON my collar bone.

Quote from: Richter on January 14, 2014, 03:44:10 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 13, 2014, 08:56:43 PM

WEll done  :lulz:

*bows*