News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 14, 2014, 08:43:44 PM
Yeah, is it just me or are there a lot of REALLY REALLY REALLY stupid people on Facebook?

Law of large numbers.  Most of them will be stupid.

tyrannosaurus vex

I understand the woes of company budgeting myself, having just had a run-in with the Suits. Late last year I was told to FIND A SOLUTION TO PROBLEM X RIGHT NOW AND WE DON'T CARE WHAT IT COSTS. So I found the perfect solution, and it cost $107,000 up front with a recurring annual cost of $72k. This, I was assured, was Small Potatoes given the gravity of Problem X, and the budget would be rushed through immediately. Well, two months later, they FINALLY returned the budget and guess which solution had been left to fend for itself on the cutting room floor? Attached to the budged was a note that read BY THE WAY, WHY IS PROBLEM X NOT SOLVED YET?

I called the sales people and got them to drop the price from $107,000 up front to $50,000, and from $72,000 recurring annually to ZERO. I am currently awaiting round THREE of the budget negotiations, which at this company apparently are run by two Iranians, two Israelis, and the Pope, and the budget is item #2 on the list, right after World Peace.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

So, according to this study I'm looking at, in 2011, 46% percent of Americans thought Iraq gave al Qaeda substantial support (31%) or thought it was directly involved in 9/11 (15%).  And all of them post on Facebook.

LMNO

V3X, I hope you saved those emails instructing you to find a solution regardless of cost.  They'll come in very handy at your year-end evaluation.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on January 14, 2014, 08:47:57 PM
So, according to this study I'm looking at, in 2011, 46% percent of Americans thought Iraq gave al Qaeda substantial support (31%) or thought it was directly involved in 9/11 (15%).  And all of them post on Facebook.

That sounds about right.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 14, 2014, 08:43:44 PM
Yeah, is it just me or are there a lot of REALLY REALLY REALLY stupid people on Facebook?

Well, all of our old members who "don't have time to be online anymore" post about a million times a day, there.

So yes.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 14, 2014, 08:35:07 PM
Meanwhile on Facebook, my friend seems to be arguing that selective breeding is fundamentally the same as GMO. :kingmeh:

I actually loathe BOTH sides of the argument. They are all ignorant absolutists who don't know what they're talking about and should shut the fuck up.

And then this happened:

Quote from: KaiThis thread is one of the reasons that I, as a biologist, do not like to mix with non-scientist liberals. You're all as bad as the reactionaries with your bloody propaganda. Bunch of mindless sheep in thrall to hype.

Broad brush techniques are maybe a requirement in MS programs?

Or maybe Kai has just become a ridiculous elitist stuffed shirt.  Fuck him.

DOUR,
Food down my shirt, knuckles dragging.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 14, 2014, 09:29:15 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 14, 2014, 08:35:07 PM
Meanwhile on Facebook, my friend seems to be arguing that selective breeding is fundamentally the same as GMO. :kingmeh:

I actually loathe BOTH sides of the argument. They are all ignorant absolutists who don't know what they're talking about and should shut the fuck up.

And then this happened:

Quote from: KaiThis thread is one of the reasons that I, as a biologist, do not like to mix with non-scientist liberals. You're all as bad as the reactionaries with your bloody propaganda. Bunch of mindless sheep in thrall to hype.

DOUR,

He's been increasingly douchey, and decreasingly able to communicate with others without being condescending or throwing a tantrum when his sweeping statements are challenged for a while now. I've lost interest in talking to him.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 14, 2014, 10:17:58 PM

And then this happened:

DOUR,

He's been increasingly douchey, and decreasingly able to communicate with others without being condescending or throwing a tantrum when his sweeping statements are challenged for a while now. I've lost interest in talking to him.

Yeah, thing is that I keep trying to pretend he'll stop, and go back to being the guy I used to love having around.

But that isn't going to happen.   :sad:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 14, 2014, 10:19:48 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 14, 2014, 10:17:58 PM

And then this happened:

DOUR,

Yeah, thing is that I keep trying to pretend he'll stop, and go back to being the guy I used to love having around.

But that isn't going to happen.   :sad:

Yeah, I don't think so.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

I hear children screaming in the hall, and open to door to find no less than 20 children playing in the stairwell. This bothers me, because I'm seriously afraid that one of them will get hurt. And then out of nowhere, 2 of them try to come into my house. I tell them no and close the door.

Then PopeTom gives me a revelation: Eris has gifted me with droves of free child labor. I have extra machines, we can do this...
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Left

Quote from: Kaousuu's Krazy Khaki Kristmas Kookies on January 15, 2014, 12:42:40 AM
I hear children screaming in the hall, and open to door to find no less than 20 children playing in the stairwell. This bothers me, because I'm seriously afraid that one of them will get hurt. And then out of nowhere, 2 of them try to come into my house. I tell them no and close the door.

Then PopeTom gives me a revelation: Eris has gifted me with droves of free child labor. I have extra machines, we can do this...

Just think of them as Santa's misplaced elves.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Ben Shapiro

Maybe Kai's tolerance has reached a new low point.

"This thread is one of the reasons that I, as a biologist, do not like to mix with non-scientist liberals"

This pretty much pushes away everyone in America.

To all people who have higher education(s) than me here. I'm 90% complete in my A.A.S in Mechanical Engineering. Can a engineer call themselves a scientist, or is that reserved when I pick up another scientific field, or until I get a BS?

Ben Shapiro

Salty

Instead of buying a toyota previa or a chevy astro to transform into a stealth mobile home, thus rendering me and my son legally homeless, I have managed to calm my brain.

Got a god damned laser printer for propaganda.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.