News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 21, 2014, 08:21:01 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 21, 2014, 04:38:31 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 21, 2014, 04:13:30 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 21, 2014, 04:10:24 AM
She spent a lot of time complaining about how hard it is to find a guy.

I have found, in similar situations, that the problem is internal, not external.

You know how it always seems like you can't find someone, and then you do, and then people are falling all over you?  I expect that's because when you're in the mode that allows you to find someone, EVERYONE is attracted, and when you aren't, they run like hell.  Because you aren't being very attractive at that time.

Yes, exactly. And she's refusing to date guys her own age, and insisting that it's because they aren't mature enough for her. Then proceeds to date men ten years her senior she met online who are in the midst of a divorce.

And then is all upset when that doesn't work out so well.  :horrormirth:

I'm like, dude, stop sabotaging yourself.

Are you sure your friend isn't this person?

www.theverge.com/2013/4/11/4187906/ok-cupid-giving-your-love-life-to-google-glass-and-the-hive-mind

Just putting it out there as a possibility

Yes, I am sure, and the reason is that the entire article is about speculation and experimentation, but is ultimately meaningless, as far as science goes.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Livestreaming dating will be the wave of the future, trust me,

And I'll be right there, demanding "make him put his shoe on his head before you accept the second date".

In other news, University website decided to partially go down on the day I needed to upload my assignment.  Including the entire module that deals with online assignments.  It's working now...or was a moment ago anyway...but nevertheless, that gave me the adrenaline I needed to really wake up.

I may have found a decent substitite for coffee.

Left

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 21, 2014, 12:04:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xljA6zJn4I

CLICK IT.

JUST FUCKING CLICK IT.

GUHHAHAHAHA....

Roger, that was incredibly repulsive.  Yet, somehow, so right.
Get better...
Remember, pills do not make you sane, they just help you enjoy insanity a LOT better.

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 21, 2014, 04:10:24 AM
So after a day of studying chemistry, I got a call from a friend who has been on-again, off-again with a guy in the middle of a divorce, against pretty much everyone's advice. As of this afternoon, it's off again, and I am going to fucking light someone on fire if it goes back on.

She spent a lot of time complaining about how hard it is to find a guy. She's early 30's, no kids, super pretty, smart, educated, good job. Sometimes I wish people would take a minute to think about who they're complaining TO.

Sympathies.
If she does, and she probably will, are you going to light Unicycle Bagpipe Guy on fire?
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Junkenstein

A very elderly Indian shopkeeper very clearly and politely told me to "Fight the power".

Today is going to be interesting.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Junkenstein on January 21, 2014, 11:09:44 AM
A very elderly Indian shopkeeper very clearly and politely told me to "Fight the power".

That's kind of excellent.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

tyrannosaurus vex

Roger: feel better. And by 'better' I do not mean to imply 'poop more rainbows.'

Just don't take Wellbutrin. I tried that once and it made me forget how to fucking talk.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Left

Quote from: V3X on January 21, 2014, 11:45:11 AM
Roger: feel better. And by 'better' I do not mean to imply 'poop more rainbows.'

Just don't take Wellbutrin. I tried that once and it made me forget how to fucking talk.

I wonder if you had serotonin poisoning?
Long story why, but I did have a very mild case of that once...and I did have trouble talking.  Also saw lots of sparkly geometric shapes.

My best friend's on a shitton of Effexor; works for him...I tried the baby dose of that and went nuts.

It would be really nice if they had better ways of doing this than "Here, try this pill."
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Junkenstein

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 21, 2014, 11:20:47 AM
Quote from: Junkenstein on January 21, 2014, 11:09:44 AM

That's kind of excellent.

It really was. I've got a warm glow inside and for a change it isn't hate or heartburn.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on January 21, 2014, 11:57:20 AM

I wonder if you had serotonin poisoning?
Long story why, but I did have a very mild case of that once...and I did have trouble talking.  Also saw lots of sparkly geometric shapes.

My best friend's on a shitton of Effexor; works for him...I tried the baby dose of that and went nuts.

It would be really nice if they had better ways of doing this than "Here, try this pill."

Even my cousin, who is a psychologist, says that we need to focus more on psychotherapy than referrals to psychiatrists for drugs unless it's absolutely necessary.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Wellbutrin is contraindicated for use with my sleeping pills.

I am currently using the Nigelco™ "Go Outside" pill, and it seemed to work well last night.

But now I am back behind this fucking desk.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 21, 2014, 04:05:59 PM

I am currently using the Nigelco™ "Go Outside" pill, and it seemed to work well last night.

Sounds like you need Vitamin D. Maybe if you get time after work you can sit outside and read a book or something?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on January 21, 2014, 04:11:49 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 21, 2014, 04:05:59 PM

Sounds like you need Vitamin D. Maybe if you get time after work you can sit outside and read a book or something?

My vitamin D levels are fine, as of Monday.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Junkenstein

In other news, Rickets is apparently back and in fashion in the UK.

It seems Roger took ALL of the vitamin D.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on January 21, 2014, 04:32:08 PM
In other news, Rickets is apparently back and in fashion in the UK.

It seems Roger took ALL of the vitamin D.

And then went out and stared at the desert for a while, which is really good for you.

The Good Reverend Roger

I had to take 2 sleeping pills last night, so I feel okay today.  Better than okay, actually.  But still going outside every 90 minutes for a half hour staring contest with the Sonoran desert.  Yes, I know that isn't normal, but the pills tell me "there is no normal", and so I am unafraid of things that used to scare the pants off the Navajo.

"Niʼ Hodisxǫs"?  What the fuck is that?