News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 06, 2014, 07:03:23 AM
Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on January 06, 2014, 05:23:03 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 06, 2014, 03:18:02 AM
Today I went to the oversized asian mart on 82nd and got all kinds of lovely things, and now I have two quarts of pickles and two quarts of kimchi fermenting away in the cupboard.

What, no durian?

I took son's mom there when she was here a couple weeks ago. I managed not to gag, which was big time. When last I was there the lady got mad because my gagging was offensive. It was also involuntary. So while I agreed, I also *urp*. Now I just avoid the meat section.

You guys must be talking about a different place. Fubonn smells like heaven, and should be considered the only Asian supermarket worth a damn on 82nd in PDX proper.

To be fair, it had a bit of a funk today, some sort of weird fish guts/cleaning fluid combo near the south end.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And it may be the only Asian market worth a damn in PDX proper, but its Korean selection sucks. Badly.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, that's a fact. I keep telling you, you gotta come up here for a visit and a trip to H-Mart, a trip that usually guarantees that ECHGF will cook some korean spicy pork belly.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 06, 2014, 07:24:11 AM
Yeah, that's a fact. I keep telling you, you gotta come up here for a visit and a trip to H-Mart, a trip that usually guarantees that ECHGF will cook some korean spicy pork belly.

I know, that would be awesome! Maybe during Spring break.

There's also Boo Han, but I haven't been there yet.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

House is getting hammered. Tomorrow is going to be craaaaaaay-craaaaaaaaaaaaay. Georgians everywhere driving into each other and fence posts. Lining the streets with their crashed cars and spazzing out about every little snowflake.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

minuspace

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 06, 2014, 06:38:31 AM
Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on January 06, 2014, 05:23:03 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 06, 2014, 03:18:02 AM
Today I went to the oversized asian mart on 82nd and got all kinds of lovely things, and now I have two quarts of pickles and two quarts of kimchi fermenting away in the cupboard.

What, no durian?

I took son's mom there when she was here a couple weeks ago. I managed not to gag, which was big time. When last I was there the lady got mad because my gagging was offensive. It was also involuntary. So while I agreed, I also *urp*. Now I just avoid the meat section.

I got a durian once, at Food 4 Less on 82nd. I think that will hold me for a while.

I was mightily tempted to get a jackfruit, though. The only thing that deterred me was my inability to locate one less than 15 lbs.

Perhaps it's better that my response in belaboredly butchered German just got erased...  But, yea, jackfruit...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 06, 2014, 06:17:09 AM
I just saw an article on Yahoo about a 22-seat plane leaving Tucson, AZ that crashed in Aspen and almost freaked out until I realized TGRR was on a 747 and should have arrived sometime around now. Brain is slow tonight.

Actually, I left on Friday, in a puddle jumper to San Fran.

Besides, God isn't kind enough to do that for you.  No, I am to remain a hideous golem in your lives.  If the golem could talk.  Or screech.  Or rant and rave.  Prague is like Tucson, you know, only with better beer.

Rabbi Loew?

FUCK DA POLICE.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Alty on January 05, 2014, 07:55:01 PM
I find it too sweet, but man do I love a good döner. It isnt German, but they sell it on the streets.

I am home and slept. Today I am going to set up my room. Th only.piece of decor left is my rainbow puking unicorn painting.
I've read somewhere that doner in bread is a German invention.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cain

Well, Turkish-German, yes.  The "inventor" of the doner kebab died in Berlin not that long ago.

Cain

Just spent half the day grappling with the Swiss banking system's international transfer methods.

Ugh.  It's almost not worth the effort.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 06, 2014, 12:29:11 PM
Well, Turkish-German, yes.  The "inventor" of the doner kebab died in Berlin not that long ago.

Doner kebab sounds like gyros.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 03, 2014, 10:54:23 PM
Sounds like it was a wild-type, which means it didn't have all the weird inbreeding problems that often kill domesticated strains.

Indeed, a little brown field mouse.

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 03, 2014, 11:10:35 PM
I love my Fitbit. It's awesome.

Checked out the website - definitely looks awesome. I assume you have the Force? (may have missed it in an earlier post). Going to look into it more, but I'm intrigued. Trying to be more active, get into some sort of exercise routine, especially since I usually hit a slump during the winter. And it helps me a bit to have visual representations and "goals" and such to keep me motivated. Definitely interested.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on January 06, 2014, 05:00:07 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 03, 2014, 10:54:23 PM
Sounds like it was a wild-type, which means it didn't have all the weird inbreeding problems that often kill domesticated strains.

Indeed, a little brown field mouse.

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 03, 2014, 11:10:35 PM
I love my Fitbit. It's awesome.

Checked out the website - definitely looks awesome. I assume you have the Force? (may have missed it in an earlier post). Going to look into it more, but I'm intrigued. Trying to be more active, get into some sort of exercise routine, especially since I usually hit a slump during the winter. And it helps me a bit to have visual representations and "goals" and such to keep me motivated. Definitely interested.

I have the One, because I can't deal with things around my wrist. It's definitely helpful, and it greets me every morning with some kind of motivational message.

It's also a great motivator to go for a walk in the evening when I'm bored, instead of heading for a bottle of wine, and the coolest thing is that it records my sleep and the difference between sleeping after walking and sleeping after drinking wine is MASSIVE.

Sita

My son has figured out how to register for sites. This means he is no longer reliant on me for it, also means that he can sign up for stuff without me even knowing.
Especially if he uses a fake email as he's just figured out is possible. At least he's telling me when he gets an account somewhere.

I feel lost all of a sudden.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

East Coast Hustle

Pretty sure you can limit/restrict stuff like that if you choose to. You just have to set up separate user accounts on the computer(s) and install some parental restriction software on his account.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"