News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 09, 2014, 03:59:43 AM
Quote from: V3X on January 09, 2014, 03:52:55 AM
Move to Albuquerque.

Too far away. Leaving Massachusetts is a stretch. I could see myself living in Rhode Island or New Hampshire. You're probably not going to get me to live outside of New England either way. I would need one hell of an incentive to do it. And I say RI or NH because it's very easy to come into Boston from there, either by Commuter Rail (which is run by the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority, even though it services, to a limited degree, two other states) or by car (which would probably be a necessity if I lived outside of Boston anyway).

The fact that I strongly identify as Irish, and could legally live in Ireland (or the UK for that matter) with minimal paperwork (I'd have to get a tax payer number) but refuse to live there should indicate how attached I am.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Well, there's also the matter that as an American citizen the United States would still insist on me paying taxes to it even though I was ex-pat.

Nephew Twiddleton

Huh. That's weird. There is a small (very small part) of me that would be ok with living in the UK. Specifically England, but it's there.

tyrannosaurus vex

England is a horrible place. I've seen what those people are like. All chimneysweeps and chamberpots and teatime.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: V3X on January 09, 2014, 04:31:32 AM
England is a horrible place. I've seen what those people are like. All chimneysweeps and chamberpots and teatime.

Fair, but it also gave us all of the best metal this wrong side of Scandinavia. It's closer to Ireland than Boston (so I'd be trading out one side of the family for another). Irish citizens can live there no problem (as evidenced by my dad living off the Crown due to disability). And again, stabler climate, with just the right amount of atmospheric misery to satisfy me.

Ah but there's that double tax, distance from Boston, and I get sick of tea pretty quick but have blood in my coffee stream (sorry chaps, your coffee is shite).

Nephew Twiddleton

I would also, for this to be feasible, have to marry Villager, unless there's some thing between the UK and Canada that I don't fully understand (her father is from Canada, but raised in the South, which, admittedly is pretty funny since he sounds like a Southerner. Though, if I recall, her brother only is eligible for Canadian citizenship because he was born before a certain date). I intend to do so anyway, but not before it's financially feasible. And then we return to 2017.

Nephew Twiddleton

I'm overanalysing a non-issue, aren't I?

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 09, 2014, 04:45:39 AM

Fair, but it also gave us all of the best metal this wrong side of Scandinavia. It's closer to Ireland than Boston (so I'd be trading out one side of the family for another). Irish citizens can live there no problem (as evidenced by my dad living off the Crown due to disability). And again, stabler climate, with just the right amount of atmospheric misery to satisfy me.

Ah but there's that double tax, distance from Boston, and I get sick of tea pretty quick but have blood in my coffee stream (sorry chaps, your coffee is shite).

BUT THERE ARE SO MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF TEA.

HOW CAN YOU BE SICK OF TEA? Shit, son, I have at least 20 types of tea (and herbal infusions) both bagged and loose  all up in my kitchen right now and i have more in the mail coming to me.

I have a tea drawer. And a tea shelf.

I think I may need a tea intervention :s

Black tea has way more caffeine than coffee.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Pixie on January 09, 2014, 05:58:49 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 09, 2014, 04:45:39 AM

BUT THERE ARE SO MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF TEA.

HOW CAN YOU BE SICK OF TEA? Shit, son, I have at least 20 types of tea (and herbal infusions) both bagged and loose  all up in my kitchen right now and i have more in the mail coming to me.

I have a tea drawer. And a tea shelf.

I think I may need a tea intervention :s

Black tea has way more caffeine than coffee.

It does, but the delivery is weaker. And I have an American tongue. I drink disgusting amounts of coffee at work. I could not do the same with tea without suddenly jumping up and maybe shouting "I'm off to the pub for a proper drink."

Cain

I've spent a bracing morning reading about Le Veilleurs, Schwaller de Lubicz, Synarchy and interwar occult fascist movements.

It's more fun than filling in a job application form, anyway.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 09, 2014, 03:30:20 AM

And tonight, Villager told me she hates Boston,

Bring her to Tucson for 10 days.  We'll fix that shit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

tyrannosaurus vex

Speaking of tea, in the last month or so I have developed a fanatical addiction to green tea, which I had formerly decided to hate. I just can't process all this change in my life.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: V3X on January 09, 2014, 01:41:05 PM
Speaking of tea, in the last month or so I have developed a fanatical addiction to green tea, which I had formerly decided to hate. I just can't process all this change in my life.

if you brew it right, it's amazing. Brew it wrong, it's fucking disgusting.

are you using bags or loose leaf?

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Pixie on January 09, 2014, 01:45:52 PM
Quote from: V3X on January 09, 2014, 01:41:05 PM

if you brew it right, it's amazing. Brew it wrong, it's fucking disgusting.

are you using bags or loose leaf?

Both, but usually bags. Best with some white tea mixed in plus a HINT of like mango or something. Not enough to flavor it, just smooth out the natural flavor.

Cain

Quote from: Cain on January 09, 2014, 09:22:09 AM
I've spent a bracing morning reading about Le Veilleurs, Schwaller de Lubicz, Synarchy and interwar occult fascist movements.

It's more fun than filling in a job application form, anyway.

This was spurred on by reading The Stargate Conspiracy, which is despite the name actually quite interesting and fairly grounded.

Essentially, the book asks the question "what the hell is going on with this New Age Egyptology fetish all of a sudden" (this was in the late 1990s) and comes away with some pretty disturbing conclusions.

It also includes our old friends The Nine, for those who read the notes from Sinister Forces that I posted.  Essentially, the books authors trace the origins of The Nine, whatever they may be, back beyond Andrija Puharich and to Schwaller de Lubicz, an academic with a side interest in mystical fascism...and possibly Crowley (of course).

They come away with the conclusion that someone is trying to hijack New Age beliefs, mixing them with apocalyptic, fundamentalist Christianity and using these beliefs to take quite deliberate aim at Muslims and blacks.  Whether that's the intelligence community, mystical fascists or even The Nine (assuming one believes they really exist) is left up for the reader to decide.

Unfortunately, you have to go through quite a bit on the internal politics of the pyramidiots and Cydonian conspiracy types to get to the good stuff.  But it's worth it.