News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 13, 2014, 03:47:06 PM
Growing the fu manchu back in.

Also, we got another Safety Officer.  It isn't looking good so far.  He told me I had to tarp the ALL WEATHER welding machines.  I asked him if there was an easier way to gather up scorpions, snakes, and killer bees.  He then ORDERED me to do it.  I showed him the org chart and explained the chain of command to him, as well as the fact that his title is "safety technician", not "safety director", as his helmet says (he had the helmet made...and illegally modified).

He is currently whimpering to my boss.

Somehow, this all seems so terribly familiar.  ALMOST LIKE IT'S HAPPENED BEFORE.

You reached the end of the Tucson ouroboros again. Expect a threat of the end and a nightmare of teeth, before the nagging sense of repetition comes.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 13, 2014, 03:50:30 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 13, 2014, 03:47:06 PM
Growing the fu manchu back in.

Also, we got another Safety Officer.  It isn't looking good so far.  He told me I had to tarp the ALL WEATHER welding machines.  I asked him if there was an easier way to gather up scorpions, snakes, and killer bees.  He then ORDERED me to do it.  I showed him the org chart and explained the chain of command to him, as well as the fact that his title is "safety technician", not "safety director", as his helmet says (he had the helmet made...and illegally modified).

He is currently whimpering to my boss.

Somehow, this all seems so terribly familiar.  ALMOST LIKE IT'S HAPPENED BEFORE.

You reached the end of the Tucson ouroboros again. Expect a threat of the end and a nightmare of teeth, before the nagging sense of repetition comes.

Expect it?  I set my fucking watch to it.

Seriously, how fucking hard is it to find a safety technician that doesn't think he's Goddamn Lee Iacoca?  This jackass has "Capt <last name>" on his helmet, and told one of my guys to refer to him as captain (Wtf?  For real.  WTF?  CAPTAIN?).  I told my guy to refer to ME as "Emperor by Grace of God Roger I", and to refer to the safety officer as "Just another bloody peasant".  He got mad, started bitching about me "undermining his authority".  I pointed out that he hasn't got any.

The man is obviously unhinged.  Time to push things along, and cut right to the end.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Richter

This is less an issue with authority or chain of command, more an issue where this guy needs to show the rest of the area how big ze cockles are.  He is clearly stuck at pre-high school levels.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on January 13, 2014, 03:54:10 PM
This is less an issue with authority or chain of command, more an issue where this guy needs to show the rest of the area how big ze cockles are.  He is clearly stuck at pre-high school levels.

And I am jet lagged and irritable.  I needed a victim, and LO!  There he was.

THANKS, TUCSON!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 13, 2014, 03:55:14 PM
Quote from: Richter on January 13, 2014, 03:54:10 PM

And I am jet lagged and irritable.  I needed a victim, and LO!  There he was.

THANKS, TUCSON!

TUCSON PROVIDES.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

More sentences need to have the phrase, "and LO!" in them.

Eater of Clowns

THAT WE MAY BE REMINDED OF OUR MORTALITY AND INSIGNIFICANCE, A BODY BE DISPOSED IN A DUMPSTER
Tucson Provides.

THAT IT BE KNOWN WE ARE POWERLESS IN THE FACE OF BLIND LUCK, A MAN IS SHOT WHILE SHOOTING SOMEONE
Tucson Provides.

THAT A PERSON CANNOT TRULY BE GREAT, AND ABOVE, WE INHALE THE FECAL DUST OF SCAVENGERS
Tucson Provides.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

Richter

AND LO!  The ice cream man was capped in his ass, and did perish from it.  His life ran out upon the orange creamsicles, and still none would partake of them.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cain

Having to explain to my mother that Real Housewives of Orange County is scripted, when I should be reading a paper for my tutorial tonight.

Kill me now.  Please.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2014, 04:23:16 PM
Having to explain to my mother that Real Housewives of Orange County is scripted, when I should be reading a paper for my tutorial tonight.

Kill me now.  Please.

NO THOSE ARE REAL LADIES FACING REAL LIFE CHALLENGES
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

I can't tell if this is early onset dementia or I'm being trolled  :sad:

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 12, 2014, 08:52:20 PM
Quote from: Waffleman on January 12, 2014, 02:53:28 PM
This one should be an interesting read for most of you.

http://afroginthefjord.com/2014/01/05/the-joys-of-being-a-woman-in-norway/

That is so so rad! I wish the US would go in that direction. I wish the whole rest of the WORLD would go in that direction.

We still have a long way to go. At least if the comments sections of newspapers are anything to go by. But I was extremely happy to read that article. Warmed my pinko heart.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2014, 04:48:01 PM

I used to think that the show must be real, because the plots, narratives, language, and behaviors were so awful, there's no way they could be deliberate choices.

But then I remembered that the average person's intelligence drops when watching TV.

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 13, 2014, 04:52:22 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2014, 04:48:01 PM

I used to think that the show must be real, because the plots, narratives, language, and behaviors were so awful, there's no way they could be deliberate choices.

But then I remembered that the average person's intelligence drops when watching TV.

"Scripted reality"

The producers sit down, decide what conflicts they want at the start of the season, and pass on gossip/use misleading editing designed to create those conflicts.

So it's not entirely scripted, but it's definitely fake.  After all, it's too expensive to actually follow these people around with cameras for 18 hours a day, go through all that footage, edit it etc.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2014, 04:23:16 PM

Kill me now.  Please.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."