News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 21, 2014, 03:53:40 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 20, 2014, 11:56:37 PM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 20, 2014, 11:49:15 PM
Damn Vex, sorry to hear it, hope it's nothing.

Roger, hope you feel better.

I am not by nature prone to depression, which I can now see is obviously what's wrong with me.

If I don't feel better in a week, I'll be off to see the doctor.

Depression sucks horribly. I hope it lifts quickly.

Thanks.  It comes and goes.  I've been okay since I got home, but I doubt that's the end of it.

I think part of it is being chained to that fucking desk in that horrible fucking place.

6 more months.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So after a day of studying chemistry, I got a call from a friend who has been on-again, off-again with a guy in the middle of a divorce, against pretty much everyone's advice. As of this afternoon, it's off again, and I am going to fucking light someone on fire if it goes back on.

She spent a lot of time complaining about how hard it is to find a guy. She's early 30's, no kids, super pretty, smart, educated, good job. Sometimes I wish people would take a minute to think about who they're complaining TO.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 21, 2014, 04:03:44 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 21, 2014, 03:54:12 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 21, 2014, 12:04:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xljA6zJn4I

CLICK IT.

JUST FUCKING CLICK IT.

:lulz: That pretty much made my whole fucking night.

Just the first close up with his nose hair sticking out had me chortling.

My housemate kept cracking up because I was making involuntary moans of horror in between peals of laughter.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 21, 2014, 04:03:09 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 21, 2014, 03:53:40 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 20, 2014, 11:56:37 PM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 20, 2014, 11:49:15 PM
Damn Vex, sorry to hear it, hope it's nothing.

Roger, hope you feel better.

I am not by nature prone to depression, which I can now see is obviously what's wrong with me.

If I don't feel better in a week, I'll be off to see the doctor.

Depression sucks horribly. I hope it lifts quickly.

Thanks.  It comes and goes.  I've been okay since I got home, but I doubt that's the end of it.

I think part of it is being chained to that fucking desk in that horrible fucking place.

6 more months.

You can do it!

For me, getting out of the depression had everything to do with changing what I was doing with my life.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 21, 2014, 04:10:24 AM
She spent a lot of time complaining about how hard it is to find a guy.

I have found, in similar situations, that the problem is internal, not external.

You know how it always seems like you can't find someone, and then you do, and then people are falling all over you?  I expect that's because when you're in the mode that allows you to find someone, EVERYONE is attracted, and when you aren't, they run like hell.  Because you aren't being very attractive at that time.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 21, 2014, 04:13:30 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 21, 2014, 04:10:24 AM

I have found, in similar situations, that the problem is internal, not external.

You know how it always seems like you can't find someone, and then you do, and then people are falling all over you?  I expect that's because when you're in the mode that allows you to find someone, EVERYONE is attracted, and when you aren't, they run like hell.  Because you aren't being very attractive at that time.

There's a grain of truth here.

I've had crushes on people who otherwise found me physically attractive, but nothing ever came of it, because I was being a certain kind of Twid at the time.

ETA: I've found these things out through mutual friends well after the crush died out.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 21, 2014, 04:03:44 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 21, 2014, 03:54:12 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 21, 2014, 12:04:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xljA6zJn4I

CLICK IT.

JUST FUCKING CLICK IT.

:lulz: That pretty much made my whole fucking night.

Just the first close up with his nose hair sticking out had me chortling.

This is the most beautiful thing I have seen all day.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yes, exactly. And she's refusing to date guys her own age, and insisting that it's because they aren't mature enough for her. Then proceeds to date men ten years her senior she met online who are in the midst of a divorce.

And then is all upset when that doesn't work out so well.  :horrormirth:

I'm like, dude, stop sabotaging yourself.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 21, 2014, 04:38:31 AM

Yes, exactly. And she's refusing to date guys her own age, and insisting that it's because they aren't mature enough for her. Then proceeds to date men ten years her senior she met online who are in the midst of a divorce.

Why?

I want to add more to that question, but I think why applies to every relevant bit of that.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 21, 2014, 04:41:42 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 21, 2014, 04:38:31 AM

Why?

I want to add more to that question, but I think why applies to every relevant bit of that.

Lady got baggage, yo.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Your input is not relevant to the why.

All of her thing is relevant to the why.

It's kinda like the opposite. People go out with 10 or more years their junior and can't figure out why they're constantly unhappy in their relationships. You get a little bit of wiggle room, but don't push it into really questionable numbers and pass it off like the younger person is more mature than they actually are and need to find their maturity match in someone who is just as incapable of figuring out where they are in the space-time continuum but who's physically way closer to the grave and with way more baggage.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 21, 2014, 04:45:01 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 21, 2014, 04:41:42 AM

Why?

Lady got baggage, yo.

I guess that's fair too.

I dunno. Pete used to date girls who were getting progressively way too young for him. Because he was getting older and his new girlfriends were staying the same age.

He's currently in the most stable relationship that I've ever seen him in. And he wants to stay in it, where as before he couldn't have cared less if the relationship failed. Pete's 32. His current girlfriend is 34. They're both really happy together. There's something to be said about getting romantically involved with people who are approximately the same age as you.

Cain

Are you sure your friend isn't this person?

www.theverge.com/2013/4/11/4187906/ok-cupid-giving-your-love-life-to-google-glass-and-the-hive-mind

Just putting it out there as a possibility

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Why?

She doesn't know why, and I could only speculate as to why, given what I know about her after the last six years.