News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Nigel lives in some weird time warp where it's always midterm time.  Always.  Then one day it's finals.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 27, 2014, 02:47:18 AM
Nigel lives in some weird time warp where it's always midterm time.  Always.  Then one day it's finals.

This is pretty much literally true. Because we're on the quarter system, and that means that (assuming a full load) there are nine to twelve exams in a twelve-week period. And if you're taking "heavy" classes, they stagger them rather than stack them, so that essentially you get two weeks of breathing room at the beginning of the term, and then after that YOU ARE ALWAYS IN MIDTERMS ALL THE TIME. UNTIL YOU GET TO FINALS.

I almost prefer stacked midterms. Almost.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

StandBackJack

Where do you order the drinks?

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 26, 2014, 06:33:22 AM
Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 25, 2014, 09:48:43 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention...I haven't had a real cigarette in almost a month. Just the e-cig and while I know that's still not exactly good for me, I can already feel a difference in my lungs. Plus I am saving SO much money.

It's not bad for you either, in any measurable way.  I haven't had actual tobacco since September, and I don't miss it even a tiny bit.

I'm not convinced of that. AFAIK, the nicotine is suspended in propylene glycol. So there's still the nicotine itself, which is bad for you, plus I'm not sure what the long term effects of exposing your lungs to propylene glycol is.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 27, 2014, 05:06:29 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention...I haven't had a real cigarette in almost a month. Just the e-cig and while I know that's still not exactly good for me, I can already feel a difference in my lungs. Plus I am saving SO much money.

It's not bad for you either, in any measurable way.  I haven't had actual tobacco since September, and I don't miss it even a tiny bit.

I'm not convinced of that. AFAIK, the nicotine is suspended in propylene glycol. So there's still the nicotine itself, which is bad for you, plus I'm not sure what the long term effects of exposing your lungs to propylene glycol is.

Nicotine is bad for you, just not in nearly the huge degree that inhaling the combustion byproducts is. Propylene glycol is known to have some detrimental effects in high inhalation doses, primarily related to mucosal dehydration, but also appears to have a negative effect on body weight.

Salty

Dear sweet FUCK do I feel weird.

Like all of my vitality has been drained out of me for longer than I can remember.

It is coming back, bit by bit. And it feels good.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

RE Nicotine:

Wikipedia
QuoteHistorically, nicotine has not been regarded as a carcinogen and the IARC has not evaluated nicotine in its standalone form or assigned it to an official carcinogen group. While no epidemiological evidence supports that nicotine alone acts as a carcinogen in the formation of human cancer, research over the last decade has identified nicotine's carcinogenic potential in animal models and cell culture.[64][65] Nicotine has been noted to directly cause cancer through a number of different mechanisms such as the activation of MAP Kinases.[66] Indirectly, nicotine increases cholinergic signalling (and adrenergic signalling in the case of colon cancer[67]), thereby impeding apoptosis (programmed cell death), promoting tumor growth, and activating growth factors and cellular mitogenic factors such as 5-LOX, and EGF. Nicotine also promotes cancer growth by stimulating angiogenesis and neovascularization.[68][69] In one study, nicotine administered to mice with tumors caused increases in tumor size (twofold increase), metastasis (nine-fold increase), and tumor recurrence (threefold increase).[70] N-Nitrosonornicotine (NNN), classified by the IARC as a Group 1 carcinogen, is produced endogenously from nitrite in saliva and nicotine.

So, it is likely that it makes existing cancer worse, and may create an environment that is cancer friendly.

I read somewhere that it may intensify the carcinogenic properties of tar, etc

Also, it is not very friendly to your heart,

That said, I picked an ecig up because I can't afford teh weed. Gonna get a medical card amd grow myself, which has been legal here since the 70s. Until then...   So far, I do not wamt to kill everyone despite being so THC deficient, and I am thinking awfully clear. Which is nice.

Also, nicotine helps me deal with stress better than weed, Weed makes me feel everything deeeper, yet it prevente my head from seeing things as they are with clarity.

ALSO, oral fixation. I have tried many methods of getting weed in my system and tinctures are the best. Deep, long lasting. Plus, when THC goes through your liver it changes. I find the change perferrable. Yet, I have a hard time giving up smoking. Very hard. So far, this V2 ecig fills that need.

If I really wanted I could go with 0% nicotine and get my oral fixation fix.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cain

Quote from: Cain on January 26, 2014, 08:29:28 PM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on January 25, 2014, 03:16:59 AM
Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2014, 01:33:48 PM
Thanks.

I'm also considering a possible Dishonoured playthrough.  Tests seem promising, though I have yet to test high impact combat on recording quality.  I mean, I could do the "moral" option of a stealth playthrough for Youtube, but that's a bit, well, boring.  And the subtitle is "Revenge Solves Everything".

Oooh yes plz. I thoroughly enjoyed that game, but I only completed one playthrough (high on the stealth, low on the murder). The biggest complaint people seemed to have was the blatantly obvious "twist" in the last part, but it didn't bother me at all. I think it must have been so obvious, my brain subconsciously accepted it as part of the natural progress of the story and I didn't think twice about it.

I don't know much about recording gameplay for YouTube, but I would agree that going for a more aggressive playstyle would help. I found myself constantly reloading when I screwed up the stealth too badly, whouch would probably make for a lot of editing.

Part one uploaded.  Sadly did not Ghost Coldridge Prison, due to confusing the gun and the blade buttons (I have to swap those settings), but it was pretty easy. 

Also, for those who did not check out the DAO thread, please do so  :)

Part 2 is now up also.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 27, 2014, 05:06:29 AM

The glycol is the particular one used in emergency inhalers since the year dot.

Nicotine, on its own and in the concentrations used in e-cigs, is about as bad as a cup of coffee.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Fuck it.

I suppose I should just back to inhaling CO, cyanide, various tars, and all that other good shit.

My cardiologist and my physician have both stated that there are no known ill effects from the e-cig mix, but what the fuck do they know?

The Good Reverend Roger

I think I'm done with TDS2014.  I'm not going to throw poop all over the walls, but I am not going to accept being slapped down for taking part in a conversation, either.

Cain

To be honest, the problem with throwing poop all over the walls with TDS2014 is how would you tell the difference?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 27, 2014, 05:16:26 PM
To be honest, the problem with throwing poop all over the walls with TDS2014 is how would you tell the difference?

The difference is, I didn't expect it from Cram.

Cain

Ah, I didn't realise.  Sorry.