News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Jumping the line is right up there with axe murder, in my book.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Alty on January 27, 2014, 08:19:59 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 27, 2014, 08:16:23 PM
Life is awesome and amazing.

It can be.

Alty,
A wee bit salty today.

What makes you say that? Tell me of this awesomness.

Sorry. I feel asleep. I was talking out my ass. Also, PD is eating my posts. Life probably is awesome and amazing but I feel like a Mack truck has been parked on my carcass for a week and just peeled rubber when leaving.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Suu

So today I found out that the new apartment is within walking distance to Smuttynose Brewery. Yesterday we fell on top of Red Hook and had to stop in for a brew. Come to find out, Shipyard is within spitting distance across the river I cannot pronounce. Holy balls, I'm about to be surrounded by beer.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 27, 2014, 10:42:24 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 27, 2014, 10:40:17 PM
They just called the guy who was behind me in line.

Raise all manner of hell.

It turns out that not only am I graduating this term, but I'm accidentally graduating with two degrees.  :lol:

That 1 credit yoga class that my friend Miz B talked me into at the last possible minute? Well, it turns out that all these random classes that I took while I was flailing around, before I decided I need to major in biology, when you combine them with the classes I'm taking for my AA Oregon transfer degree, they added up to be 1 credit shy of an AS. 1... PE credit.

So I am graduating with an AA and an AS in March.

I'm starting to be kind of superstitious about Miz B. I don't know if you recall, but she was my assistant and right-hand woman during my most profitable years of beadmaking. Everything I do that she's involved in turns out MUCH better than anticipated.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 03:23:26 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 27, 2014, 10:40:17 PM

It turns out that not only am I graduating this term, but I'm accidentally graduating with two degrees.  :lol:

That 1 credit yoga class that my friend Miz B talked me into at the last possible minute? Well, it turns out that all these random classes that I took while I was flailing around, before I decided I need to major in biology, when you combine them with the classes I'm taking for my AA Oregon transfer degree, they added up to be 1 credit shy of an AS. 1... PE credit.

I'm starting to be kind of superstitious about Miz B. I don't know if you recall, but she was my assistant and right-hand woman during my most profitable years of beadmaking. Everything I do that she's involved in turns out MUCH better than anticipated.

Congratulations.  And I do believe I remember her.

So, what plans for a BS?  Don't stop now, Lady.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 28, 2014, 03:25:11 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 03:23:26 AM

Oh yeah, I'm already admitted to PSU as an Organismal Biology BS/Psychology BS double major. :) Half my credits this term apply toward my BS, and next term all of them will.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 03:32:20 AM

Oh yeah, I'm already admitted to PSU as am Organismal Biology BS/Psychology BS double major. :) Half my credits this term apply toward my BS, and next term all of them will.

I'm so proud of my Skinsaw Queen.   :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 28, 2014, 03:33:13 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 03:32:20 AM

Oh yeah, I'm already admitted to PSU as am Organismal Biology BS/Psychology BS double major. :) Half my credits this term apply toward my BS, and next term all of them will.

I'm so proud of my Skinsaw Queen.   :)

D'awww  :oops:

The Good Reverend Roger

I never finished my degree.  By now, I'd have to start all over again, and I simply lack the drive.  But I'm glad to see you doing so well, especially after how bad things seemed to be a few years back.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 28, 2014, 03:34:36 AM
I never finished my degree.  By now, I'd have to start all over again, and I simply lack the drive.  But I'm glad to see you doing so well, especially after how bad things seemed to be a few years back.

YOU KNOW

Um, I thought I would have to start from scratch, but for some reason they helpfully included those 16 credits from 20 years ago.  :lol:

You actually might be surprised at what they won't make you re-take.

Worth a mention, since you will soon find yourself not supporting a kid.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

In particular, math and history never really change, for the most part. They even let me keep my Computer Information Systems credits... those are total history, now!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 03:37:25 AM

YOU KNOW

Um, I thought I would have to start from scratch, but for some reason they helpfully included those 16 credits from 20 years ago.  :lol:

Yeah, but what I remember of math wouldn't get me through one semester.  I'd have to retake it because I don't remember it.  Trig, yes.  Some algebra, yes.  The chain rule.  That's it.

Also, I was talking with some Canucks back in the Old Country, and one of them wrote this (spelling unchanged):

QuoteIf this government wants to get rid of something get rid of them blood suckers in the senet. Make them members live on there wadges ,take there perks and boneses away.

WTF, CANADA?  WTF? 

The world is ending.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 28, 2014, 03:42:15 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 03:37:25 AM

YOU KNOW

Yeah, but what I remember of math wouldn't get me through one semester.  I'd have to retake it because I don't remember it.  Trig, yes.  Some algebra, yes.  The chain rule.  That's it.

Bah, if you have trig you would only need to re-take Calc, and that's nothing. But I admit that my main motivation in imagining you back in school is the degree of havoc you could wreak on your young fellow students' heads. :lol: If you don't really want to, that's one thing. But if the idea of how much you would have to re-take is holding you back, my advice is FUCK IT, DO WHAT YOU WANT. Because you're gonna be another couple years older no matter what. Fuck, major in philosophy and commence publishing papers that blow everyone's brains to The Wall. I'm in school with a fuckton of other elderlies, and it's fucking rad. Including some K-rad motherfucker who ran up to me and kissed me on the cheek today. I love these homies.

Also, I was talking with some Canucks back in the Old Country, and one of them wrote this (spelling unchanged):

QuoteIf this government wants to get rid of something get rid of them blood suckers in the senet. Make them members live on there wadges ,take there perks and boneses away.

WTF, CANADA?  WTF? 

The world is ending.

:eek: I thought Canada had funding for education??? WTF??????