News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 30, 2014, 07:20:17 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 05:47:52 PM
STAY CLASSY, UTAH!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/30/utah-kids-in-tears-after-school-seizes-and-tosses-out-40-lunches-over-debt/

QuoteAccording to The Salt Lake Tribune, the children had already received their lunches at Uintah Elementary in Salt Lake City when the child-nutrition manager ordered cafeteria workers to take the meals away.

"So she took my lunch away and said, 'Go get a milk,'" fifth grader Sophia Isom told KSL. "I came back and asked, 'What's going on?' Then she handed me an orange. She said, 'You don't have any money in your account so you can't get lunch.'"

Then people ask me, they ask "Roger, why are you a discordian?  Why do you want everything to fall over and burn?"

Oh GOD This is SO Boring. Please Kill Me, that "nutrition manager" should be fired. This is especially shocking in a state which has recently decided to solve it's homeless problem by giving homeless people free apartments, food, and a social worker.

Ok, I freely admit that this reply is confusing the hell out of me.

Sita

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 05:16:29 PM
Courtesy of Suu, the best PSA ever made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STHpMUYeznQ

Wait for the payoff, it's worth it.

Australians are stark raving mad.
The message at the end was not the one I was expecting, even remotely.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Sita

STAY CLASSY, UTAH!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/30/utah-kids-in-tears-after-school-seizes-and-tosses-out-40-lunches-over-debt/

QuoteAccording to The Salt Lake Tribune, the children had already received their lunches at Uintah Elementary in Salt Lake City when the child-nutrition manager ordered cafeteria workers to take the meals away.

"So she took my lunch away and said, 'Go get a milk,'" fifth grader Sophia Isom told KSL. "I came back and asked, 'What's going on?' Then she handed me an orange. She said, 'You don't have any money in your account so you can't get lunch.'"

Then people ask me, they ask "Roger, why are you a discordian?  Why do you want everything to fall over and burn?"
What gets me is that they just threw away the food after taking it from the kids. So the school was out of those lunches anyway. They could've at least let the kids have lunch that day and send them home with a paper for their parents explaining that they wouldn't be getting further lunches until the account was sorted out.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 30, 2014, 07:28:02 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 30, 2014, 07:20:17 PM
STAY CLASSY, UTAH!

Oh GOD This is SO Boring. Please Kill Me, that "nutrition manager" should be fired. This is especially shocking in a state which has recently decided to solve it's homeless problem by giving homeless people free apartments, food, and a social worker.

Ok, I freely admit that this reply is confusing the hell out of me.

Um

I have a filter that changes certain words, and somehow it seems to have applied itself to my post. "Oh GOD This is SO Boring. Please Kill Me" should say "WOW". Oops  :lol:. Also, disregard the inappropriate apostrophe in "its".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The filter is only supposed to affect what I READ, not what I WRITE. Hmmmmm
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have to confess, I am laughing hysterically right now.

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LMNO

Does your filter cycle through several different ones?

WOW

WOW

Such WOW

The Good Reverend Roger

Filter test:

gametes hot shit step into my love machine
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

In a way, it IS boring. People doing shit like yanking food away from little kids and throwing it in the trash is STANDARD now. It's TEDIOUS.

"Oboy, the sun is up. More horror. Wahoo."
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

What I find funny is that even liberals feel they have to justify doing something that's right.

Example:  Utah giving homeless people a place to live.  People go on and on about the various benefits of doing so, and never even bother to mention that it's worth doing because it's THE RIGHT THING TO DO and DOESN'T NEED EXCUSES.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 30, 2014, 07:54:59 PM
Does your filter cycle through several different ones?

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Such Zzzzzzzzzzz

Yes. But not always, I think?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 09:10:31 PM
What I find funny is that even liberals feel they have to justify doing something that's right.

Example:  Utah giving homeless people a place to live.  People go on and on about the various benefits of doing so, and never even bother to mention that it's worth doing because it's THE RIGHT THING TO DO and DOESN'T NEED EXCUSES.

OH I KNOW, RIGHT??? That's actually one of the most horrifying things about our society... that the state has to "justify" doing this by saying "Well, it will COST LESS MONEY than letting HUMAN BEINGS GO HOMELESS AND DIE ON THE STREETS FROM EXPOSURE. Since it saves money, that's OK right?"