News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Shapiro

Went to sleep at 11 am. Finally woke up. Feels good man!

Left

Quote from: /b/earman on January 31, 2014, 11:21:02 PM
Went to sleep at 11 am. Finally woke up. Feels good man!

:(  You didn't get your 8 hours.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Salty

I feel like a rat that has suddenly noticed its no longer in a tiny cage. I need no "medicine" to shake away the walls. This is new and different.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Alty on February 01, 2014, 02:31:30 AM
I feel like a rat that has suddenly noticed its no longer in a tiny cage. I need no "medicine" to shake away the walls. This is new and different.

EXPLORE THE NEWLY OPENED WORLD

BEWARE THE CRUEL CHILD WITH HIS BB GUN
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 31, 2014, 11:15:53 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 31, 2014, 10:30:42 PM
I won the lab quiz.

I also won the fast plants worksheet.

I hope I won the midterm, too.

There was never really any doubt.

I ALWAYS have doubt.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on February 01, 2014, 02:45:43 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 31, 2014, 10:30:42 PM
I won the lab quiz.

I ALWAYS have doubt.

Well, that's because it's you looking at you doing it.

The rest of us already knew you'd kick all manner of ass.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Had a discussion today that forced me to pick at the nagging idea that I have no idea what I want to do with this Psych BA, besides not be in school for the forseeable future
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 01, 2014, 05:12:45 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on February 01, 2014, 02:45:43 AM
I won the lab quiz.

I ALWAYS have doubt.

Well, that's because it's you looking at you doing it.

The rest of us already knew you'd kick all manner of ass.

Ahhh but that is craziness. C'mon!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on February 01, 2014, 08:13:08 AM
Had a discussion today that forced me to pick at the nagging idea that I have no idea what I want to do with this Psych BA, besides not be in school for the forseeable future

What do you want to do with a psych BA?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What would anyone want to do with a psych BA?

Left

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on February 01, 2014, 08:15:46 AM
What would anyone want to do with a psych BA?
I don't know that *want* is an operative word, but work in human resources seems a likely fate.

Chelagoras The Boulder

in a broad sense, i just wanna help people be happier (at least that was the goal at the start) so at first i thought i'd be a counselor or therapist. That takes a masters and i'd probably end up fixing the same people with the same problems over and over again. So then, i thought, i'll be a teacher, that's less schooling, i just need a certificate and i can hopefully guide entire roomfuls of kids at once to make something of themselves. I didn't get into my teaching cert program, and part of that was the realization that becoming a teacher is such a bureaucratic mess of frustration that i didn't think i could hack it. So now i've graduated, i've passed my CBEST, so beyond substituting i'm not sure where i'm going with all this. Hell, to be honest, the most appealing course to me seems to be writing dick jokes for the internet, which makes me question why the fuck i spent all these years and took on student loans
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Left

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on February 01, 2014, 08:40:38 AM
in a broad sense, i just wanna help people be happier (at least that was the goal at the start) so at first i thought i'd be a counselor or therapist. That takes a masters and i'd probably end up fixing the same people with the same problems over and over again.
We crazy peeps are all unique little crazy snowflakes, methinks... :p 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

in a broad sense, i just wanna help people be happier (at least that was the goal at the start) so at first i thought i'd be a counselor or therapist. That takes a masters and i'd probably end up fixing the same people with the same problems over and over again. So then, i thought, i'll be a teacher, that's less schooling, i just need a certificate and i can hopefully guide entire roomfuls of kids at once to make something of themselves. I didn't get into my teaching cert program, and part of that was the realization that becoming a teacher is such a bureaucratic mess of frustration that i didn't think i could hack it. So now i've graduated, i've passed my CBEST, so beyond substituting i'm not sure where i'm going with all this. Hell, to be honest, the most appealing course to me seems to be writing dick jokes for the internet, which makes me question why the fuck i spent all these years and took on student loans

Where do you live where you don't have to have a masters to teach? In Oregon and Washington you have to have a masters and annual continuing education to get re-certified every year. The irony, of course, is that with all that education, the administration and standardized testing strips them of almost all autonomy when it comes to actual teaching.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Random anger problem on February 01, 2014, 09:02:39 AM
in a broad sense, i just wanna help people be happier (at least that was the goal at the start) so at first i thought i'd be a counselor or therapist. That takes a masters and i'd probably end up fixing the same people with the same problems over and over again.
We crazy peeps are all unique little crazy snowflakes, methinks... :p

Crazy people do tend to think that, IME.