News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

'kay, so, this singularity thing...

Started by P3nT4gR4m, January 07, 2014, 09:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

There's a pretty good mall in Cambridge. While I was in Boston still, I went there every so often. No empty spaces except where they were (very stupidly) adding office space. And they had the best little restaurant, World of Beer. If you're in the area, I recommend it.

But that's the only mall I've ever been in that wasn't an utter disaster.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on February 03, 2020, 04:47:03 PM
There's a pretty good mall in Cambridge. While I was in Boston still, I went there every so often. No empty spaces except where they were (very stupidly) adding office space. And they had the best little restaurant, World of Beer. If you're in the area, I recommend it.

But that's the only mall I've ever been in that wasn't an utter disaster.

Yes, but if you want to see the future, go to a Ross in an otherwise dead mall.
Molon Lube

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on February 01, 2020, 05:03:35 AMAlso, "Tech Horizon" sounds like the name of a shitty electronics kiosk in a run down shopping mall in the suburbs of Topeka, Kansas.

That's a fair point
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 03, 2020, 02:20:24 PM
Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on February 01, 2020, 04:38:06 AM

Well then it is like Jesus (or buddha or king arthur or pirates or ninjas) - Its real but none of the things people believe about it are true.

I don't even know what you're trying to say, there.  "Here are a list of things which may or may not be real.  Which means they're real, only people believe wrong things about them"?

Pirates and ninjas and prince gautama definitely existed historically (and the other two probably did). Their depiction in the media and the popular imagination however is far from what is accurate or even plausible
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on February 03, 2020, 06:02:34 PM

Well then it is like Jesus (or buddha or king arthur or pirates or ninjas) - Its real but none of the things people believe about it are true.

I don't even know what you're trying to say, there.  "Here are a list of things which may or may not be real.  Which means they're real, only people believe wrong things about them"?

Pirates and ninjas and prince gautama definitely existed historically (and the other two probably did). Their depiction in the media and the popular imagination however is far from what is accurate or even plausible

Are you saying ninja lore is not accurate?

It sounds like you're questioning the system.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 03, 2020, 06:32:56 PM

For real. I have a close personal friend who is in fact a ninja of one of the few publicly known clans known as the Bujinkan. Japanese ninja lore is QUITE accurate and I'm pretty sure they are in fact running things globally by fear of death from the shadows.

It's just how shit works.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 03, 2020, 11:43:34 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 03, 2020, 06:32:56 PM

For real. I have a close personal friend who is in fact a ninja of one of the few publicly known clans known as the Bujinkan. Japanese ninja lore is QUITE accurate and I'm pretty sure they are in fact running things globally by fear of death from the shadows.

It's just how shit works.

Conservation of Ninjitsu is a well-documented phenomenon, for just one example.
Molon Lube