News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

ECH, ROGER, HOW SAD IS THAT?

Started by Salty, January 08, 2014, 07:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on January 10, 2014, 10:43:42 PM
Yeah. I am reasonably certain that when school money comes in I am buying amd RV and spending March to Sep being outside wih the boy more often than not. Save up money, maybe buy a trailer or a condo or a small chunk of land.

It definitely would have happened sooner or later.

I was acually planning on having a sit down with her to make sure there wasnt any badness between us.

Turns out I am a god damned monster who attacks her cherished friends.

That is cool and all, but I was being super nice. Thats done.

She's a fucking nutjob. You posted on YOUR OWN WALL. And it wasn't an attack.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

It seems she has been holding a grudge against since June or so.

I had just dug a fire pit in the backyard and was happily getting drunk in the sun. I told this ladys husband, "Man we should have a rule right away that forbids talk of religion or politics at The Pit." He laughed and agreed.

Then Alcoholic, Wife Oggling, Retired Car Salesman Neighbor Who Voted for Sarah Palin comes over and proceed to do what? Takk about religion and politics.

At one point I say pretty loud, ALL RIGHT, I AM GOING TO HANG A CHAIN ON THE WALL HERE, AND IF ANYONE TALKS POLITICS HERE THEY GET THE CHAIN.

Which, apparently, was taken at its full, literal, and SRS value. That was me attacking her cherished friend. She can keep him.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

All that justifies thinking of me as a vicious attack dog wihout feelings, I guess.

I guess I know how some Super Mean Discordians feel.

I should be angry, but I am more bummed than anything.

Why do monkeys?

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on January 11, 2014, 12:02:02 AM
It seems she has been holding a grudge against since June or so.

I had just dug a fire pit in the backyard and was happily getting drunk in the sun. I told this ladys husband, "Man we should have a rule right away that forbids talk of religion or politics at The Pit." He laughed and agreed.

Then Alcoholic, Wife Oggling, Retired Car Salesman Neighbor Who Voted for Sarah Palin comes over and proceed to do what? Takk about religion and politics.

At one point I say pretty loud, ALL RIGHT, I AM GOING TO HANG A CHAIN ON THE WALL HERE, AND IF ANYONE TALKS POLITICS HERE THEY GET THE CHAIN.

Which, apparently, was taken at its full, literal, and SRS value. That was me attacking her cherished friend. She can keep him.

She's a nutjob.

Don't get too emotional about the crazy, because it's crazy. Walk away, and good riddance.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Thing is, you guys obviously had drastically different viewpoints before and you didn't realize. There was never a point when you would have got along. People from different life views literally talk about the world in different ways.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Salty

You are correct, sir.

Part of the problem lies in the fact that I am a very, very different person than I used to be, and she is one of the last people from that life. When I used to be afraid of everything and everyone, when I used to shake like a chihuahua when too many people were around me.

She does not know, and seems to dislike, New and Improved Alty.

Salty

AND,

a few years back I was staying at this same house after my kids mom and I split.

One night I came home with a rebound date thingy. The nutjob in question and her husband were hanging out, watching a movie.

I introduced them to my date, I said, "This is Billy and Cathy, they are...my landlords."

Which pissed them off. They were appalled I did not introduce them as friends. They give me shit for it all the tim. So, I think, shit, few people acually want to be friends with me. Make the most of that shit.

And here we are.

LMNO

I like the new Alty.

I am incredibly sorry she could not realize how much more awesome you could be.

This is not unfamiliar, but it wasn't me.  Was my brother.  will not derail unless asked.

Anyway, if this is the correct analysis, I think you did the best thing, Alty.

Salty

Thank you for saying so.

Feel free to talk about your bro, I am interested.

LMNO

My bro's been in a bad state, most of his life.

A great guy, but the world and him has never been the best of friends.

I often feel that he got all of what made dad as single-mindedly obsessive as he was, but without anything tempering that against the real world.

Eventually, he was diagnosed with being bipolar.  Got PILLZ HERE.  Hated them.

Met a woman, fell in love, married her.  He was a mess, she was an artist, she was a HEALING MOTHER.

He got weird, he had a break, he got his shit together. That's when this story intersects your own.

He REALLY got his shit together.  So much, his wife didn't know what her role was, anymore.  It used to be to take care of him, but once that wasn't needed, she had no role. So SHE started getting weird.  Her old bad habits took hold, and she fel back into her bad pills habits, but all the while blamed him.

She couldn't follow him in his improvements, and actively worked to hinder them, because she couldn't deal with her own problems.

They divorced.

Ben Shapiro

Left

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy