News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

Indoctrination of the young

Started by I_Kicked_Kennedy, January 12, 2014, 04:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: I_Kicked_Kennedy on January 13, 2014, 07:57:21 PM
Remember, "Even the sacred barley drink disintegrates if not stirred."

wat
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 13, 2014, 07:59:08 PM

wat

Heraclitus, one of his fragments of writings that were recovered.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2014, 08:01:25 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 13, 2014, 07:59:08 PM

wat

Heraclitus, one of his fragments of writings that were recovered.

How can I "remember" it, if I never fucking heard it in the first place?

This is the problem with quoting obscure sources; not only does it mean you wear Buddy Holly glasses and a tribly, it means the conversation goes all fucking pear-shaped when people don't know what the fuck you're on about.  Self-derail, just add pretention.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

I had to look it up myself.  And I've read a fair bit of Heraclitus (admittedly, a few years ago now).  It was not the best chosen quote, I agree.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2014, 08:08:27 PM
I had to look it up myself.  And I've read a fair bit of Heraclitus (admittedly, a few years ago now).  It was not the best chosen quote, I agree.

I can think of about 30 more relevant ways of saying the same thing.

But then I couldn't say I quoted some old Greek bastard whose drivel nobody bothered to write down.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 13, 2014, 08:12:28 PM

But then I couldn't say I quoted some old Greek bastard whose drivel nobody bothered to write down.

Oh dear, get the pills. He's being all direct again.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on January 13, 2014, 08:22:55 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 13, 2014, 08:12:28 PM

Oh dear, get the pills. He's being all direct again.

LOOK!  THEY'RE ALL WEARING TRILBYS!  CAN'T YOU SEE IT?

Junkenstein

And now he's started calling things by their actual names.

Run you fuckers, RUN.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

I_Kicked_Kennedy

Fine, you crank:

"Italian dressing sucks unless you shake it."

But then again, I think anyone who read the rest of my comment could have inferred the meaning based on the words that preceded and followed (what us Buddy Holly types call "context") and it would've been a missing tie rather than a full derail. Plus, you could do 2 minutes of reading and learn Heraclitus' small body of recovered work is quite aligned with some of the philosophies of Discordianism, directly referenced by RAW on one occasion, and enrich yourself a touch.

That is, if you can find time around your busy schedule of yelling at clouds and freebasing Mylanta.
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

LMNO

6/10, if only for my new favorite phrase, "freebasing Mylanta".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: I_Kicked_Kennedy on January 14, 2014, 04:24:25 AM
Fine, you crank:

But then again, I think anyone who read the rest of my comment could have inferred the meaning based on the words that preceded and followed (what us Buddy Holly types call "context") and it would've been a missing tie rather than a full derail. Plus, you could do 2 minutes of reading and learn Heraclitus' small body of recovered work is quite aligned with some of the philosophies of Discordianism, directly referenced by RAW on one occasion, and enrich yourself a touch.

That is, if you can find time around your busy schedule of yelling at clouds and freebasing Mylanta.

I approve of this moment of rage.

However, your mileage may vary when it comes to "the philosophies of Discordianism", which to me sounds like "the underlying motives of a bad train wreck" or "the philosophical beliefs of a planet-killing asteroid".

I am not required to look up Heraclitus.  The Greeks were all hairy barbarians and dumbfucks anyway, and I can prove it.  I am not required to admit that RAW has any bearing on my Discordia.  He was basically just a mouthpiece for Tim Leary, anyway.  And his novels sucked.

And since when has yelling at clouds been a bad thing?  They're too fucking slow.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 14, 2014, 01:39:13 PM
Fine, you crank:

However, your mileage may vary when it comes to "the philosophies of Discordianism", which to me sounds like "the underlying motives of a bad train wreck" or "the philosophical beliefs of a planet-killing asteroid".

I am not required to look up Heraclitus.  The Greeks were all hairy barbarians and dumbfucks anyway, and I can prove it.  I am not required to admit that RAW has any bearing on my Discordia.  He was basically just a mouthpiece for Tim Leary, anyway.  And his novels sucked.

And since when has yelling at clouds been a bad thing?  They're too fucking slow.

THEY DON'T EVEN TASTE LIKE CANDY!

I_Kicked_Kennedy

Clouds are more fragile than other meteorological objects,  because they were born that way. Have a little compassion.
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

Left

Apparently, I_K_K has a problem with those of us who freebase mylanta.
:argh!:
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 14, 2014, 01:39:13 PM
Fine, you crank:

:lol: This is the kind of conversational exchange that keeps me coming back here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."