News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Brain Club

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, January 13, 2014, 04:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I went to the first monthly mutiny meeting of Brain Club tonight. It was pretty much excellent, and we are making plans to reclaim original Brain Club from the fucktards that took it over this last Fall when the founder went on to OHSU, and restore the original charter.

This is the new neuroscience, bitches, and this shit is COLLABORATIVE and INCLUSIVE. Get used to it.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Pergamos

What is the brain club?  And why does it need a mutiny?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on January 28, 2014, 04:07:37 AM
What is the brain club?  And why does it need a mutiny?

Everything needs a mutiny.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The mutiny is ongoing. I have back-shelved it, for now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

You mentioned me opening a chapter at my Bunker Hill. That sounds actually pretty interesting, but it would have to probably wait til summer or fall. I'll have to look into what opening up a chapter entails during this semester.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 28, 2014, 04:24:50 AM
You mentioned me opening a chapter at my Bunker Hill. That sounds actually pretty interesting, but it would have to probably wait til summer or fall. I'll have to look into what opening up a chapter entails during this semester.

Totally... if you decide you're interested and have time for it, I can forward you a copy of the constitution from the original chapter and the modified constitution I'm using at PCC.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm not back-shelving my chapter at PCC, and the one at OHSU is full-fledged now, but we've all backed off the weird mutiny situation at PSU and are leaving it be for the next couple terms.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 04:48:44 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 28, 2014, 04:24:50 AM

Totally... if you decide you're interested and have time for it, I can forward you a copy of the constitution from the original chapter and the modified constitution I'm using at PCC.

Forward it to me either way. The semester is still young so I have time to look at it now and along the way figure out what I would need to do for Fall to make it happen. Either way, I'm going to join the honors society, so I might have it on the off weeks (Honors society meets every other Thursday) or otherwise have it every week on Tuesday.

Nephew Twiddleton

Also, that would look ridiculously good on my transcript and resume for a biology major.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 28, 2014, 05:16:09 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 04:48:44 AM

Forward it to me either way. The semester is still young so I have time to look at it now and along the way figure out what I would need to do for Fall to make it happen. Either way, I'm going to join the honors society, so I might have it on the off weeks (Honors society meets every other Thursday) or otherwise have it every week on Tuesday.

Sure thing! I can give you tips for making it thrive, as well, by connecting with PIs and graduate students in Brain School.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 28, 2014, 05:17:07 AM
Also, that would look ridiculously good on my transcript and resume for a biology major.

Yes. As well as helping you make good connections within grad programs.

Nephew Twiddleton

My professor from Gen Bio I is also part of Mass General Hospital's neurology department....

Nephew Twiddleton

I'd definitely hit him up with the proposal. And in fall, he's going to be my Genetics professor too.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel