News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

When did this turn into...

Started by East Coast Hustle, December 16, 2004, 07:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Crappy Poetry Corner?

just wondering...

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

East Coast Hustle

oh, I dunno...since I joined the forums in September?!?!?!?!

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Wishfarple

Just because it doesn't rhyme doesn't mean it's not an attempt at poetry.

Some of the worst poetry I've ever read didn't rhyme.
His Right Most Honorable Super Hella Reverend Llama Wishfart Rinpoche of the Church of Ed Gein (Deceased),
Temple of Cleveland

Felix

I only come here usually for haiku and word association.

Yahtomet

I've been here for like, ten minutes, but maybe there should be one unified poetry thing? I don't think there's a reason to start a new thread every time someone spews out a poem.

Sepia

Ah! But every poem has a life of its own!
Everyone will always be too late

Wishfarple

It's true!  How could each and every precious gem of a poem get the ridicule it deserves if they were all mushed together?
His Right Most Honorable Super Hella Reverend Llama Wishfart Rinpoche of the Church of Ed Gein (Deceased),
Temple of Cleveland

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: YahtometI've been here for like, ten minutes, but maybe there should be one unified poetry thing? I don't think there's a reason to start a new thread every time someone spews out a poem.

I was thinking more along the lines of banning poetry completely, banning any user caught posting poetry, and finding their physical location so we can break their fingers so that they may never post (or even write) their shitty poetry anywhere else ever.

8)

Cain

But bad poetry is the best sort!

Sepia

but poetry is always good.

some of it here is even good. as in good good.

anywho, poetry is always positive.

East Coast Hustle

we will have to agree to disagree, as I am of the opinion that poetry ALWAYS sucks rancid goat-ass (unless it's discordian haiku, of course). especially whiny, angsty, I'm-a-depressed-teenager-who-doesn't-even-know-how-bad-life-really-sucks type of poetry that seems so common around these parts (and most other parts)

8)

Cain

Emo poetry doesnt count as poetry.  Therefore I see no problem.

East Coast Hustle

99% of all poetry is emo poetry.

therein lies the problem.

and most of the other 1% still sucks rancid goat-ass.

Sepia

jeebus!

you haven't read your proper poetry.

and some emo is always healthy.

8)