News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

Quick question about music preferences

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, January 16, 2014, 07:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Left

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 16, 2014, 07:20:43 PM

Well that would in Irish music be replaced by the bodhran.

This thing here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLiPbCyQwI0

I have one. I never play it. It's more of a wall decoration. It's probably going to stay that way.

Aw...I like those.  Then again, I like lots of percussion.
I'm thinking either the fiddle or the accordion, but not both, at least not at the same time.
Too shrill.
Plus, if there's less of you, y'all each get to pocket more money, right? 
Maybe guitar+accordion and leave it.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

EK WAFFLR

The accordion is a superior instrument.
It is the sound of God's own flatulence.
The accordion is, when you die*, what angels play in high heaven.
and EVERYONE becomes angels up there.

*if you don't end up in Tuscon, that is.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Waffleman on January 16, 2014, 08:12:31 PM
The accordion is a superior instrument.
It is the sound of God's own flatulence.
The accordion is, when you die*, what angels play in high heaven.
and EVERYONE becomes angels up there.

*if you don't end up in Tuscon, that is.

Hence the attraction to Tucson.  We have no accordions.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Yeah less of us means more for me. If either theresa or juan pablo played both it would be a no brainer. Thing is i consider both to be important instruments in the genre. I ll also have to plan the setlist and see which one is more important overall for the gig
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Though that people have that strong a hate for accordion is something to take into account divine nature of the flatulance notwithstanding

Reginald Ret

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 16, 2014, 06:19:53 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 16, 2014, 03:35:50 PM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 16, 2014, 07:40:49 AM
If you were to play an Irish music set in 2 months, or were forced to listen to one, would you prefer vocals/guitar/fiddle, vocals/guitar/accordion, or vocals/guitar/fiddle/accordion?

I ask because I've basically been booked for $150 the week before St. Patrick's, and need to figure out what would sound the best, and since fiddle and accordion fit the best, and Villager lives with a violinist and I live with an accordion player who's otherwise looking for a gig as a bassist.

Accordions are evil.  There is no scientific explanation for why they work.  Have you ever seen the inside of an accordion?  Even bagpipes operate on scientific principles (the wrong side of the tracks principles, but principles all the same).

Nobody outside of Wisconsin listens to accordions without entering a fugue state (Wisconsiners are always in this state) in which they may behave erratically or even dangerously.  It is both irresponsible and dangerous to use this "instrument" in a band.

:lulz:

Now I'm going to have to look at accordion guts.
DON'T! He is trying to trick you into opening one! Part of what he said is true, but you don't want to release what is in there!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: :regret: on January 16, 2014, 11:21:43 PM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 16, 2014, 06:19:53 PM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 16, 2014, 07:40:49 AM
If you were to play an Irish music set in 2 months, or were forced to listen to one, would you prefer vocals/guitar/fiddle, vocals/guitar/accordion, or vocals/guitar/fiddle/accordion?

I ask because I've basically been booked for $150 the week before St. Patrick's, and need to figure out what would sound the best, and since fiddle and accordion fit the best, and Villager lives with a violinist and I live with an accordion player who's otherwise looking for a gig as a bassist.

Accordions are evil.  There is no scientific explanation for why they work.  Have you ever seen the inside of an accordion?  Even bagpipes operate on scientific principles (the wrong side of the tracks principles, but principles all the same).

Nobody outside of Wisconsin listens to accordions without entering a fugue state (Wisconsiners are always in this state) in which they may behave erratically or even dangerously.  It is both irresponsible and dangerous to use this "instrument" in a band.

DON'T! He is trying to trick you into opening one! Part of what he said is true, but you don't want to release what is in there!

BE AFRAID. BE VERY AFRAID.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 17, 2014, 12:57:47 AM

That wasn't too bad

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 17, 2014, 01:21:43 AM

That wasn't too bad

You fucking animal.   :argh!:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 17, 2014, 01:26:52 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 17, 2014, 01:21:43 AM

That wasn't too bad

You fucking animal.   :argh!:

Spud-sucker, animal. They're somewhat synonymous, no?