News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Most Selfish Bastard Award goes to...(drum roll)...

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 16, 2014, 05:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 16, 2014, 06:48:37 PM
But it's his dweam.
\
:cry:

Wasn't it everyone's dream at some point to be the first firefighting astronaut president?

We usually come to realize there are impracticalities there after the age of 7 though.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Suu on January 16, 2014, 06:24:05 PM
Quote from: V3X on January 16, 2014, 05:45:57 PM
What a grade-A bag of half-eaten dog shit. I think the idea of colonizing Mars is 1000% awesome, but do I want to know that our sister planet is populated by deadbeat dads? No, no I do not. But this is what we get in the 21st century, I guess. Anyone who isn't too busy trying to outrun starvation and civil war is a victim of Special Snowflake Syndrome, and believe the bullshit they put in inspirational posters. "If you really believe in yourself, you'll find a way not to care what you do to the people who love and need you." Kudos to this guy, because now his family gets to spend the years between now and whenever he gets the "LOL YOU'RE NOT REALLY IN" letter from Mars One, believing that he's going to fuck off and leave them to fend for themselves. He is already a ghost, so when his dreams come crashing down like his dumb ass corpse will from the rafters in the garage when he gets that letter, they'll at least be able to pretend he's died and gone to Mars.

Tell us how you really feel.

But yeah, I saw that there's still only going to be 24 people that are going to be actually going, and they still don't have a definitive date for it. My bet is that the program will specifically weed out folks like him, for reasons such as, oh, you know, abandonment. Something tells me his dreams are gonna come crashing down.

Oh no. The article quotes some bigwig in the program who says that sort of thing ISN'T a problem. Everyone going to Mars is going to have baggage. They're watching to see how well he handles it. O.O So they won't tell him he can't go until AFTER he's turned his life into a flaming trainwreck. Class act, that. I think the only reason his wife isn't ditching him is because he has sole custody of his two older kids from a prior marriage and if she takes the younger two and buggers off, those older two are FUCKED. Because dad is "increasingly spending more time online talking to other hopefuls about what life on Mars might be like".
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 16, 2014, 07:02:46 PM
What a grade-A bag of half-eaten dog shit. I think the idea of colonizing Mars is 1000% awesome, but do I want to know that our sister planet is populated by deadbeat dads? No, no I do not. But this is what we get in the 21st century, I guess. Anyone who isn't too busy trying to outrun starvation and civil war is a victim of Special Snowflake Syndrome, and believe the bullshit they put in inspirational posters. "If you really believe in yourself, you'll find a way not to care what you do to the people who love and need you." Kudos to this guy, because now his family gets to spend the years between now and whenever he gets the "LOL YOU'RE NOT REALLY IN" letter from Mars One, believing that he's going to fuck off and leave them to fend for themselves. He is already a ghost, so when his dreams come crashing down like his dumb ass corpse will from the rafters in the garage when he gets that letter, they'll at least be able to pretend he's died and gone to Mars.

But yeah, I saw that there's still only going to be 24 people that are going to be actually going, and they still don't have a definitive date for it. My bet is that the program will specifically weed out folks like him, for reasons such as, oh, you know, abandonment. Something tells me his dreams are gonna come crashing down.

Oh no. The article quotes some bigwig in the program who says that sort of thing ISN'T a problem. Everyone going to Mars is going to have baggage. They're watching to see how well he handles it. O.O So they won't tell him he can't go until AFTER he's turned his life into a flaming trainwreck. Class act, that. I think the only reason his wife isn't ditching him is because he has sole custody of his two older kids from a prior marriage and if she takes the younger two and buggers off, those older two are FUCKED. Because dad is "increasingly spending more time online talking to other hopefuls about what life on Mars might be like".

I can tell him what it will be like.

"Spam in a can, breathing stinky recycled air and getting radiation sickness, until one of your suit seals fails.  Then you boil to death."
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

I need to apply to this as a crippled midget with MS.

I bet I make "the short list".

:lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 16, 2014, 07:17:16 PM

"Spam in a can, breathing stinky recycled air and getting radiation sickness, until one of your suit seals fails.  Then you boil to death."

Sounds like a dream come true to me. O.O

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 16, 2014, 07:18:42 PM

No spare part resupply = failed suit = dead person.  Very dead.  It's hard to get more dead.

Also, this is going to be funded by PPV reality TV?   :lulz:

"Um, guys, the show is a little depressing, what with you guys all getting cancer, so we aren't sending up the next 4 people.  Show's cancelled.  Godspeed."

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 16, 2014, 07:24:28 PM

No spare part resupply = failed suit = dead person.  Very dead.  It's hard to get more dead.

"Um, guys, the show is a little depressing, what with you guys all getting cancer, so we aren't sending up the next 4 people.  Show's cancelled.  Godspeed."

BUT MY KIDS! YOU HAVE TO GET ME HOME! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 16, 2014, 07:25:21 PM

There is no "home", as there's no practical way to launch from Mars.  Once you're there, you're stuck forever.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 16, 2014, 07:24:28 PM

:lulz:

Actually I think that would increase ratings. People like shit like that.

That is an important question. Are they going to start mining and manufacturing? Presumably they'd want people to reproduce there and expand the colony, start producing food.

How's the food going to work.

Wait, shouldn't they be sending foolhardy 20 somethings just out of college with nothing to do instead of a middle aged guy? Even just for the reproductive potential? Why's this guy still on the list?

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 16, 2014, 07:27:17 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 16, 2014, 07:25:21 PM

There is no "home", as there's no practical way to launch from Mars.  Once you're there, you're stuck forever.

Oh I know. But you know as soon as shit goes south it's going to be all about 'think of the children'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 16, 2014, 07:28:49 PM
That is an important question. Are they going to start mining and manufacturing? Presumably they'd want people to reproduce there and expand the colony, start producing food.

All 4 of them will do all of that, all of that and more!   :lulz:

QuoteHow's the food going to work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguayan_Air_Force_Flight_571

QuoteWait, shouldn't they be sending foolhardy 20 somethings just out of college with nothing to do instead of a middle aged guy? Even just for the reproductive potential? Why's this guy still on the list?

Reproduction?  In a high radiation environment?   :lulz:

Now THERE'S some ratings!  Astronauts and carnival geeks!

Anna Mae Bollocks

Maybe he'll really go.
And get stranded up there. Forever.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 16, 2014, 07:31:47 PM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 16, 2014, 07:28:49 PM

QuoteWait, shouldn't they be sending foolhardy 20 somethings just out of college with nothing to do instead of a middle aged guy? Even just for the reproductive potential? Why's this guy still on the list?

Lead. It's the new leather.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 16, 2014, 07:34:53 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 16, 2014, 07:31:47 PM

Lead. It's the new leather.

Nothing says "affordable launch" like a few tons of lead shielding!  :lol: