News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

My New Hero

Started by hooplala, January 17, 2014, 03:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

80 year old man hasn't bathed in 60 years... eats only rotten porcupine meat, drinks only water from a rusty can.  He smokes shit.  He doesn't cut his hair, he BURNS it.

I'm not making this up.

Now, mind you, I don't know how reliable "Oddity Central" is as a source, and my intuition suggest 'not very'... but I can't bear to dig any deeper.  I might find out it's not true.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Source appears to be the Tehran Times, "the voice of the Islamic Revolution and the oppressed people in the world" according to their tagline.

I guess it must be true, because I don't exactly see this as helping to spread the Islamic Revolution any.

hooplala

This guy just came up in conversation over drinks. My friend considered this guy the example of the worst kind of hipster. Doing things just to be "out there" and different.

I tried to use the argument that this guy is the ultimate in the rock and roll lifestyle... EVERYTHING he does is extreme. If this guy had to travel to a nearby town, he'd probably use a fucking catapult.

Friend pointed out that this guy probably hasn't been laid in 60 years, which is thoroughly UN-rock and roll.

I've yet to formulate an adequate response to that.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Salty

For all that filth and lack of water I am willing to bet he has fewer life-long STDs than your average rock and roller.

Whose pants would rather see the inside of, that dude or Mick Jagger?

I guess Neither is an option as well.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Left

...I saw a homeless guy who actually looked that grungy here, I was worried about him getting dehydrated b/c we were having a heatwave.

...Well, I bet he never catches cold-nobody can stand to get that close...

...His beard is likely not the only place he has dreads... :vom:

Quote from: Alty on January 17, 2014, 11:35:51 PM
I guess Neither is an option as well.

OH PRAISE JEEBUS!
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Salty

This guy, if he isnt somehow bullshitting is the coolest.

I especially enjoy that he smokes shit. He sees the sense in pleasurable pasttimes, yet also the sense in easily renewable resources. If you could adapt your self to enjoy such living, would it not be superfucking rad? No rent! No depending on The Man™.

In the 21st Century, that could well be the road to freedom,
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

LMNO

Oddly enough, rock and roll need not contain sex.

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Actually, after consulting with my wife, I retract my statement.

Rock and roll cannot exist without sex.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

We have guys like that in the US, too. Sometimes the police beat them to death for fun.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 18, 2014, 12:16:00 AM
Oddly enough, rock and roll need not contain sex.

OK buddy, just let us know where to make the drop so we can get LMNO back.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Sorry, I had an out-of-body experience for a moment, and temporarily thought I was in Jars Of Clay.