You know, when your beliefs get in the way of everything else...

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 22, 2014, 03:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Junkenstein

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 22, 2014, 07:42:08 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on January 22, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
I was under the impression that everyone knew R. Kelly is a terrible, terrible person for many reasons.

Which makes this make little sense to me. I'm marginally happier with confusion than a facebook account however.
https://www.facebook.com/Rkelly

4.2 million likes.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 22, 2014, 07:15:15 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 22, 2014, 06:42:01 PM
I'm guessing something has happened on facebook?

That's not surprising about RWHN, though it is pretty depressing.  I mean, I was depressed just reading him here, entire sites full of people like him....urgh.

Yeah, there was a joke thread on TDS2014 about "R Kelly Day", and Nigel was joking around about it.  Pixie took offense, and things got a little hairy.

Though how anyone would think that Nigel was being serious was beyond me entirely.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Ben Shapiro

Another failed attempt of dropping: Roger/Nigel/Stella down a notch.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: 375 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal on January 22, 2014, 08:33:49 PM

Naw.  Pixie is a sweetie.  She's just trapped in a narrative.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Pergamos

Quote from: Junkenstein on January 22, 2014, 07:08:56 PM
A lot of them can vote as well. Remember that when you next hear about how great democracy is.

And according to RWHN they have influence over policy makers (beyond being able to vote them out)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on January 22, 2014, 09:08:22 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on January 22, 2014, 07:08:56 PM
A lot of them can vote as well. Remember that when you next hear about how great democracy is.

And according to RWHN they have influence over policy makers (beyond being able to vote them out)

No, according to RWHN, RWHN is a policy maker.   :lulz:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 22, 2014, 08:42:09 PM
Quote from: 375 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal on January 22, 2014, 08:33:49 PM

Naw.  Pixie is a sweetie.  She's just trapped in a narrative.

Yeah, Pixie's been around forever. It wasn't some kind of power play.
It was pretty dumb, though.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 22, 2014, 07:46:54 PM
Relevant:

http://scholarsandrogues.com/2014/01/22/dasha-zhukovas-racist-chair-we-all-need-to-be-more-responsible-with-our-outrage/

Oh holy shit, yes, yes, yes.

Which is also exactly the point of R. Kelly Month... it's making fun of the guy and anybody who sincerely admires him. And it's fucking funny. The guy who said "I peed in a bottle and threw it through the window of a schoolbus, that has to be worth some R Kelly points, right?" had me rolling.

If you can't make fun of people who are genuinely repulsive human beings, if you can't make THEM the butt of the joke, what is the use of humor as a social tool?

The fact that some people are so desperately looking for directions to point their fingers in doesn't mean that the "racism chair" is racist. People who disregard everything they know about others in pursuit of lodging accusations and being offended are wearing king-size filters that cause them to miss a whole lot, all the time.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Left

Quote from: Junkenstein on January 22, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
I'm marginally happier with confusion than a facebook account however.

Same here, I think.

Besides that, I'm thinking certain members of my family will sleep better in their tidy Christian beds not knowing me that well.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

outoftheloop

Pro-tip on making everyone you meet in the uk angry/offended/scared-that-you're-going-to-rape-them: Sing "Blurred Lines".

Some girl actually stopped talking to me, when I told her that I like the song  :lulz:
innit safe, fam?