News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

Someone tell me this is a troll

Started by Pergamos, January 22, 2014, 02:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pergamos

http://www.paulmacrae.com/?p=239#more-239

This guy wrote a book explaining how climate change is indeed happening, and is indeed caused by humans, and that it is a good thing that is going to turn the world into a paradise. 

Is this conservatives finally realizing that they an't simply deny the science and deciding to spin it?

Anna Mae Bollocks

Post it at the conservative groups on facebook and report back with your findings, maybe?  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

The facts are right. The interpretation is fucked up. The Earth has been way hotter in the past. And well beyond the 2 Celsius limit.

Thing is, those changes were usually gradual. And when they weren't they lead to mass extinctions.

The interesting about Homo sapiens is that we are actually adapted for hotter temperatures. The problem is is that we've kinda ditched that a little and made high density population centers on coastlines. It's not a question of if humanity will survive. We will. It's just going to blow. Especially for people living in coastal cities.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Left

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 22, 2014, 03:12:07 AM

Thing is, those changes were usually gradual. And when they weren't they lead to mass extinctions.

The interesting about Homo sapiens is that we are actually adapted for hotter temperatures. The problem is is that we've kinda ditched that a little and made high density population centers on coastlines. It's not a question of if humanity will survive. We will. It's just going to blow. Especially for people living in coastal cities.
Correct.
Dunno if I linked this before, if so sorry for repeating...
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-the-city-of-miami-is-doomed-to-drown-20130620
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.