News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Anybody look at Ukraine lately?

Started by Random Probability, January 23, 2014, 12:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

So, he's more like a Tsar than a commissar.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Yeah, for sure.  If there's any ideological component here, it's Russian nationalism and Eurasianism.

I mean, Putin does try to big himself up as another Stalin, but that's Stalin as the Russians see him.  The strong leader, the war leader, the victor against the odds in the face of an implacable enemy.  Not the Stalin who wrote windy long diatribes on the Worker's Revolution.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Brother Nihil on March 10, 2014, 01:01:23 AM
For other perspectives on the Ukraine debacle and what the U.S. government has been up to there, I highly recommend the following:

http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/02/28/the-rape-of-ukraine-phase-two-begins/
http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/
http://vineyardsaker.blogspot.com/

Some highlights of your American government propagandists in action:

* John Kerry calling the bloodless, popularly supported takeover of Crimea an "incredible act of aggression", after supporting the Iraq war that kill hundreds of thousands of men, women and children.

* State Department operative Victoria Nuland saying "fuck the EU", while conspiring to overthrow a democratically elected leader.

* Western establishment pundits comparing Putin to Hitler and drawing comparisons to the Sudetenland, while backing Ukrainian neo-Nazis (need I mention these same pundits' position on the Iraq invasion?)

Here's the architect of Eurasianism, Alexander Dugin's message to Americans. A choice bit:

QuoteNow here is what I would say to the American people. The American political elite has tried in this situation as well as in many others to make the Russians hate Americans. But it has failed. We hate the American political elite that brings death, terror, lies and bloodshed everywhere – in Serbia, in Afghanistan, in Iraq, in Libya, in Syria – and now in Ukraine. We hate the global oligarchy that has usurped America and uses her as its tool. We hate the double standard of their politics where they call "fascist" innocent citizens without any feature resembling fascist ideology and in the same breath deny the open Hitlerists and Bandera admirers the qualification of "Nazi" in the Ukraine. All that the American political elite speaks or creates (with small exceptions) is one big lie. And we hate that lie because the victims of this lie are not only ourselves, but also you the American people. You believe them, you vote for them. You have confidence in them. But they deceive and betray you.

Trying to drive a wedge between the American people and its elites, George Soros-style, is a nice idea, but the problem is, at some point don't you have to hold the citizens in a "democracy" at least partially responsible for allowing itself to be led by such corrupt, evil, lying criminals? I don't think the American people should be let off so easily. Russia lost 20 million people in World War II; how many does America need to lose before it shows Russia some respect?

:herewego:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Brother Nihil on March 10, 2014, 01:01:23 AM
For other perspectives on the Ukraine debacle and what the U.S. government has been up to there, I highly recommend the following:

http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/02/28/the-rape-of-ukraine-phase-two-begins/
http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/
http://vineyardsaker.blogspot.com/

Some highlights of your American government propagandists in action:

* John Kerry calling the bloodless, popularly supported takeover of Crimea an "incredible act of aggression", after supporting the Iraq war that kill hundreds of thousands of men, women and children.

* State Department operative Victoria Nuland saying "fuck the EU", while conspiring to overthrow a democratically elected leader.

* Western establishment pundits comparing Putin to Hitler and drawing comparisons to the Sudetenland, while backing Ukrainian neo-Nazis (need I mention these same pundits' position on the Iraq invasion?)

Here's the architect of Eurasianism, Alexander Dugin's message to Americans. A choice bit:

QuoteNow here is what I would say to the American people. The American political elite has tried in this situation as well as in many others to make the Russians hate Americans. But it has failed. We hate the American political elite that brings death, terror, lies and bloodshed everywhere – in Serbia, in Afghanistan, in Iraq, in Libya, in Syria – and now in Ukraine. We hate the global oligarchy that has usurped America and uses her as its tool. We hate the double standard of their politics where they call "fascist" innocent citizens without any feature resembling fascist ideology and in the same breath deny the open Hitlerists and Bandera admirers the qualification of "Nazi" in the Ukraine. All that the American political elite speaks or creates (with small exceptions) is one big lie. And we hate that lie because the victims of this lie are not only ourselves, but also you the American people. You believe them, you vote for them. You have confidence in them. But they deceive and betray you.

Trying to drive a wedge between the American people and its elites, George Soros-style, is a nice idea, but the problem is, at some point don't you have to hold the citizens in a "democracy" at least partially responsible for allowing itself to be led by such corrupt, evil, lying criminals? I don't think the American people should be let off so easily. Russia lost 20 million people in World War II; how many does America need to lose before it shows Russia some respect?

:tldr2:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Interesting.  William Engdahl is suggesting that the snipers were elements from Ukrainian National Assembly – Ukrainian People's Self-Defense, a fascist group with a history of violence. 

However, he fails to mention that Andriy Shkil is also linked to the Ukrainian oligarch Viktor Medvedchuk, a relative of Putin's (by marriage IIRC) and backer of the previous President.  According to a UK journalist, UNA-UNSO have a history of doing what he tells them to.

hirley0

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 10, 2014, 01:45:56 AM
NOpe :herewego:  Europe is not in the picture

hirley0 and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hirley0 on March 11, 2014, 08:18:39 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 10, 2014, 01:45:56 AM
NOpe :herewego:  Europe is not in the picture

hirley0 and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

It's not my fault.  I TRIED to read down.

Cain

Although strictly speaking I'm ignoring Brother Nihil, I just want to point out it's cute he thinks some of us aren't already following those links.

He's like that guy who runs up to you and goes "have you heard about this website called Facebook, it's really cool and stuff"....in 2009

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 11, 2014, 02:45:31 PM
Although strictly speaking I'm ignoring Brother Nihil, I just want to point out it's cute he thinks some of us aren't already following those links.

He's like that guy who runs up to you and goes "have you heard about this website called Facebook, it's really cool and stuff"....in 2009

Or someone busting in here to tell us about the principia discordia.

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

What I don't get is that he keeps coming in here spouting his shit, when he KNOWS nobody is listening to his Nazi ass.  EVANGELICAL FAILURE.  Seriously, this guy is weapons-grade RETARDED.

Cain

But if he were capable of learning, would he still be a neoreactionary?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 11, 2014, 02:58:08 PM
But if he were capable of learning, would he still be a neoreactionary?

Excellent point.  It's like the kaos mahdgickque tards.

The neoreactionary thing tells me that he's given up all hope of ever actually getting laid.  It's sort of a nerd rage quit thing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Brother Nihil on March 11, 2014, 07:36:28 PM
My friends, your psychological insight is, shall we say, not up to Hannibal Lecter standards. The high school level sexual jabs are particularly amusing; like I said, I lived in Moscow for a year, at the tail end of the Yeltsin years. Repressed Judeo-Christian progressive Amerikans who preach about freedom have no idea what a sexually free society actually looks like (here's a hint: dyke kike Marxist feminists are nowhere in evidence, thanks be to Yahweh). I pity Westerners who have never experienced Russia, land of the free, the straight, and the sexy!

:tldr:

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2014, 07:42:55 PM
Quote from: Brother Nihil on March 11, 2014, 07:36:28 PM
My friends, your psychological insight is, shall we say, not up to Hannibal Lecter standards. The high school level sexual jabs are particularly amusing; like I said, I lived in Moscow for a year, at the tail end of the Yeltsin years. Repressed Judeo-Christian progressive Amerikans who preach about freedom have no idea what a sexually free society actually looks like (here's a hint: dyke kike Marxist feminists are nowhere in evidence, thanks be to Yahweh). I pity Westerners who have never experienced Russia, land of the free, the straight, and the sexy!

:tldr:
I did. It was filled with a depressing lack of perspective.
Pro-tip: Don't bother.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"