News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Anybody look at Ukraine lately?

Started by Random Probability, January 23, 2014, 12:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 10, 2015, 04:18:43 PM
So, a self-hating Jew is funding a battalion of Ukranian neo-Nazi trash?

What could go wrong?

Oh its even better than that.  Ihor Kolomoyskyi is a well known sponsor of Jewish causes, including the United Jewish Community of Ukraine, the European Council of Jewish Communities and the European Jewish Union.

This all political expediency.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 12, 2015, 08:30:10 AM

What could go wrong?

Oh its even better than that.  Ihor Kolomoyskyi is a well known sponsor of Jewish causes, including the United Jewish Community of Ukraine, the European Council of Jewish Communities and the European Jewish Union.

Wow.  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Well, I'm sure this is a good sign.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/02/26/midst-war-ukraine-becomes-gateway-europe-jihad/

QuoteI N THE 17th century, the area to the east of the Dnieper River was known as the "wilderness," an ungoverned territory that attracted refugees, criminals and peasants — a place beyond the reach of the Russian empire. Today, this part of Ukraine plays a similar role, this time for Muslim brothers. In eastern Ukraine, the green flag of jihad flies over some of the private battalions' bases.

For many Muslims, like Rizvan, the war in Ukraine's Donbass region is just the next stage in the fight against the Russian empire. It doesn't matter to them whether their ultimate goal is a Caliphate in the Middle East, or simply to have the Caucuses free of Russian influence — the brothers are united not by nation, but by a sense of community and solidarity.

But the brothers barely have the financial means for fighting or living. They are poor, and very rarely receive grants from the so-called Islamic humanitarian organizations. They must earn money for themselves, and this is usually done by force. Amber is one of the ideas Rizvan has for financing the "company of brothers" fighting in eastern Ukraine — the Dudayev battalion, which includes Muslims from several nations, Ukrainians, Georgians, and even a few Russians.

Cain

Still no fascists in Ukraine:

The Guardian, naturally, completely misses this fact in this piece of piss masquerading as reporting.

(for those of you not aware of Nazi symbology, 1488 is a very well known Nazi slogan.  Additionally, the symbol on the door is the symbol of the Dirlewanger Brigade, the most depraved SS battalion in WWII, made up of career killers, rapists, child molestors and serial killers).

The Guardian has since (silently) updated the article with a caption to mention the "far right links" of the insignia.

Junkenstein

So the eventual destination for this shit is where exactly? I can't see it staying there and Transinistra and other shady disputed areas spring to mind.

Or I guess you just let it sit and fester. That's what's been happening for what, over a year now? Probably contributes to the lax reporting. No-one's shocked by overt right wing displays in some places now.

For fucks sake, there was an EDL march in Manchester last week. That was just comical.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Wizard Joseph

Posting to get in on the thread.

What is the meaning of holding one finger up as in the group pic above on this page?

I'm convinced that the only high mammal more disgusting than dogs is man. A dog will merely go back and eat it's own vomit. Humans go back, throw some glitter on their atrocities and have another go with them.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Might be emulating ISIS.  Or mean "unity"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 12, 2015, 01:25:39 AM

What is the meaning of holding one finger up as in the group pic above on this page?

I'm convinced that the only high mammal more disgusting than dogs is man. A dog will merely go back and eat it's own vomit. Humans go back, throw some glitter on their atrocities and have another go with them.

Hey man, waste not, want not.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Prince-of-Plots on March 12, 2015, 04:26:35 AM
Might be emulating ISIS.  Or mean "unity"

Thought that was likley, but never can be sure. The Nazi's were big on physical gesture.

ISIS does it too eh? Gestures in some ways say much more to the body of the person gesturing than to the onlooker. The 'meaning' in you head is reinforced every time you do it.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 12, 2015, 04:45:50 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 12, 2015, 01:25:39 AM

Hey man, waste not, want not.

:lol: Guess the basic laws of nature still apply! You spend so much time thinking of a good atrocity, why only use it once?

Oh... we're doomed.  :|

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 12, 2015, 12:04:43 AM
So the eventual destination for this shit is where exactly? I can't see it staying there and Transinistra and other shady disputed areas spring to mind.

Or I guess you just let it sit and fester. That's what's been happening for what, over a year now? Probably contributes to the lax reporting. No-one's shocked by overt right wing displays in some places now.

For fucks sake, there was an EDL march in Manchester last week. That was just comical.

Well, eventually it will leak back into Russia.  The assassination of Nemtsov suggests this is already happening.

Kadyrov's got ambitions.  It remains to be seen whether Putin can effectively slap him down.  His list of competent allies is getting thing.  Perhaps Kadyrov knows this.  I would've said it was too early to be planning Putin's fall, but I'm not in Russia. 

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 12, 2015, 04:38:40 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 12, 2015, 08:30:10 AM

What could go wrong?

Wow.  :lol:

And once again, it is shown that the operating lense through which it is best to analyse Ukrainian politics is that of oligarchy:

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-03-20/ukraine-s-oligarchs-are-at-war-again-

QuoteOn Thursday, the government appointed a new chief executive for Ukrtransnafta, but Lazorko didn't want to leave. The bodyguards for the new appointee had to fight through a security cordon to get their boss into the office. Kolomoisky's reaction was swift. He occupied Ukrtransnafta's headquarters with a detail of camouflaged men, arriving with an entourage that included legislators.

Video footage of the raid looks as dramatic as anything seen in the 1990's, when the former Soviet Union's first billionaires were working on their first millions. Asked by a Radio Liberty journalist what a regional governor was doing at a state company's office so late, Kolomoisky replied (I'm editing out copious cursing): "I came to see you. I have no other chance to see your face, Radio Liberty. Why aren't you asking how Ukrtransnafta was seized and Russian subversives got in here? Or have you come to see Kolomoisky? We liberated the building from Russian subversives who had seized it, and you and your Liberty are sitting here watching like a dame watches for her unfaithful husband."

QuoteIt would now be natural for Poroshenko to fire Kolomoisky as governor. "The country received a challenge yesterday," Nayyem wrote in a blog post. Failure to respond, he said, would show Ukraine's creditors and allies that it is indeed "the failed state of which Vladimir Putin has been dreaming for many years."

Even if Poroshenko fires Kolomoisky, however, his wealth and influence on the volunteer battalions would still make him a powerful figure. When he labels someone a "Russian subversive," thousands of armed people listen, if only because he has been better able to equip and pay them than the government in Kiev. Kolomoisky is too shrewd a businessman to bring about a military coup, but he will hardly allow Poroshenko -- who was until recently his equal -- to push him around.

The Wizard Joseph

Part of me wishes that the cursing had been left in.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

jonb

I think you should find that this is a deep enough explanation of my view. Well actually it isn't, its old and made when I had the intention of maybe visiting the east coast, Mind you even with that admission I am next to sure you will find some points contained within quite moot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITpgYewlwNw

ivan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonid_Kuchma (2nd president of Ukraine)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Yushchenko (3rd president of Ukraine)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Yanukovych (next president)

There the hint
...the world's largest...
...conceived and created a unique short term...

Why?

Because:
Tzadikim
In Hasidism tzadiks transformed into spiritual leaders ( rabbi ), which go for advice, who ask for prayers and blessings. They even founded dynasties, and after their death, their tombs became places of pilgrimage. These graves are in Berdichev , Uman and Chernobyl (this places in west, central and east ukraine, of these places grow roots Hasidism and Chabad.)

Of course, between all this information there is no connection, it's an example of conspiracy delusions from modern Ukraine.